Sign in to follow this  
TheFuzz

Hello all

Hi everyone!

My name is Stephen, I'm new to EB. Long time lurker and decided to register.

Almost 30, I'm a long time Lego fan. I was mostly into space in my early years and Star Wars through my teens. My dark ages lasted about 13-14 years.

As a movie fanatic, my wife got me the DeLorean for Christmas in 2013. I was hooked again. Since then I've gotten caught up with a lot of the Ideaa sets, Marvel, Batman (Got Arkham Asylum weeks before it was EOL) and have started on the modulars. I currently have PR, PS, and am building the Detective's Office currently. I've found the expert sets are the ones I like the most as I'm able to stretch the build over a few weekends.

Good to find a group of others to share this money-swallowing hobby with!

Edited by TheFuzz

Glad to have you here, Stephen. Those modulars are fantastic, but man they take up too much space!

I am only able to do some Star Wars sets, pirate ships, and Super Heroes minifigs. Until the kids move out and I can have a LEGO room, that is! :laugh:

Stephen here,

Welcome to Eurobricks, fellow Stephen!

The modulars are great sets with nice detail, and they definitely can swallow up money!

Do you collect and build sets according to instructions or do you MOC as well?

Thanks guys!

Yes, I definitely do a bit of MOCing. Since I tend to focus on bigger sets, most of what I do could be called "enhancing."

I bought Arkham and added three walls and really built it up, but now am thinking a modular setup would look better. I can post pics if anyone cares.

To be honest, I really like buying the bigger sets that are great for displaying but also give a sense of expansion. The only set Ive found that needs nothing at all is Parisian Restaurant. Everything else has room to get bigger and better (currently im really liking the possibilities with Detective's Office).