Adventurers Dino Island

5912 Mike's Swamp Boat

Orient Expedition

7410 Jungle River x2

7411 Tygurah's Roar

Jurassic Park III

7623 Spinosaurus Attack

Outback

6444 Outback Airstrip (on green baseplate)

6490 Amazon Crossing (on green baseplates)

Knights' Kingdom

8778 Border Ambush (bridge only)

Deep in the African jungle lies a small port only accessable by air or by boat. Ruins stand in the distance with numerous traps to keep out foolish treasure seekers. Indy and his loyal friends journey upstream while others plot an adventure into the heart of the jungle to find the lost treasures.

Starting with a small outpost and port using the Outback Airstrip:

dsc00062.jpg

Indy's adventure boat (from River Expedition) makes its way upstream. The statue of Congo, the Ape God can be seen in the distance:

dsc00063.jpg

A close-up of the sea plane:

dsc00067.jpg

A close-up of the Congo statue:

dsc00068.jpg

Another shot of the port:

dsc00069.jpg

More jungle ruins:

dsc00071.jpg

A close-up of Indy's river boat:

dsc00072.jpg

Lastly, the whole jungle scene:

dsc00070.jpg

I enjoy mixing like-themed sets (Jungle Adventure and Indy) as a great way to display official sets. Some of you may remember Port Adventure using desert sets, but i thought I'd try something similar with jungle in anticipation of the next Indy line-up.

Comments welcome.

That looks really effective, that mixing. I love the way you've included Outback Airstrip as well, very clever. I love that boat from River expedition, its nice to see that blended so well with the Indy sets. The Temple Escape fits in snug, I just don't like that boulder though, I plan to make a brickbuilt one like off the game when I get that set, but thats a set gripe, not this display, which looks very good. I reckon a few more Jungle boats could fit on that river though, it looks a bit empty, and maybe a few cars near the temple entrance to fill up that empty space. Apart from that, I really can't fault it, its a wonderful display *y*

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Wow, they really do look very nice alongside each other.

Thanks General. Appreciate your feedback.

I love the way you've included Outback Airstrip as well, very clever.

I had to. It's a great set! and looks good jungle outfitted too.

I love that boat from River expedition, its nice to see that blended so well with the Indy sets.

Yes, it's one of my top fav sets, and a great way for Indy to travel along the jungle river.

I'm looking for a few more jungle sets that I may add. Thanks for the feedback BB.

This looks indeed like the beginning of a great layout. :'-)

But it seems you could really need a lot more landscaping, perhaps with a river and

some hills and rocks and a waterfall, right now everything looks a little flat somehow.... :-$

Thank you all for the feedback.

But it seems you could really need a lot more landscaping, perhaps with a river and

some hills and rocks and a waterfall, right now everything looks a little flat somehow.... :-$

Incorporating some of the ideas from the Jungle Building Tips thread, I added some levels of bricks, my old spruce and cypress tree collection, and a number of flowers (both with and without the flower pieces).

The result is this:

dsc00025.jpg

dsc00027.jpg

Indy and friends making their way to the entrance to the cave:

dsc00029.jpg

Crocodile infested river:

dsc000123.jpg

dsc000132.jpg

I think the added foliage really helps as some of you mentioned.

Still, what I would like to see, I guess, is just a little more development away from the

straight baseplate layout to an incorporation of some vertical elements like, perhaps,

a (small) canyon with a waterfall and a suspension bridge, maybe some caves or pueblos....

Thanks for your feedback Asuka. I'm building to the scene, a little at a time. I added Amazon Crossing (6490) and another thin section of green plates in the front of the display so that the scene will look more like a river with banks on both sides.

Here's a few new shots:

dsc00135.jpg

dsc000223.jpg

dsc000224.jpg

I plan to add more.

I'm building to the scene, a little at a time.

You did a lot of good changes in a very short time.... but it surely needs a lot of time to

work on a proper landscaping. Don

Perhaps you could add WIP to your topic title.

Definately - done!

wow it looks fantastic, i like it.

Thanks Hoang. Appreciate you checking it out.

Definately - done!

Good thing it was or I wouldn't have seen it again!

This is looking fantastic TheBrickster, I am very surprised how well those spruce trees work. The bridge is an excellent touch, and the added rocks and shrubery is great. I'm not too sure about the flowers though, it makes it seem more like a garden, have you considered removing some of the petals from the grass pieces?

I would also like to see some more vertical construction up the back, maybe a rock formation, mountain or waterfall to fill up that back space without blocking the view of anything. Looking much better now though, I very much look forward to further modifications.

Wow, It looks much better with the trees and bushes, Well done! *y* X-D

Hmmm... Maybe you could add the blimp from the Jungle Adventurers Series...

Wow, It looks much better with the trees and bushes, Well done! *y* X-D

Hmmm... Maybe you could add the blimp from the Jungle Adventurers Series...

Thanks. The Jungle Building Tips that everyone offered helped a lot.

I never picked up the Adventure Blimp. Would you believe that I actually had it in my hand at a Toy Store and looked down upon the little grin thinking, I don't think I like this blimp.

5956-1.jpg

Thanks Wulf.

And a special thanks to Batbrick for his idea to add a plane crash. Today's addition, the tree and airplane from Spinosaurus Attack (1371). What a great little airplane and tree to add to the jungle scene!

dsc0003234.jpg

I'm waiting on more green pieces from LSAH's PickABrick to add more trees and foliage.

PS. This almost reminds me of Stone Soup. I had no idea I had all these jungle-related sets.

And a special thanks to Batbrick for his idea to add a plane crash. Today's addition, the tree and airplane from Spinosaurus Attack (1371). What a great little airplane and tree to add to the jungle scene!

I'm waiting on more green pieces from LSAH's PickABrick to add more trees and foliage.

PS. This almost reminds me of Stone Soup. I had no idea I had all these jungle-related sets.

Wow, thanks. It looks great too, good work, I love the way you incorporated the Spinosaurus set into this. I love that skellie down the bottom too, I guess the new arms aren't as bad as I though they were for dead people. Could we get a few more overall shots please?

Its funny how you can manage to find all this foliage and jungle pieces isn't it?

Edited by Batbrick

The plane crash looks great. *y* Keep it up!

~Peace

First of all I love what you're using for water! I know I've asked what it is before, but dumbfoundedly I've forgotten, so if you could remind me that would be great! Now all you need is a large painting or something similar to put in the background.

Very interesting how you've combined the Adventurers theme with the new Indiana Jones set. I noticed you've opted to use all flesh-tone mini-figures. So is this intended to be an Indiana Jones adventure or do you see it set in a universe of it's own?

First of all I love what you're using for water! I know I've asked what it is before, but dumbfoundedly I've forgotten, so if you could remind me that would be great! Now all you need is a large painting or something similar to put in the background.

Thanks Phes. It's a plastic mat that I purchased as part of a Christmas Village scene.

You've seen it as part of Port Adventure:

moc3.jpg

Port Legend:

town2.jpg

And Mystery Ship:

fishingboat2.jpg

It's been a great item for setting up bodies of water for Lego dioramas.

I've actually been looking for some sort of poster or backdrop to add to the diorama. I'm not sure what to use. I've thought about the backdrops for fish tanks that come off a roll. You can cut them to any length. I may check out my local fish tank/pet store to see what they have.

Very interesting how you've combined the Adventurers theme with the new Indiana Jones set. I noticed you've opted to use all flesh-tone mini-figures. So is this intended to be an Indiana Jones adventure or do you see it set in a universe of it's own?

Good question. I chose to go with the new Indiana fleshies and leave out Johny Thunder and his crew. I thought it would be a bit much to have both competing adventure teams searching through the jungle. It's Indy figs, but more Adventurer sets - at least until the 2nd wave of Indy sets come out. Your question reminds me that I'm going to add a set list to this that shows all the sets that are included.

Thanks for your feedback. Reminds me of the old days. *y*

I love how the plane crash turned out. It looks brilliant! *y*

Thanks, but I can't take much credit as this is an official set (1371). I did not think of using it until Batbrick's recommendation (thanks again BB!). But I do have a few more small sets that I may add. I'll keep posting images as I add to it.

EDIT: I should also point out that the plastic water mat is a bit transluscent. By placing different color sheets under it, the water chages color. Now I just need to get some green paper.

now that's cool with the plane crash, i didn't know the little plane can look so cute too.

It is a cute little plane. *wub* I was worried that the white would stand out and look too modern, but with the Sea Plane in the Temple Escape, I think it works well.

I just added Scorpion Tracker as the latest addition:

scorpiontracker2.jpg

Also, a list of the official sets at the beginning of the thread. I think it makes a good Jungle Set Reference.

Wow, that's an awesome little car! I really like it, and it looks great here all crashed like that! X-D The spider + web really adds to it too. *y*

~Peace