Thanks everyone. I can never get enough of positive feedback *sweet*
Doctor Sinister, on Jul 12 2007, 10:49 PM, said:
How long does it take to transform?
Quite long actually. You see. The two halves of the roof support each other, but you can only open one up at a time if you are alone, so you have to hold one half while folding up the other and that is quite hard because of the way the pillars are made. I choose that form because I like the slim shape, but it is a problem when transforming. When alone it can up to six minutes. It is really a two man job, so a couple of persons can fold out everything in little about two minutes (there are a lot of locks and hinges).
zouave, on Jul 12 2007, 10:51 PM, said:
I really like the fact that the trailor transforms into a shell station. And then you took the time to add in gadgets. *y* How long did it take you to build all this?
It took 3 full days of building the truck. The trailer took an additional 11 days. (I went to an event with LEGO, so it wasn't 11 days straight)
CF WeaZZel, on Jul 13 2007, 12:15 AM, said:
Wtih the little shop. Although i'm not sure is the shop-owner will be so please with it...especially if he's claustrofobic X-D
This is really an amazing moc. Absolutly terrificly done *wub* *y*
Yeah. It does get a little crowded in there. I think I will have to build a smaller car. The tool rag can be moved to get more space and you can use the lift as well, but at least there are open walls and a high roof to help his claustrophobia.
> hinckley39 and Sinner
I'm never completely happy. If was ever was totally satisfied with a MOC, then I couldn't spend more time building on it and that would make me sad. See? X-D
By the way. Can't you whack someone with the lift? An idea is forming here >:-)
Starwars4J, on Jul 13 2007, 06:36 AM, said:
My only complaint is that it doesn't also transform into Optimus X-D Next version perhaps?
That would be an idea for a truck, but I think there are already some great MOCs out there doing that perfectly. Such as this
Wobo Ihi, on Jul 13 2007, 01:52 PM, said:
Whoa. Maybe I should give you some constructive critisism here, but I can't think of anything. This thing is perfect and very original. And it's good to see a white creation once in a while.
Don't worry about constructive criticism. I can always find lots of things to be improved:
- The cabin on the truck should be spring released (this was a cool effect in the old one)
- The pull-back motor is getting weak and should be replaced (unfortunately I only have one, so this will have to wait. I will see if I can do something else to make it work more easily)
- The function for storing crates in the back is too slow (I have to find a new gearing that fits in)
- the pillars are too weak (A 2x2 design would be better. It doesn't change the looks, but I don't have enough hinges to do this yet)
- There are some hinges at the Shell-logo that are in strange colors (I will have to replace them as well when I get some new bricks)
- The car wash should be pushed a little forwards (This is a result of the compromise between storage space. The crates move all the way back to where the brushes are)