Tumbler, Bat Pod & The Bat - Movie Accurate 2 Seaters

Now a Lego Cuusoo Project! :laugh: Please Support by voting at:

Tumbler & Bat Pod LEGO Ideas Page

The Bat LEGO Ideas Page

tumble13.jpg

14072481216_806b36c240_z.jpg

Updated the Cover image for my Cuusoo Page to include the Minifigs

charac10.jpg

Added the Minifigures that can be included with the set, designed to be movie accurate of course.From Left to Right: Lt. James Gordon, Henri Ducard, Batman Begins Suit, Ra's al Ghul, Joker, Scarecrow & Two Face

13909009310_384296b040_z.jpg

From Left to Right: Selina Kyle, Dark Knight Suit, Lucius Fox, Merinda Tate & John Blake

12713605835_1f2f45aaa4_z.jpg

These are my renditions of the Tumbler, Bat Pod & The Bat reproduce with lego bricks in 2 seaters minifig scale and staying as close to the original movie design as best I can.It was great challenge building a movie accurate Tumbler as many of the surfaces are angled, not particularly easy with lego bricks that generally connects at right angle. It was even more challenging to build a movie accurate Bat Pod in minifig scale, as the original vehicle was designed to fit a normal human proportion!Tumbler measures at 19cm(L) x 12cm(W)Bat Pod measures at 16cm(L) x 4cm(W)The Bat measures about 31cm(L)x20cm(W)x13cm(H)12714101955_476169a325_z.jpg

This is by far the hardest to build among all 3 Dark Knight vehicles due to its front heavy structure and angular design, not to mention overly complicated flaps and rudders system.

12714255704_6f8e362b02_z.jpg

12714104265_5195bb3e6c_z.jpg

The interior of Tumbler & The Bat fits 2 minifigs sitting upright.

12714262924_347c72e868_z.jpg

12714266424_374bf254e5_z.jpg

12714099955_a9b442bbfc_z.jpg

Original vehicles designs and proportions recreated in minifig scale.

12714265594_6f8d1fae27_z.jpg

12713982703_f005bcd8ea_z.jpg

12714562754_e51c5a1cc1_z.jpg

Every vehicles details faithfully replicated and all flaps movable.

12713977593_aca54e93c3_z.jpg

12714273224_1e9e844763_z.jpg

Bat Pod comes with an EMP Gun holder and the wheels rotates.

12714560864_4c4c833596_z.jpg

Details of the underside, with rotatable rotors and movable flaps.Thanks for viewing, please help support the project! :thumbup::sweet::thumbup:

Tumbler & Bat Pod LEGO Ideas Page

The Bat LEGO Ideas Page

Edited by woon_tze

You really pay attention to detail, excellent work! The tumbler is definitely my favorite out of the three, I will be supporting it shortly. :classic:

Thanks guys for the compliments, I'm glad you like it. We definitely need Lego to release a more movie accurate tumbler, so please help to spread the words :) I'm also working on the minifig design right now, hopefully I can post them up soon! Cheers!

These look great!

I highly doubt LEGO would ever release any of these again since the Nolan movies are over. However, I'd love to own copies of these. I'll have to see if I can retro-build these from the pictures you provided!

Keep up the great work.

Awesome - but isn't the pearl gold a bit too prominent? Otherwise, excellent design work

Yes you may be right, but that's the only gold color I manage to find from Lego in those pieces, I do agree that the original color tends to be less saturated.

These are all fantastic Mocs!

Thank you!

I really like the little gold/bronze pieces mixed in there! The tumbler is tuff to MOC, and I've seen some UG-LY ones in my time but yours is vary well crafted and probably stands a good shot at cuusoo. :thumbup:

I really like the little gold/bronze pieces mixed in there! The tumbler is tuff to MOC, and I've seen some UG-LY ones in my time but yours is vary well crafted and probably stands a good shot at cuusoo. :thumbup:

thanks for the support!

I love the Bat. Looks just like it! While I think your Tumbler might be the best LEGO Tumbler that I've probably ever seen, I'm also not digging the gold. I would've left the gold out of the plate 1X1 w. up right holder parts in the back and just made them black. Other than that, I want!

I love the Bat. Looks just like it! While I think your Tumbler might be the best LEGO Tumbler that I've probably ever seen, I'm also not digging the gold. I would've left the gold out of the plate 1X1 w. up right holder parts in the back and just made them black. Other than that, I want!

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it! Glad you like it, don't forget to support it at Cuusoo! ;)

Probably the best Tumbler I have seen. I do like the gold as a means to break it up a little bit and give it more depth from further away. A nice dark gray might do the same trick and fit in better with the overall design. Either way I have supported it as it is just great!

Probably the best Tumbler I have seen. I do like the gold as a means to break it up a little bit and give it more depth from further away. A nice dark gray might do the same trick and fit in better with the overall design. Either way I have supported it as it is just great!

Thanks for the comments and support! Personally I prefer to keep the gold, but I'll have to agree with others that it is a little too saturated when compared to the original vehicle, unfortunately it is the only gold tone available for those pieces at the moment. Substituting it with brown/dark grey/black just doesn't quite seems right for me, as the original vehicle does have the gold tone to accentuate. Unless TLG decide to give us another tone of gold, I guess these just have to do for now. Nevertheless I appreciate all comments and suggestions! Cheers! :)

Beautiful vehicles, and the added minifigs are super nice. Love that joker...r

Beautiful vehicles, and the added minifigs are super nice. Love that joker...r

Absolutely outstanding minifigures! Well done. :grin:

Thanks guys for the compliments! Feel free to support this Cuusoo project :)