Sign in to follow this  
Scouty

Your most prized Pirate Lego Set!

What's your most prized Pirate Lego in your collection? Which one do you value the most? Is it that MISB one? That BlackSeasBarracuda? Show it...right here :capn: .

Here's mine, my Mint In Sealed Bag 1464 Pirate Lookout:

picture_368.jpg

It rests suspended from my shelf, sticking out like a lightbulb in a dark room.

My Black Seas Barracuda I received for free, or my surprisingly mint Caribbean Clipper I got off eBay. I love it all though.

My cousins are lego lovers, and they received a vast amount of Lego for free from a friend. It included a BSB and Caribbean Clipper. I didn't want to be greedy and ask for both, buso I asked if I could have the BSB. They are into certain lego sets as opposed to certain themes, so giving up a BSB wasn't a huge deal to them. They were quite nice about it and we enjoyed looking through all the pieces to build it.

I may one day see if I can get the Caribbean Clipper too... that would allow me to have 2 of them! (I already own a CC)

Here's mine, my Mint In Sealed Bag 1464 Pirate Lookout:

picture_368.jpg

Why is this your most prized Pirate LEGO set?

a soon to be opened bricklinked eldorado fortress

|-/ This isn't a MISB Eldorado Fortress?

wow phes! your lucky the box says thats from 1696 and its still in it's box!

ah and by the way, the eldorado fortress' box is vary damaged, but when i open it i intend to keep the box anyway, so even if i remove it from the holey and damged box it will probably be the same value.

My FI box has at least half of it's backside and the middle of the flap and below has been ripped away. So, I still keep it. MISB MisterPhes...well, it may not be important to you, but I've never had a MISB pirate set, so that makes more specialer.

My Black Seas Barracuda and a Skulls Eye Schooner with boxes/instructions will be my most prized pirate lego sets I guess (not MISB).

My most prized Lego sets are 6277 Imperial Trading Post and 6285 Black Seas Barracuda. Both sealed. But I also like a smaller Lego set such as 6267 Lagoon Lock-Up, 6244 Armada Sentry or a minifig pack like 6251 Pirate Mini Figures. It does not necessarily need to be a huge set for me. Smaller sets can be just as much fun.

Here it is. Not just MISB, it also has shrinkwrap around the whole thing so there is no shelfwear on the BSB box, or even a pricetag sticker. The bonus set was unfortunately crushed a bit in transport due to it having a much weaker box and cause it was sticking out the side. No worries to me though cause the BSB is about as good as it's gonna get. If theres one in better condition anywhere in the world it must be stored in a vacuum with an electromagnetic levitation field so as to not put pressure on any part of the box.

misb.jpg

Here it is. Not just MISB, it also has shrinkwrap around the whole thing so there is no shelfwear on the BSB box, or even a pricetag sticker. The bonus set was unfortunately crushed a bit in transport due to it having a much weaker box and cause it was sticking out the side. No worries to me though cause the BSB is about as good as it's gonna get. If theres one in better condition anywhere in the world it must be stored in a vacuum with an electromagnetic levitation field so as to not put pressure on any part of the box.

misb.jpg

Neat set in very nice box. Too bad about the bonus set, would have been great to see that one in pristine condition also. Never new that this was sold as a value pack together. I was under the impression that allmost every big set went by itself, except I got a 4512 train set that came with 4514, 4515 and 4520 combined in a 65801 value pack.

You must have a will of steel, as I would have opened that set YESTERDAY!

Very nice! I commend you!

Very nice jamtf, master of getting bunches of MISB sets. Do you keep that in a fireproof-bulllet-proof-waterproof-and-everythingproof- safe at night? And keep it in a 10-inch thick glass to protect from bullets during the day? And keep it airtight and sealed? Do you put pressure sensures all around it? 8-|

No MISB's for Willy here, but I have imperial trading post which I love! But most of everything LEGO I buy is off ebay(As in plenty of pirate pieces of non MISB sets) Or I buy starwars sets at the local stores. Yes I am also into star wars!