THERIZE

Need help, RC motors going crazy

Hi guys

I was experimenting with my RC motors (I don't have power functions yet) and well, the motors are going crazy. I saw a topic mentioning putting 2 motors under one baseplate that whould be impossible as the motors would work against each other. But if im putting 2 wires on the battery box the motor that is connected to the top wire is driving backwards! Does someone know what is happening?

what do you mean with RC motors? the black technic ones? if you're talking about them the solution is simple, you have to be sure tha the cable is connected right on the motor:

-keep out the motors

-place them near and on the same position (all two with the long part in the same direction. ex those are opposed position)

12.jpg

-connect the extension wire with the wire in the same direction (all that goes right, left up, is indifferent)

-make a try, motors run in opposed directions?

-unplug one wire, plug in 180 degree rotated

this procedure (if I've explained it well) works with every 9V connector, because the can be plugged in 4 different positions, opposed positions have reverse polarity

Edited by PKW

what do you mean with RC motors? the black technic ones? if you're talking about them the solution is simple, you have to be sure tha the cable is connected right on the motor:

-keep out the motors

-place them near and on the same position (all two with the long part in the same direction. ex those are opposed position)

12.jpg

-connect the extension wire with the wire in the same direction (all that goes right, left up, is indifferent)

-make a try, motors run in opposed directions?

-unplug one wire, plug in 180 degree rotated

this procedure (if I've explained it well) works with every 9V connector, because the can be plugged in 4 different positions, opposed positions have reverse polarity

ooh no, i mean the old train motors. The ones that replaced 9V and were replaced by PF. Those ones with the old giant batteryboxes.

Search through this forum, it's been explained in detail a few times.

Option 1: turn one motor around, tricky to route the wire.

Option 2: polarity switch between battery and one of the motors.

ooh no, i mean the old train motors. The ones that replaced 9V and were replaced by PF. Those ones with the old giant batteryboxes.

Ok, ad said you can sue the dame procedure with that motor, or follow Duq suggestions

If the motor is using the 2x2 black technic electrical connections shouldn't you just be able to turn the cable around on one of the motors so the polarity is reversed?

If the motor is using the 2x2 black technic electrical connections shouldn't you just be able to turn the cable around on one of the motors so the polarity is reversed?

With the RC baseplate with IR receiver and battery box, as you say the polarity of one motor can be reversed just by reversing the connection of that motor. Since you need an extension wire (or a single longer wire) for the second motor anyway, this turns out to be easy.