Bayonets at Dawn
Armies are on the war-path - from Blenheim to Bunker Hill to Balaclava, Leipzig to Lissa, Wagram to Waterloo, powder is readied, and sabres polished. And it's war - and a very unhealthy trade!
Your task is to build a battle scene, based on an actual battle, as realistically as possible. The battle should have taken place between 1450 and 1880, including Spanish Conquest in the Americas and American Civil War (but hence excluding the Boer War). Pre-1450 battles in the Americas (eg. Mayan, Inca) are also allowed, as they fit the general genre, but not medieval battles of the same era (eg. knights on horseback). All "factions" are allowed. Naturally, fantasy elements are not permissible. Any queries, just ask.
Need inspiration? Check out the MOC Indexes - in particular the Land-based MOCs - a wealth of ideas and techniques to explore.
- The contest will run from NOW (posting time of this message!) until May 31 2010!
- You may continually modify and update your entry right up until the deadline
- One entry per member; only new MOCs
- You must include a short description or link to evidence of the actual battle; paintings, Wikipedia etc.
- Full customization is allowed, including decals, string, sails, 3rd party customs (e.g. Brickarms, Brickforge). Cutting and painting are permissible, but as the contest is judged by public vote, these may not be popular. We suggest visiting The Great Pirate Torso Library and the Sail Library Resource.
- No clone brands or digital entries
- No size or minifig limit
- Post 6 pictures (maximum size 800x600). You can link to an external gallery, where there are no image limitations. See these tutorials for help with resizing images and deeplinking.
- Important: Each entry will be posted in its own thread, like you would with a normal MOC. All entry threads are to be created in the LEGO Pirates MOCs Forum. The thread title should be the title of the ENTRY. The description of the entry thread should be "Bayonets at Dawn Contest Entry".
- Judging will take place by a public vote. Each person can pick their top 3 entries. This will happen by posting, not by voting in a poll.
First prize for the winner is this extensive Armybuilder's Package which will be shipped world wide and free of charge to the contest winner:
Note: Brickarms kindly donated 20 bayonets and clips and 6 rapiers to expand our Armybuilder's Package even more!
Armybuilder's Package contains:
•50 shakos (no print)
•10 tricorne hats
•2 bicorne hats
•30 red epaulettes
•30 blue epaulettes
•10 yellow epaulettes
•10 brown epaulettes
•20 Brickarms bayonets and clips
•6 Brickarms rapiers
Second prize is a collection of 5 brand new 8396 Soldier's Arsenal sets! Of course these will be also be shipped world wide free of charge to the second place winner!
Thanks to the kindness of Brickarms, these are also outfitted with 5 extra Brickarms bayonets and clips!
And as usual, we will also have some nice tags for the winners of this contest!
Now start building, and much luck and fun to everyone from the entire Classic-Pirates and Eurobricks Staff!