Sign in to follow this  
samthelegoman1

MOC: County Bikes Motorcycle Shop

indexed.gif B-OV-13C

The County Bikes Motorcycle Shop is a building I built for Arealight's Motorcycle contest but with a few adjustments, is now a shop in my layout!

County Bikes is a motorcyle store in Albany, New York. Founded in 1978, the shop sells brand name bikes that are shipped from County Bikes Storage, also in Albany.

2722312305_c65cbd3b3b.jpg

Here is the front, with some customers outside talking about stuff.

2723063862_03b3bd187f.jpg

Here are some Bikes on sale.

2723063850_ecd1301e57.jpg

The owner, James Rod Smithy stands behind the desk as a clerk while...

2722211651_00334aa48e.jpg

His son, Rudolph (or Rad Rudy as his friends call him)works in the back, repairing bikes.

2722211681_51ccd03484.jpg

Some customers look at bikes.

A neat and functional shop in a nice color scheme. I like those cool biker characters in front of the shop too.

a really nice shop ! it s approximately what I wanted to make when I did my garage vignette ^^ but it turned a really different way...

Oh! that brick-built bike is amazing !

A very nice MOC, samthelegoman1! :thumbup:

This looks very nice and authentic! I even like it how you added the stickers so that it looks much more detailed and realistic.

When I saw the first pic which is a bit dark I immediately thought about some dubious figures selling something in front of the shop. :laugh:

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

I love it! What's great about this MOC is the smaller sized building. Lego should offer a small collection of little shops like this. They would be fairly easy builds, but nicely detailed, and offer a lot of playability. Great job! I'd like that little WWII Indy motorcycle at 50% off please.

Let's see, does the shop buy old cycles as well?

dsc00035.jpg

Thanks everyone. I actually had the color scheme from the church in Town Plan. I broke it and thought- what to do with these pieces? I decided to make a shop of some sort. I knew that the set didn't come with many same color pieces, so I had to use a lot windows. I heard of the Arealight Motorcycle contest on Kaminoan's and entered it. I won 3rd place! :grin:

I eventually broke it :hmpf_bad: and am now turning it into a modular town building (compatible with CC,GG, and MS).

I love it! What's great about this MOC is the smaller sized building. Lego should offer a small collection of little shops like this. They would be fairly easy builds, but nicely detailed, and offer a lot of playability.

This is a great little shop Sam. I like Rad Rudy with his welder and welders helmut. Nice details!

I agree Brickster, if LEGO offered some small town sets like this, they would probably sell like hotcakes!

Thats a great bike shop samthelegoman1! especially the colour scheme. Oh and captain green hair I see that the bush in that picture has legs!