Blake Baer

MOC: Hurricane Irene

indexed.gif B-RV-6D

Hello all!

With the huge contest on MOCpages going on now, my first entry depicts the recent Hurricane Irene in the category of wind. Please feel free to check out the MOCpage/flickr for more pics. Pics link to MOCpages.

f0qe78.jpg30kpr0m.jpg

2dcagxc.jpg

Also a link to the flickr stream. Hurricane Irene

Thank you all!

C&C very welcome!

~Blake

Wow. Some great details here - the damage to the house looks very realistic, and I love the trees and the waves crushing onto the shore. A very good idea to place the house at an angle, too. Very well done!

The trees are just simply AWESOME, and the badly damaged house is very good too.....and a stop sign still standing....very real indeed. :thumbup:

If I did Darwin 1974 a pile of bricks is all I need.....most of the city was totalled, Mother-Nature can still prove to be more destructive than us humans....though sadly we try and keep trying. :sadnew:

Brick On. :sadnew:

The way you built the trees it´s incredible and gives this MOC a very dynamic impression ! :thumbup:

the waves reaching the shore are also great and the destroyed house completes this MOC.

Very good job and good luck for the contest :wink:

Edited by migbarroso

Stunning work! Everything from the windswept palms to the waves crashing on the sides! Great work, very realistic! Well done!

I can almost feel the wind looking at this one, thanks to the great posing of the trees. Good luck in the competion :sweet:.

I can almost feel the wind looking at this one,

I have the same sentiments, this is the perfect example of capturing motion in stills. Excellent work! :thumbup:

This is really a very well done detailed MOC 'Blake Baer'. You did a fantastic job recreating a scene of destruction. I love the rough water and the wind blown trees. Great job default_classic.gif

I am really impressed with this MOC, the waves crashing up look really good, I can't imagine the time it took stacking all those studs, but it really posts off as it gives a darker color to a clear piece, very realistic looking. I also love how you did your palm trees, they look very accurate and proportionally, they look great.

Very nice MOC.

Wow I think this is probably the best 'action' scene I've seen ...

Really fantastic work at capturing the 'wind' :laugh:

I also particularly like the layers of trans clear over the blue - makes it really look like surf.

Well done! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Very nice model.

Are the shifting colours on the roof a result of highlighted reflections in the ABS, or did you paint them?

They are the result of rather poor lighting and rather ineffective photoshop:).

Also does anybody know what the little "Indexed" title up on the original post means? I'm still sorta new here.,

Also does anybody know what the little "Indexed" title up on the original post means? I'm still sorta new here.,

It means one of the moderators has added this thread to the Moc index, to allow it to be easily found in the future.

Blake, this is fascinating scene! I do not know where to start, unfortunately flickr currently gives me a timeout so I can't admire more pictures!

Where to start? ALright, the palm trees! they are simply great. How you achieved this dynamic look is stunning. The way the dry leaves are realized with the dark-tan bushes is wonderful!

The details on the power-supply!

... and of course the waves! ure movement!

I also like the fact that the seawall is not entirely closed, i.e. the tiles are not flush. So it gives an effect of the sheer power of the water!

fW