Sign in to follow this  
Tamland

Are all LEGO Themes connected?

In Episode 9 of the Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu TV Series, there is a scene where Cole is explaining the history of The Blade Cup to the other ninja. He says the Blade Cup was created by a man named Clutch Powers. What significance does that have? Haha, well a lot.

Think about it, this confirms that Clutch Powers takes place in the same "universe" as Ninjago does. Backtracking a little bit, in the Clutch Powers movie, there is a scene where Clutch is digging under LEGO City for power crystals. And he's using Power Miners vehicles. The theme Power Miners was discontinued a few years ago, but. Dr. Brains from the Power Miners team was later featured in a LEGO Atlantis set. LEGO Atlantis was confirmed to have taken place in the same universe as Pharoh's Quest, Alien Conquest and Dino. (Remember that one comic?)

Now, one theme that is very similar to Alien Conquest is Galaxy Squad, which was discontinued at the end of last year. Galaxy Squad has a link to Ultra Agents, a theme that is being released this summer. Solomon Blaze will appear in both of those themes. Ultra Agents is notably similar to the original Agents theme (And Agents 2.0) that were released a few years ago. Agents 2.0 was also set in LEGO City. Backtracking once again, the Clutch Powers movie also confirms that Space Police and Kingdoms, Castle, etc. all take place in the same "universe" but on different planets. (If I recall correctly)

I'm not sure if this is what LEGO is going for, but I think that the majority of LEGO themes take place in the same LEGO world.

So yeah, I don't know if this has any significance or not, but I just felt like sharing it.

Edited by Tamland

Monster Fighters is also connected to Galaxy Squad. So you can throw that in as well.

And thanks for bringing this up. I knew there were connections, but I didn't know there were this many.

If you want to throw The Lego Movie in this, there's several "regions" that are designated to different themes. So there's that.

Personally, I have no problems with all the connections. I think it's cool, canon or not.

I've heard Aquazone was actually planned to be part of the space theme and be related to Blacktron or something like that.

amazing observation! I have never thought of that, you sound right. This is amazing!13.gif

Edited by samlifegots

It goes a lot deeper than that - if you include Club Magazines, promotion materials, etc., you can create a timeline that links together almost all themes. One of these days, I may post a huge post with a long list of them all...

For the moment, I'll link you to the Sci-Fi thread on the Space timeline - but be careful, there is a of hypothesis when it comes to dates, and not all agree with the given canon. For instance, one of the currently best composed timeline sets Mars Mission as happening in 2045 - which raises a lot of question as to how Clutch Powers and his crew were wearing them in 2009*.

*And then you have people who suggest that Clutch Powers happened in the future. Which could be possible. But, dates in LEGO City always seems to be specific to the theme-line of that year, and only sets produced up to 2009 are seen. Not to mention, Alien Conquest happened in 2011, and one of the LEGO Club Magazine was filled with fake newspaper articles for it - all of which were dated from 2011.

Edited by Lind Whisperer