Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Excalibur Sign Ups

banner.png

The U.E.N. (United Earth Navy) Excalibur is the pride of the United Earth, a federation of nations on the planet of Earth.

The United Earth stemmed from the United Nations, an old committee of sorts where the nations of the world held meetings and discussed various issues. In the late 2020’s, most war and other conflicts by and large ended, bringing about the end of tyrants and dictators in the world. Eventually, following the Great Unification of 2059, in which the amount of countries in the world slipped down to ten, the world was able to unite closer, and get past their differences. In 2064, the United Earth was founded, a loose organization of the remaining eleven nations. The nations were: Great Britain, Russia, China, the European Union, the United States of America, the South American United Nations, Africa, Canada, Japan, India, and Australia. Much of Asia and the Middle East were taken over by Russia and China. Most of the countries in the pacific were absorbed into Australia, Africa was the entire African continent, and the South American United Nations, or SAUN, was composed of all the nations south of the United States. It was clear that the three superpowers of the United Earth were the U.S., China, and Russia, and as a result it was up to them to maintain peace throughout the world.

img_3536.jpg

Prosperity for the new United Earth reigned, and slowly the federation began to tighten. With new laws and legislation being passed at the now global level, the literacy rate and the infrastructures of the world improved drastically. Poverty began to drop dramatically. The global laws were made by the United Earth Council; a member of each nation was chosen to represent their country. This served as the Executive Branch in the Government. The World Court of course stayed in Geneva and served as the judicial branch of government. For once the world was totally at peace with itself.

In 2079, humanity turned to the stars once again, and slowly began a space program. A larger version of the International Space Station was launched, as was a small lunar base and an expedition to establish a base on Mars. Slowly but surely, as time progressed, the United Earth launched their first space navy vessels, designed for defense on the off chance of danger and also a few designed for exploration. Plans for the first large vessel began in 2120.

img_3541.jpg

In 2140, the U.E.N. Excalibur was launched under the command of Captain Ross McTague, and sent out to explore past the known solar system. However, there are those that ardently oppose the exploration past the solar system, and wish for mankind to remain where it is. After all, if we were meant for space and worlds other than ours, we’d be able to survive there without special tools. The movement grew in influence, but remained a small fraction of people on Earth.

Our story takes place in 2141, onboard the U.E.N. Excalibur during one of its first missions...

bannersafe2.png

~~~~~~~

I'm looking for 23 eager and willing players that aren't afraid to blast off to the stars and serve their planet.

Please answer these questions:

1) Mafia History (of course)

2) What is space (in your own words)

3) What is 2 + 2?

If you can answer these to my satisfaction then you'll be in the pool of potential candidates.

And yes, I'm aware of the obvious stereotypes in the "signing" picture. I was inspired by

for some reason.

3) What is 2 + 2?

1. Zepher's Eurodina. I survived to the very end and I died. The halloween massacre one, VOTD, or whatever that was called. :laugh:

2. The 3 dimensions where matter can go.

3. 4

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

Most recently I was in the Yakuza Mafia game, but I've played in five games total, as well as hosted one!

Toughie, the last frontier ( :tongue: ), vast, endless space where matter can go.

3) What is 2 + 2?

Four.

3) What is 2 + 2?

1) Played 2 mafia Schoold (Witchbreed and Bedtime)and probably had of of the, if not the, shortest mafia game in the just-over Jedi Temple mafia (this probably should not count though as I got to play for a little over 37 seconds!).

2) I'm goign to assume we are talking about the cosmos here and say that it is an infinite expanse of "space" (boundless tri-axial area)populated by stars, solar systems and most likely other civilizations. TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!!!!

3) 4

This sounds like a cool idea!

1. Let's see here....scum(win-Western), town(Roman Mafia), town (win-Hinckley's a witch), scum (win-Nobody in Blutziegel), scum (lost-Some bear in some forest game), town (lost-It was Pelly's fault, really), scum (win).

2. Space is everything. It's also really big. Really, really big. It's so vastly hugely mindboggingly big. It's our future, but it's also our home (albeit a very, very big home). It's amazing how chock full of stuff space is. Space is exciting.

3. Uh....uhhhhhhh....come on, Scouty, it's not rocket science! What is it!? WHAT IS IT!? What am I looking for in the question of 2 + 2. Oh! Why it's very simple. It's the docking system equation, of course! The "2's" represent the spacecraft while the "+" is the symbol necessary to dock the two spacecraft! So, when docked, the answer is clearly 22! No, not quite. Combined, the two make a new spacecraft. Let's call it 4. Yes, I think I got it. It is clearly 4!

This mafia sounds like a lot of fun!

1.) I was in MOTEE (survived until the end), Ditalini MM (died in chapter 3), Noir Mafia (died in chapter 2), Imperial Soldier's Mafia (died along with the other survivors at the end) and EBRP (discontinued).

2.) Space is our future. There is simply nowhere else to go but up.

3.) 5 - all it takes is a bit of imagination! :tongue:

This mafia sounds like a lot of fun!

1.) I was in MOTEE (survived until the end), Ditalini MM (died in chapter 3), Noir Mafia (died in chapter 2), Imperial Soldier's Mafia (died along with the other survivors at the end) and EBRP (discontinued).

2.) Space is our future. There is simply nowhere else to go but up.

3.) 5 - all it takes is a bit of imagination! :tongue:

Where the heck did you come from? You haven't been on the Mafia/Mystery Games forums in a super long time.

Sounds interesting, I haven't played a mafia game on here in awhile.

1) I've done the Halloween bloodbath, the Fabuland, Dr. BloodBrick's asylum and the Eurodina game. I died relatively early in all, save the VOBD where I made it to the end, but the Townies overran us.

2) Space? Well, it's everything. The bit of nothingness between two people as they stand, or the distance between a starship and earth. It contains everything and continues to expand, and maybe affect the speed of time. It also is a big bar on the nav computer keyboards. I think that one is the best answer, the last one.

3) 2x2 is a song- oh you meant 2 PLUS 2.... well, that's easy. That's uh... well, I see everybody says it's four here, so I say four. But really, who really thinks it is four? It could be 22, or 8, or anything. It all is based on perception, and your view of reality.

1) Mafia History (of course) - I participated in the Witchbreed Mafia School, where I died Night One :sweet:, and I also participated in the recent Jedi Temple Mafia where I survived until Day Six, when I was lynched :hmpf_bad:

2) What is space (in your own words) - Its made up of three dimensions (I think), that's all I know (I think) :tongue:

3) What is 2 + 2? Um... 4.

Where the heck did you come from? You haven't been on the Mafia/Mystery Games forums in a super long time.

I know! :blush: Work and other hobbies got in the way of my Lego building for at least half a year, so I wasn't even able to build, let alone log many hours on the site. I've got some time off over the summer though, which means plenty of time for Eurobricks games! :sweet:

Good luck on the game! I have no time to participate these days, but I'll check in every few days from the sidelines :thumbup:

*looks around and raises hand slowly*

I think I've played some Mafia somewhere along the line. At least the FBI seem to think so, they're outside my house... :look:

Spaaaaaaaaace!! Want to go to SPAAAAAAAACE!!

I believe the answer you are looking for is 42. It's the answer to everything, you know.

1. I played in Sandy's Bedtime Story: Mafia School and won as scum and then played in Masked Builder's Jedi Temple Mafia and lost as town.

2. Space is a vast expanse of nothingness containing a whole lot of somethingness. Space could also be a roomy-less car, if a "Wagon" comes after it.

3. 2 + 2 = 8 / 2 = 4 * 1 = 8 - 4 = etc.

I'm afraid of blasting off into the stars, :blush: I guess I'll be on the scum team trying to prevent it from happening. :sweet:

Ooh, this looks splendid. :wub:

1. My entire mafia history can be found here on my profile. I've played in eight games to date.

2. Hrm, that's difficult. Something as abstract as space can't easily be summed up in a few words. Nevertheless, I'll give it my best shot. :grin: Space is a seemingly endless expanse of matter (or lack of matter - can't remember which it was, if either :tongue:) that contains billions of stars, planets, and other large chunks of rock that hopefully don't support hostile life. :look:

3. Four, obviously. Unless this is a trick question and you're looking for a specific answer. In that case, it's whatever you want it to be... :look:

I know you're not technically asking this question, but I think I should make it known anyways that I'm currently on vacation with limited internet usage. I'll still be able to post in each day thread, but I won't be able to be as obnoxiously active as usual. :grin:

This looks nice. I'm going to try and sign for the expedition. :sweet:

1. In mafia school I did quite well, until MetroID and WBD pulled me into a beartrap. Gotham lead to frustration and def dismantling our whole team, at least I got to throw a pie at someone. In the recent Jedi Temple I was dueced by Tammo and we lost, again.

2. Space is when you have leg-room in the car.

3. The answer depends on what you mean by '2', it could be anything. '2' could easily be an anagram of 'tow', which is a homophone of 'toe'. So 'toe'+'toe' equals foot. But I'll probably say '42' because that is what Dragonator said, '42' also happens to be the meaning of life, so there's a bonus.

3) What is 2 + 2?

1. Cirque du frigue, gotham mafia and Jedi temple mafia

2. Very big, so big that we can't find any other life. Also space is dangerous, it can kill people.

3. 4

Edited by Jedi master Brick

1) Dystopia, Eurodina, Hogwarts, Red Scare, Werewolf, Baritones 3, Bloodbricks 2, Suburbia, Gotham, Imhotep, Yakuza, Steampunk.

2) A place where nobody can hear you scream the final frontier Why 'in my own words'? :sad: In any case, space = volume.

3) <Insert witty answer that gets me into the game here> Failing that, probably 4.

Really nice backstory by the way. :thumbup:

1: Played Charming in Sandy's A Bedtime Story, and Voolif Monn in MB's and K-Nut's Jedi Temple.

2: Space: Everything, yet nothing.

3: 4. Four. Vier. Quatro. You pick.

Edited by JackJonespaw

1. Lost, but played well as Good Guy Cop Red Riding Hood in Mafia School: A Bedtime Story

Got totally duped and played like an idiot in Masked's Jedi Temple Mafia

2. That thing Palkia controls

3. 37, duh!

Looks like you've put a large amount of effort into the background story, I like it. Well, I've got a lot of free time and I need to play mafia, and you were right, it really doesn't seem to be very space opera-like. In fact, the setting sounds pretty cool. :sweet:

1) I've played a total of 9 games up to now, beginning with Eurodina and ending with Jedi Temple. You can have a look at all of them in my profile (except for Jedi Temple, which I'm going to update soon). I've survived none of them.

2) Space. Hard to describe. It's big, and similar to water, just three-dimensional and entirely different. Full of stars, and I think, it's full of radiation, too, from all them stars. And it's got lots of other stuff in it. It's pretty messy. And it's space-y, too.

3) That's hard. Huh. Should have read 1984 about that one, I guess. I didn't do so, though, so I'll just go on and say 4.

banner.png

:excited:

This is going to be a blast! Whooo!

1. From my profile:

I died as Donna Falcon, an innocent, stupid, 50 year old human resources consultant in Hinckley's Red Moon, 1 and 2!

Died as Mrs. Julia Montgomery, wife of Jack, mother of Jeremy, and Owner of Local Pet Store in your Suburbia

Previously livin' the good life as Daniel de Belle-ville, international playboy, in Belville Mafia!

Formerly playing as Gavin Gorilla, a townie in Hinkley's Mafia School: Fabuland Housewives

Also, Louis Inglston, a Gas store worker, and insane rhyming Serial Killer,

And winner in Darth_Legois and Bob the Construction Man's Prohibition Mafia. (<-- Still my favorite, cause it's still the only one I've won :blush: )

also, I was in the Jedi Temple Mafia as the Vanilla Ki-Adi-Mundi and almost made it, but I trusted the wrong person (Coryn :look::blush: ) and we lost. :cry_sad:

B. I get the feeling you want to hear... "the final frontier..." Am I right? :sweet: I could also say that it is an illusion created through the use of light and dark elements in art. :wink:

III. 5, or so says the ministry of truth. :wink: and we would never think anything other than what the ministry of truth says, now would we?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

1. My mafia school was Cirque De Freak hosted by Badboy in which I got killed night two as a scum blocker. I then was in Gotham and won as Town vigilante Killer Croc. I then was in Yakuza where I got lynched for something in the C&D topic, while still managing to screw over Tammo. (You know this as you were in my scum team) I then was a SK turned Scum Killer in Gotham where I got mod killed for twice not voting ( family pulling me off to wales).

2 Space is a place where no one can hear you scream.

3 . 22

Ready to beam up!

Mafia history:

I have been lucky enough to take part in Eurodina, Werewolf, The Forest, Belleville, The Baritones 3, Prison Riot!, the Curse of Imhotep and Steampunk.

Space:

The final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Excalibur. Her five week mission: to explore strange new roles, to seek out the scum and the lazy players, to boldly claim what no townie has claimed before!

2+2:

There... are... four... lights!

B. I get the feeling you want to hear... "the final frontier..."

:blush:

This seems like an interesting premise Bob; I look forward to seeing how it plays out.

I have graduated from “Mafia School: Fabuland House Wives”, I played in “The Coming Darkness”, and I just recently won in “Jedi Temple Mafia”.

Space is any period of time in which one has no scheduled activities, and is best used to play mafia games.

3) What is 2 + 2?

A problem.