Brick Miner

Graphic Designers Wanted !

Hi EBer's - I need some colleagues to join me in Billund :)

http://jobsatlego.com/dk/billund/product-design_-development/jobid2480438-graphic-designer-product-graphics-jobs

Graphic Designer - product graphics

Do you have a keen interest in the LEGO Group’s products, toys and cartoons? And would you like to be part of the team responsible for creating the product graphics on all LEGO models including minifigures, decorations and labels from start to finish? If so, then the Graphic Designer position is probably what you are looking for.

We are looking for graphic designers to work for Preschool themes and boys themes 6-10 years of age.

You will take part in the development of graphics for one or more product lines and you will join a group of 20 dedicated graphic designers in Billund, Denmark, in the heart of the organisation where all LEGO Models sold worldwide are created.

Develop our future design

As Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for developing labels and decorations for models from ideation to final technical drawings. You will be in charge of creating all graphic work in vector format and finalising it for production. Furthermore, you will ensure your graphic work is converted to textures to use in Maya. Another important aspect of your daily work is to eagerly maintain the LEGO Group's graphic identity.

In addition, you will contribute with visualisation drawings of your and others’ ideas at a highly professional level in connection with concept development work a couple of times each year. Throughout the development of graphic work, you work in close cooperation with a vast variety of departments with many different stakeholders being creative leaders and model designers as well as project managers, project supporters, etc.

Enthusiastic team player with excellent freehand sketching skills

You are an experienced illustrator and master several, different styles both with your excellent freehand sketching and professional rendering skills. Also, you are an experienced user of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Joining our team, it is essential that you are a team player as you’ll be seated in an open project environment, and you are able to work independently and manage your own time. You thrive in an informal, innovative and international environment where you will meet lots of variety in your daily work which is also why we need a good combination of a creative and technical mindset. As you will be working in an international environment, spoken and written English is a prerequisite.

Do you have a keen interest in the LEGO Group’s products, toys and cartoons? And would you like to be part of the team responsibility for developing the graphics on our models, minifigures, decorations and labels from start to finish?

If so, then the Graphic Designer position in Billund, Denmark is probably what you are looking for. Check out LEGO.com and are you interested then feel free to apply as soon as possible.

http://jobsatlego.com/dk/billund/product-design_-development/jobid2480438-graphic-designer-product-graphics-jobs

Hi Brick Miner and Kim Thomsen,

I am a recent graduate from Kutztown University of Pennsylvania with a concentration in Advertising Design and Illustration and I am really interested in this position. I'm aware of moving and I am considering it. Can you please give me more information on what is needed to apply? I see that vector work is needed and a portfolio needs to be sent but how does the company want it? I have an online portfolio that I can show but if the company wants something more personal what should I show? And how? Through mail? Email? Plus do you want anything LEGO related to show? I have sketches and quick designs but do they want anything more finalized? All of this I can present or get ready to but I just need some help first. Thank you guys for posting this information, this is really exciting! :sweet:

-Austin Carlson

Most portfolios are not LEGO-centric. Though mine was. Maybe you should look through mine:

http://www.justinbleep.com/dropbox/LEGO_app/justin_carmien_PORTFOLIO_01.pdf

http://www.justinbleep.com/dropbox/LEGO_app/justin_carmien_PORTFOLIO_02.pdf

One thing. I know a few here who would enjoy seeing the process of a design - from concepts (sketches, whatever) to finished artwork (vector / print ready). Maybe a team logo design would be nice to see (think along the lines of the Dinos "D" in barbed wire or the new forest firefighters logo.)

Another. Those same few would really enjoy seeing drawings of minifigures. We really love the LEGO minifigure in the graphic design team. They are our babies :cry_happy:

Brickminer

I have seen on the jobs at lego website a trainer position with Legoeducation in Billund. I am a qualified teacher and really keen on this position but need some info about life 'outside of Lego' in Billund, so that I can give my wife and kids some more information to go on rather than just the job description. Can you help or is there anywhere you can point me for more info?

Thanks for your time.

Brickminer

I have seen on the jobs at lego website a trainer position with Legoeducation in Billund. I am a qualified teacher and really keen on this position but need some info about life 'outside of Lego' in Billund, so that I can give my wife and kids some more information to go on rather than just the job description. Can you help or is there anywhere you can point me for more info?

Thanks for your time.

VisitBillund

Hi Eurobricks members,

does anyone know, if it´s possible to work as freelance illustrator for Lego from another location than Billund.

I love Lego since my early childhood and would like to apply but I´m not in the position to move away from germany (house, kids, family etc.)

I have nothing Lego related in may portfolio yet, but a few years of experience in the computer games industrie and good skills in texturing and Autodesk Maya.

And I would love to make some new Lego related portfolio pieces if I had the chance to work for Lego.

Any information would be very interessting for me.

many greetings

Hi Eurobricks members,

does anyone know, if it´s possible to work as freelance illustrator for Lego from another location than Billund.

I love Lego since my early childhood and would like to apply but I´m not in the position to move away from germany (house, kids, family etc.)

I have nothing Lego related in may portfolio yet, but a few years of experience in the computer games industrie and good skills in texturing and Autodesk Maya.

And I would love to make some new Lego related portfolio pieces if I had the chance to work for Lego.

Any information would be very interessting for me.

many greetings

Hi!

I´m glad you´re excited about this :sweet:! But for all your questions - please direct them to TLG as mentioned in the text, they know all this stuff and we don´t! Good luck :thumbup:!

Thank you for your fast reply, CopMike. I think I´ll do this, when I have a fitting portfolio.

Otherwise perhaps Brick Miner will take a look in this thread again and perhaps he has a short answer. Would be awesome.

The department Liscensing/Extended line does contract external illustrators.

They manage non-core line products: Club Magazine comics, books, keychains, clothing, foam weapons, etc.

Though, I have no idea how to approach them regarding this :)

Thank you for your reply, CopMike.

By the way your portfolio is great, I would buy the lego ghost town immediately.

many greetings.

Thank you, Brick Miner

Was that your portfolio, you have some nice draws :)

Can you talk a little of how was your workshop?