GRogall

Lego Creator Expert 10234 Sydney Opera House

Today; Lego is presenting the new Creator Expert model at Brickworld in Chicago. And we can now present you with the official press-release!

The famous Australian landmark is the latest structure to be added to LEGO® Creator Expert range.

The set contains nearly 3,000 LEGO bricks, and will launch in September.

The LEGO Group is set to pay homage to one of the greatest buildings of the Twentieth Century when it

debuts a striking new official Sydney Opera House model on 1 September 2013.

The construction skills of LEGO fans from around the world will be put to the test as they recreate

the unmistakable rooflines and complex angled walls of the Opera House using advanced

building techniques and a total of 2,989 LEGO bricks. Scaling 28cm high x 63.5cm wide x 38cm deep,

this authentic representation of the Opera House will even stay true to its iconic harbour surrounds

with the introduction the LEGO Group’s largest blue stud baseplate ever along with an abundance of

dark tan LEGO® bricks

including the rare 1x1x2/3 stud and 1x2x2/3 stud slopes.

The Opera House model joins the LEGO Creator Expert product range, which has previously seen the likes of the Taj Mahal, Eiffel Tower and Tower Bridge immortalised in LEGO® bricks.

10234 Sydney Opera House™

Ages 16+. 2,989 pieces.

a_10234_box_front_1000.jpg

Recreate Australia’s architectural masterpiece!

US $319.99, CDN $379.99, DE 279.99€, UK 249.99 £, DK 2499.00 DKK

Recreate one of the 20th century’s most distinctive buildings with the Sydney Opera House™ model.

Build the unmistakable shell roofline, waterfront forecourt and more with this authentic representation

of Australia’s most iconic building. Employ a variety of new and advancedbuilding techniques to recreate

the complex forms, angled walls and subtle detailing of the real thing! Collect lots of dark tan LEGO®

bricks including the rare 1x1x2/3 stud and 1x2x2/3 stud slopes, as well as a 48x48 stud baseplate

in blue for the very first time!

• Build this model of a UNESCO World Heritage Site!

• Includes hard-to-find dark tan LEGO® bricks, tiles and sloped bricks!

• Collect the 48x48 stud baseplate, available in blue for the very first time!

• Sturdy construction allows the model to be handled and moved!

• Features advanced building techniques for complex forms, angled walls and subtle detailing!

• Measures over 11" high, 25" wideand 15" deep!

The following images link to HR Version +2000.Pxl

b_10234_box_side_500.jpg c_10234_detail_1_500.jpg

d_10234_detail_2_500.jpg e_10234_detail_3_500.jpg

f_10234_detail_4_500.jpg g_10234_detail_5_500.jpg

h_10234_detail_6_1000.jpg

and we also have Ultra HR versions +7500.pxl

b_10234_box_side_500.jpg c_10234_detail_1_500.jpg

d_10234_detail_2_500.jpg e_10234_detail_3_500.jpg

f_10234_detail_4_500.jpg g_10234_detail_5_500.jpg

And also the official designer video with Jamie

and another great model from Lego...........

I better start saving up my vip points for this baby. I absolutely love it especially all the tan bricks and the large blue baseplate. Thanks GRogall for the pics.

Edited by kermit

WOAH BABY THAT IS ABSOLUTELY HOT. :grin:

Really, that place must be really hot. The temperatures in Australia have been getting hotter each Summer, and this is illuatrated to be in the Summer. This set is absolutely lovely- I love the techniques on the "magnificent shell roof line"! :thumbup:

Edited by just2good

WOW. Just WOW. But if its $319US, its going to be over $400 in Australia no doubt :(

Well...it's not the 6000+ piece behemoth that I was anticipating.

However - it is absolutely gorgeous! :grin: Looking at all the pics, who cares how many pieces it consists of, because it looks incredible! Loads of little details, and yet it's also so slick. No doubt this will fit in wonderfully on my shelf next to the Taj Mahal and Tower Bridge. Day 1 purchase please!

Xperts awesome. we're definitely in a gold age. i love this

2 things. This is the best Lego set of the century :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: and GRogall you spelt SYDNEY WRONG. HOW COULD YOU. Sorry rage :blush:

Wow. I am thoroughly impressed. I'm jealous of the people that can afford this, money wise and shelf space wise! $379 is pretty hefty...

My goodness, I need to have this! But this is a model of an Australian building and that don't have the Australian price :wacko:. Oh well, we should find out soon…

WoW! An outstanding set for sure! Looks very realistic this time.

My favorite view of Sidney is coming into to the harbor or airport and seeing this building there to greet you....it just blows you away with its perfect majesty overlooking the harbor.

The base is outstanding in the way its design sweeps you up into the building.

Yup, this one will be parked next to our Taj Mahal!

Wow, this Sydney Opera House set looks spectacular. It looks SO much better than the Architecture set, but of course since there are more pieces, it comes at a price. :wink: I can't wait for more info about this amazing set..

I love everything about this.

But it is so out of reach for me (The money, the space requirement, the fact it will be a LEGO exclusive and therefore I can only purchase it if I ever return to the US.)

Oh. My. Gods.

That is beautiful! :wub: There's no way I can afford that, but, my word it is spectacular, :cry_happy:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Why did you have to release this now Lego? I'm in love with this set but also want to get an Xbox One this Christmas.

Looks like I'll just have to hold out on this set until next year.

Interesting new elements are:

- 48 x 48 Baseplate in blue

- 1 x 1 Cheeseslope in dark tan

- 1 x 2 Cheeseslope in dark tan

- 1 x 3 Tile in dark tan

- 1 x 1 Tile in dark tan (possible)

- 1 x 3 Slope in dark tan

- 1 x 4 Curved slope in dark tan

It's only a shame we weren't allowed to auction it. :grin:

EDIT (16 June):

I checked the model yesterday evening, and what looked like 1 x 1 Tiles in dark tan where actually 1 x 2 Tiles in dark tan. :sad:

Edited by Vincent Kessels

Yeahhhhh! But wow. Look at the size of that thing. I don't thing I have a display case that big.

Edited by Pumpkin Pie

Just when they disappoint me with no UCS Sandcrawler, they redeem themselves with this beauty! What a fantastic model - It is so great to see Jamie so excited about showing it off. Bravo Lego, Bravo.

This is beautiful!! :wub: Much better then i thought it could be! this would look great as a coffee table center piece... if you have a coffee table big enough that is :look:

OMG, Amazing, Absolutely Beautiful, everything I could have hoped for in a LEGO Opera House, I can't wait to get this.

It's an Australian model, yet they don't give us the Australian prices. I bet it will be expensive :cry_sad:

Anyway, it does look amazing though.