KimT

Epic Scenes Contest Rules & Discussion

Epic Scenes Contest

gallery_101_97_33624.jpg

There's 3 categories to participate in:

Small Vignette:

• Build a 16x16 vignette
  • Custom minifigs and accessories allowed (Brickforge, Brickarms and so forth).
  • Entry has to be a new MOC.
  • Entry must be Star Wars themed
  • No clone brand parts (megablocks, blocko and so forth).

Medium Vignette:

• Build a 32x32 vignette

Large Vignette:

• Build a 48x48 vignette

General rules:

• Only one entry per member per category.
  • Entrants must have joined before 1st of June 2010
  • Entries must have at least one deeplinked picture
  • Max 5 pictures from different angles
  • Each entry must include a description/explanaition of the Epic Scene depicted.
  • Please include a link to off-site folder with more pics or higher resolution pictures (optional).
  • Max picture resolution is 800x600.
  • 'Real' entries only - no digital entries.
  • If entry uses 'SNOT', then it's allowed to be a little wider than the category states. Please include one pic with a baseplate for measurement.
  • A "limited" amount of overhang is allowed - no UCS scale Death Star on a 16x16 Vignette though :laugh:
  • Not a must, but it might be an idea to include a link to a video clip of the scene depicted in one's entry.

Contest ends on 30th of June 2010 at 2100 CET.

• Entries posted after the deadline are disqualified.
  • Entries that doesn't live up to the rules after the deadline are disqualified.
  • All entries will be indexed - this does not mean they are qualified or 'good' enough.
  • All entries will be looked over and requirements to comply with the rules will be posted in the entry's topic.
  • All entries are considered WIP's (work in progress). An entry can be changed as many times as the poster wishes before the deadline.
  • All entries are to be posted as individual topics in 'Watto's Junkyard' with the following in the topic's subtitle: "Epic Scenes followed by category Small or Medium or Large"
  • When the deadline has been reached a vote topic for the qualified entries will be made.
  • More on the vote rules when that time comes.
  • Comments and suggestions on entries are more than welcome.

What are the prizes?

Well there's at least on EB stormie up for each category's winner.

And we'll dig in and see what we can find for 2nd and 3rd place.

We've got quite a stash of polybags and stuff like that lined up.

Plus the main thing is to be able to say "I won" :grin:

We promise prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in all three categories.

Only 1st prize winners will also win the "Star Wars Contest Winner"-tag.

Check the EB Stormie here

Edited by KimT
rules elaborated

Wow! :cry_happy:

Good idea, if not a classic one, for a contest! I better get planning!

Yeah a Star Wars contest. This one is really great.

the scene has to be from the 6 movies, right?

Nope.

All Star Wars is welcome.

Eventhough it says "Epic Scenes", then it's still allowed to do other scenes.

For example from Expanded Universe and stuff like that.

The trouble might be that it (the entry) is liable to fewer votes, the less 'epic' it is.

Totally doing this. I just hope nobody else has my same idea.

No worries.

Only you can do it exactly like you would :grin:

And similar scene entries are allowed.

Crickey has anyone got a hi-res version of the movies-picture at the top? how awesome...!!

I think I am going to make this my first contest that I have entered :classic:

That's good to hear.

Remeber that if you need feedback and stuff like that on your entry, then all entries are considered WIP (WorkInProgress) until the deadline where the entry will be "locked".

is there any vertical size limit?

Nope.

This is going to be sweet! :skull:. Just one question: Where do we post our entries or is that "coming soon"?

Entries are to be posted here in "Watto's Junkyard" - have a look around this sub-forum and you'll get the idea.

Plus there's info in the first post on what to put in your entry's "subtitle" when posting it.

This sounds as though it can depict any scene or even currently existing in the SW universe (films, animation, comics, novels, etc). Or can original scenes be used?

Also, are all scales allowed?

TPM

This sounds as though it can depict any scene or even currently existing in the SW universe (films, animation, comics, novels, etc). Or can original scenes be used?

Also, are all scales allowed?

TPM

Anything goes - as long as it is Star Wars.

Even the ever spoken about "Death of Ashoka" can be entered.

And yes all scales are allowed.

Build micro, build mini, build midi, build system, build UCS or build out of scale - it's all good.

Does the entry have to be the required size for the category? Or can it be a tad sorter. Like 32x26 instead of 32x32.

Great and simple contest I'll probably enter. :thumbup:

Does the entry have to be the required size for the category? Or can it be a tad sorter. Like 32x26 instead of 32x32.

Great and simple contest I'll probably enter. :thumbup:

Yes the entry has to be 16x16, 32x32 or 48x48.

Unless you're making a SNOT baseplates in which case a little "overhang" is allowed since the brick to plate ratio is 5:6 and it is therefore a little difficult to hit exactly 16, 32 or 48 studs in width.

Perhaps in a future vig contest we might consider a no baseplate size rule, but not this time though.

:classic:

Hm, not the most original contest, but at least it's very open to what you can do. I don't think I'll have the time to enter this one, but the possibility of making a Fate of Ahsoka vignette does sound tempting. :tongue: Maybe I'll throw a lil' somethin' together.

What the hell? *huh*

Not original :laugh:

You guys have been pestering me about building all sorts of things and now I ask you to put it on a baseplate and you still moan?! :laugh: :laugh:

:wink:

I must say I have to eneter this contest.

Alot of creativity and what ever I want in the moc as long as its starwars. I'm in:thumbup:

Yes the entry has to be 16x16, 32x32 or 48x48.

Unless you're making a SNOT baseplates in which case a little "overhang" is allowed since the brick to plate ratio is 5:6 and it is therefore a little difficult to hit exactly 16, 32 or 48 studs in width.

Perhaps in a future vig contest we might consider a no baseplate size rule, but not this time though.

:classic:

What! No extra large scale? :grin:

AC

What the hell? *huh*

Not original :laugh:

You guys have been pestering me about building all sorts of things and now I ask you to put it on a baseplate and you still moan?! :laugh: :laugh:

Who's moaning? :tongue: I'm just saying that after all the contest ideas I have proposed, this contest has a surprising lack of "new twist". Not that that's a bad thing though. :wink:

Who's moaning? :tongue: I'm just saying that after all the contest ideas I have proposed, this contest has a surprising lack of "new twist". Not that that's a bad thing though. :wink:

Maybe they're saving all those awesome ideas for a later time.

May we do a spin on a movie scene, not something that is explicitly depicted in the movies?