Sign in to follow this  
Strelki

How to wash remove glue from pieces.

I built a model of a house. And when I was moving I didn't want to take it apart because I didn't have instructions for it. So I wrapped skoch around the outside walls of the house, and filled the interior with various of my pieces. Now I find that, after taking away skoch from the outside walls, the pieces that make up the walls are sticky on one side. It is uncomfortable. Maybe I need to wash away the glue that is left from the skoch.

I find that pressing sticky tape onto the parts, and then rapidly removing the tape, will remove glue. You need to do this over and over again to get all of the glue off - can be a real PITA though.

mineralised Methylated spirits on a cotton bud. Rub over once to soak the glue and wait a few seconds then rub again to remove the glue.

Edited by Modelmaker

I have used tape head cleaner to remove glue residue on things. Make sure it is not acetone based type.

The best and gentlest cleaner I ever found for things like that is a commercial product called "Goo Gone". It can be found at most household retailers and supermarkets. Target typically even has a tiny bottle of the stuff in their $1 aisle.