Lego Simpsons, yes or no?

77 replies to this topic

#1 natelite

natelite

• fewer calories than regular nate

Member: 718

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:12 PM

what's everyone's idea of lego simpsons? i dont think it's going to happen since the movie has been released and they weren't even bidding. but i thought it would be a good theme since the simpsons have so many wild adventures, it would be a gold mine in terms of sets. you also have so many versions of bart and homer, like pie man, doughboy, radioactive man, the isotopes (or isotots), bartman, etc. so in terms of buildings and vehicles/machines there are lots that can be done, and lots more characters to be collected. probably, i would say on par with SW except there's little to no army building capacity.

there are probably lots more cons and pros that i didn't think of. so discuss if it might be a good licence.

the best news of all, no FLESH tone mf! they are all yellow! well, most of them anyway.

#2 captaintau

captaintau

• Two Drink Minimum

Member: 525

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:35 PM

I personally wouldn't buy them. I enjoy what little bits I catch of the Simpsons but I'm not an ardent fan. I also struggle to keep up with the sets I want now.

That said, I've said before that LEGO and the Simpsons are a perfect match and I'd say a definate YES.

#3 PocasNuckie

PocasNuckie

Member: 1776

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:36 PM

Yes! Yes! Yes.  *y*  *y*  *y*

Ok. It wouldn't be a great line. I think it would be something along the lines of the Spongebob line (with a lot more power, considering Simpsons is itself, a lot better and popular than Spongebob).

Down, now I am drooling for a Bart Minifig!  :'-)

Pocas

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Three More Mosaics Coming (sometime) Soon!

#4 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:38 PM

1000 times YES !!

I love the comic feel of sets, and SB is brilliant IMO BUT the Simpsons could really make that on a so much fantastic level !!
I have always been a huge simpsons fan and seeing all the great things they can do is just something to drool around  X-D
But I doubt its going to happen but if that does, I'll buy every songle set of that line  >:-)

"Who needs a Kwicky Mart ? I dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"  X-D

D'oh On !!

*yoda*

#5 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:03 PM

Yeah!  *y*
What wonderful Town sets we could get with this....  *wub*
Two houses, a treehouse, a tavern, a school bus, a classroom, a nuclear power plant,
a mansion, a deli, a pink car (chevy?), a monorail....  X-D
Na, too good to be true.

I fear that all we can do is watching them from the distance.... or MOCing them, of course.

#6 larry marak

larry marak

• The Clone Ranger

Member: 946

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:24 PM

[quote name='Asuka' date='Aug 15 2007, 03:03 PM' post='185009']
Yeah!  *y*
What wonderful Town sets we could get with this....  *wub*
Two houses, a treehouse, a tavern, a school bus, a classroom, a nuclear power plant,
a mansion, a deli, a pink car (chevy?), a monorail....  X-D
Na, too good to be true.

I fear that all we can do is watching them from the [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flsx7ccOCB4"]distance[/url].... or MOCing them, of course.
[/quote

Don't forget the Maison Derriere.  Great episode, great songs.

The bomb shelter.

The kwiki mart....we had one in Burbank California for a month as a promotional for the movie.  Sprinklicious donuts, 89 cents apiece.  Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmdrool.

#7 5150 Lego

5150 Lego

• Has a ball of string and isn't afraid to use it

Member: 586

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:56 PM

This would be nice, but it would never happen. The simspons really aren't catered to kids. Anyone that has been watching the episodes, and seen the movie will see that. Thats being said, i don't think there is enough AFOL to make the line sucsessfull.

Myself, i'd by it, but don't thik its a good idea.
Calm down... HAVE SOME DIP!

If at first you don't succeed,........ Then skydiving is not for you!

Check it out! www.emergencybricks.com

#8 Aredhel

Aredhel

• Finally fathoms Wenglish

Member: 490

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:06 PM

Definetely YES!!! There's no better use of yellow minifig heads!!!

LEGO FOR SIMPSONS!!!

and...Simpsons on!!!

-Aredhel
"The man in Black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" (the Dark Tower, Stephen King)

Posted Image

My Flickr

#9 captaintau

captaintau

• Two Drink Minimum

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:20 PM

Given that LEGO traditionally used yellow to represent flesh, does that mean they'd use flesh-toned heads to represent the Simpsons' yellow?

< captaintau, ducking from the barrage of flesh-toned LEGO heads being lobbed his way! >

#10 captaintau

captaintau

• Two Drink Minimum

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:37 PM

Try this

#11 Starwars4J

Starwars4J

Member: 257

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:04 PM

I wouldn't buy them either...I never really got into the Simpsons, Futurama all the way :-D

I also doubt they'll pick it up, not like it would matter to me anyway ;-)  There's just not enough that they could really use for sets, or rather there aren't enough iconic things to make sets of.

I'll also move this to the license forum

#12 trooperdavinfelth

trooperdavinfelth

Member: 1223

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:15 PM

View PostStarwars4J, on Aug 15 2007, 02:04 PM, said:

I wouldn't buy them either...I never really got into the Simpsons, Futurama all the way :-D

I also doubt they'll pick it up, not like it would matter to me anyway ;-)  There's just not enough that they could really use for sets, or rather there aren't enough iconic things to make sets of.

I'm with 4J that I never really got into them nor will it matter to me whether or not they make them. It's a LONG cartoon series. COME ON! IT'S Way to long winded to be anything real. Besides, the whole show makes me :-X .
Join the Clone Commando Pod Republic Commando Clan!
In which users from all over the world join to share their love of Star Wars: Republic Commando!

Join the Clone Army Builders Guild!
In which users from across the globe come together to share their love of Lego Star Wars and MOCing!

For gosh's sakes, people! THEY ARE PRELIMINARY!

On the semi-crappy looking early 2009 sets.

#13 Khorne

Khorne

• I will not torment the emotionally frail - Nevermind

Member: 284

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:16 PM

View PostStarwars4J, on Aug 15 2007, 07:04 PM, said:

Hurray for Futurama :-D ! I think Futurama would even be less of a possibility to see a line of. It's way less known than the Simpsons (over here, I don't know about other places) and it's even more 'adult' than the Simpsons: a lot of swearing, machinegun-wielding-robot-santa killing people( X-D ), Bender the drunk robot... :-(

flickr | brickshelf | Holmgang Wiki

Playing as Eric in Heroica RPG
Posted Image

#14 Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett

Member: 1845

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

That looks like a good idea but the chances to see such sets in our markets is very low...  :'-(

View PostAredhel, on Aug 15 2007, 07:06 PM, said:

Definetely YES!!! There's no better use of yellow minifig heads!!!

LEGO FOR SIMPSONS!!!

and...Simpsons on!!!

-Aredhel
Actually, I don't think they would use the standard Lego heads. The Simpsons character have too different faces for that. They will have to make a special head for each character. A standard Lego head could work for Homer though, since he has no almost no hair but Bart, Lisa or Maggie would be more difficult characters to recreate (a kind of helmet-like wig wouldn't work that good I believe...  :-| ).

#15 Bonaparte

Bonaparte

• Member of the stwnfbjs Club

Member: 822

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:44 PM

I like the Simpsons, but I'm not sure if I'm waiting for the Lego version.
If this would be some kind of variant of town with Homer and Bart figs, then I say yes.
Some houses, shops and cafe's are always welcome.
But I wouldn't really care for the fact that they are from the Simpsons series.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#16 natelite

natelite

• fewer calories than regular nate

Member: 718

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:20 PM

The EF type wigs should work wonders with the simpsons hairdo. There are actually lots of chars on simpsons and lots of places you can make into sets.

And simpson movie isn't rated M either. I think it was pg13. SB sometimes do have adult gags as well. Not quite sure why it made it into lego but if it can, I bet simpsons should work too. :-P

Besides that, like someone else said, futurama, family guy, american dad are way too adult and they have way fewer key characters to be successful themes.

Just on key chars, you have ned flanders and family, Simpson family, the schoolyard kids and family, like nelson and mom, ralph and chief wiggum, milhouse and parents, rev lovejoy and wife, brainy kid - (forgot his name), teacher crabapple, principal skinner and mom, groundskeeper willie, apu and wife and kids, barney and moe, homer's colleagues, etc. way lots to be able to make into successful sets. :-P then you have the martians/aliens, and other strange stuff added in for even more fun and humor.

well, just an idea. or maybe they can just run sw until 2011 and go back to no licensing. :-P

#17 trooperdavinfelth

trooperdavinfelth

Member: 1223

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:53 PM

Yeah, I think if they made them they'd do what they did with Spongebob and Avatar. Btw, nobody said it was rated M. :-/  Btw, M is a video game rating. R I think you mean. ;-)
Join the Clone Commando Pod Republic Commando Clan!
In which users from all over the world join to share their love of Star Wars: Republic Commando!

Join the Clone Army Builders Guild!
In which users from across the globe come together to share their love of Lego Star Wars and MOCing!

For gosh's sakes, people! THEY ARE PRELIMINARY!

On the semi-crappy looking early 2009 sets.

#18 PSPguy

PSPguy

• Didd Captin Crunch

Member: 1102

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:18 PM

Well we would get new faces AND its a=would be a license theme with yellow skin!

#19 iamded

iamded

• Cannot neigh to save his life.

Member: 1225

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:38 AM

It would be neat. SO much possibilities. A Quick-E-Mart would be awesome, I could use a Lego supermarket (saying that, I must mention Keith Goldman's MOC, awesomeness :-D ). A school, too, and a burger place (Krusty Burger), a donut place (Lard Lad's Donuts), why doesn't Lego make fast food sets? So much possibilities, but sadly, not gonna happen. :'-( (That's not a fact though. It's not impossible, just highly improbable [to quote The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy])

Edited by iamded, 16 August 2007 - 01:49 AM.

Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the best fun.

#20 Brainbox

Brainbox

• A real Joe 90

Member: 1092

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:48 PM

Don't forget the Android's Dungeon and Comic Book Guy. He is, quite possibly, my favourite character. I mean, come on, he was written for people like me!
Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery

#21 Serengeti

Serengeti

Member: 1040

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:54 PM

Somewhat related to the Simpsons (Homer, Clancy, Comic BG, Barney) I would love to see an overweight Lego mini-fig, i.e. one with a beer belly.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

MinifigTimes.com    Leaving no brick unturned in the search for scandals

#22 Lord Admiral Helden Ravensdorn

Lord Admiral Helden Ravensdorn

Member: 806

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:58 PM

I'd support it - Certainly be far better then ruttin' Spongebob. *shivers*

#23 Wout

Wout

Member: 1485

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

I don't think it will happen, but I would like it and would buy maybe a set of it.

YellowHeads on! :-)
Duke of Equestria

#24 Joebot

Joebot

• Mayor of Fluxington

Member: 1014

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:57 PM

Sadly, I think the time for a Lego Simpsons theme was ten years ago. The Simpsons hit their peak, in terms of creativity and popularity, back in the mid-90's. The show is almost 20 years old, and it's been on a gradual, creative downslide for a few years now. Getting the license now would be too late.

But that's the cold, logical part of my brain talking. The other shameless fanboy part of my brain says, "I want Kang and Kodos mini-figures right &%$-ing NOW!!!"

"We must move forward, not backward. Upwards, not forwards. And always twirling, twirling, TWIRLING towards freedom!"

#25 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:24 PM

And lets not forget another license I would love: Futurama  *wub*

Sure not as classic as the Simpsons but fantastic nonetheless !! I would way much prefer that than this horrendous Crap Mission we have now  ;-)

Oh well, I feel like Brian Benben right now...

Dream On !!

*yoda*

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users