Hinckley

Review: 7786 Batman - Batcopter: The Chase for the Scarecrow

What's up pups?

I have written a review for 7786 Batcopter: The Chase for Scarecrow on my website: BrickZone.net

As usual it involves Fabuland figures involved in a crazy story. Enjoy and feel free to let me know what you think. Thanks! X-D

title.jpg

click on the picture to read the review...

Thanks for this review, I love this set *wub*

That batman is great, and I've always loved that awesome scarecrow fig. That new pumpkin is fantastic, I can't wait to get it in the set...how many come with the set? I hope more than two :'-(

I love both of those vehicles, this set is a definite buy for me!

That new pumpkin is fantastic, I can't wait to get it in the set...how many come with the set? I hope more than two :'-(

um...two. :-/ sorry. I made that face to see which emoticon matched. That's how I feel. Sorry, it sucks but they are very cool.

I also am very happy with this purchase. Both vehicles are awesome. I may even keep them together for a few days! :-D :-D :-D

That was a great review with loads of excellent pictures. The set is better than I thought. I want to buy one of the new sets as I would love a blue Batman, but they are so expensive for Australians. I love the new pumpkin heads.

The story involved more mini-fig cruelty; excellent! I also liked the scarecrow/crow joke. :-D

(One request; please don't say lines like "To the Batcopter" next time. That is the old TV series and I hated that. >:-) Feel free to tell me to stick my request up my M#g@Bl*cks.)

Great Review *y* :-)

Your reviews are so funny

They are so much fun to read especially the end part with the comic

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

:-D Gavin always dies though

But it is still hilarious

I can't wait till your next review

Or till your "Book of the ancients tale"

Quick Question,are you making it serious or funny?

I prefer funny ;-)

Piranha

That was a great review with loads of excellent pictures. The set is better than I thought. I want to buy one of the new sets as I would love a blue Batman, but they are so expensive for Australians. I love the new pumpkin heads.

The story involved more mini-fig cruelty; excellent! I also liked the scarecrow/crow joke. :-D

(One request; please don't say lines like "To the Batcopter" next time. That is the old TV series and I hated that. >:-) Feel free to tell me to stick my request up my M#g@Bl*cks.)

Sinner, Thanks brother! And yes please take your request and stick it...back in your heart where it came from! :-X I know you mean well, but I love the camp!! I purposely put "to the batcopter" and my favorite "the jig is up!" in there because it's so ridiculous. And don't you know requesting me not to do it will only encourage me to do it more? I annoy because I love... *wub*

The crow is my favorite part. :-$ I'm happy to be swaying you over to the side of mini-fig suffering >:-) It sucks that your pricing is so different over there. Perhaps if you're a good sinner (?) santa will bring you some evil pumpkin heads for Christmas. Or whoever brings you presents over there...a magical wallabee flying a didjeridoo, I presume... :-P

Piranha! Always my biggest fan. Thanks brother. I'm glad I can amuse you. Book of the Ancients is serious but Fabuland Housewives will overlap for those who prefer the comedy. I hope Book of the Ancients is good. I'm re-tooling it right now because I was identifying a lot of cliches, so I threw a lot of plots out the window and re-visited my whole concept. Anyway, there will always be quick wacky reviews that will hopefully amuse you.

Norrington-Thanks as always, my buddy. *sweet*

Sinner, Thanks brother! And yes please take your request and stick it...back in your heart where it came from! :-X I know you mean well, but I love the camp!! I purposely put "to the batcopter" and my favorite "the jig is up!" in there because it's so ridiculous. And don't you know requesting me not to do it will only encourage me to do it more? I annoy because I love... *wub*

I thought you would like it! I am pleased to say that I didn't know that "the jig is up!" was also a common line. Most of what I remember about the old Batman TV show actually comes from the movie as I own that. (Mum bought it for me.) I tend to put in on if I have friends over and I am drunk enough. I like the darker side of Batman only, and thus anything that is against the idea that Batman is as big a loon as the guys that he hauls in I don't like. Joel schumaker's movies fall well within that category.

The crow is my favorite part. :-$ I'm happy to be swaying you over to the side of mini-fig suffering >:-) It sucks that your pricing is so different over there. Perhaps if you're a good sinner (?) santa will bring you some evil pumpkin heads for Christmas. Or whoever brings you presents over there...a magical wallabee flying a didjeridoo, I presume... :-P

Santa brings presents here. In the middle of summer, in full winter rig. He is a hero. At least he can come down chimneys here without being burnt :-P ! But I am not too badly done by. I should be buying some more (non-Licensed) Lego goodness tomorrow...

When i first saw pic's of the bi-plane i wasn't sure if i liked it or not, but after seeing it in more detail i gotta say i love the thing *wub*

It's a great plane with so many good aspect's, it's also the perfect counter vehicle for the new bat-plane.

For me though the best part of the set has got to be the new pumpkin heads, those are just beautiful and i cant wait to get lots of them.

Nice review. The Batcopter is pretty neat, but I prefer Scarecrow's bi-plane.

Batsy: We needed to wrap this review up so I used my Baterang.

Bianca: Is that really what it's called?

Batsy: Beats me...

Nooo... it's Batarang.

Great review! Funny as allways! The comic was just a hell lot of fun. It really had me laughing.

I would love to have this set but the price is just to high here, far worse than I had expected. I'll be better off buying the Battank, which is much better priced. Actually there is almost no price difference between The Batcopter and The Battank here *wacko*

Tks mate for this brilliant review :-D

I loved your Batfabuland story !! Always fantastic to read like always *sweet*

I really love this set and I shall buy 2 copies: one to build as is, and another one for my town loool: regular biplane for the tarmac, and my swat copter ;-)

BTW, I would have a request: could you post pic(s) of the parts inventory please ;-) Many tks in advance !!

*yoda*

I would love to have this set but the price is just to high here, far worse than I had expected. I'll be better off buying the Battank, which is much better priced. Actually there is almost no price difference between The Batcopter and The Battank here *wacko*

That is insane! *wacko* 450 and 500! Indeed; you should just buy the tank. Comparing the price of the Tank to the Batwing you seem to be getting quite a good deal there. Both are over priced for Australians and the Tank is twice the price of the copter. (They are 60 AUD and 120 AUD.) I am still not sure if I will buy either... :'-(

Edited by Sinner

Thanks for the review.

I'm definitely getting this, mainly becasue it's Batman. I love the blue Bats, the Scarecrow is good as ever, and those new pumpkins are just *wub* .

There's a few things I'll MOD, but nothing really major. I'll have to wait till I get this to decide properly though.

What a fine review and what a funny story, thanks! *y*

Dark tan and new Technic hub.... very interesting.

Scare the crow on! :-D

I thought you would like it! I am pleased to say that I didn't know that "the jig is up!" was also a common line. Most of what I remember about the old Batman TV show actually comes from the movie as I own that. (Mum bought it for me.) I tend to put in on if I have friends over and I am drunk enough. I like the darker side of Batman only, and thus anything that is against the idea that Batman is as big a loon as the guys that he hauls in I don't like. Joel schumaker's movies fall well within that category.

Wait, what? Are you saying you prefer the Joel Schumacher films? If you like the darker side of Batman, I recommend the Tim Burton films. Joel Schumacher is as campy as "the jig is up" IMO. He added freakin' nipples to the batsuit for God's sake! :-P You'd have to be nice and drunk to enjoy his films. ;-) I really like Batman, Batman Returns and Batman Begins.

Santa brings presents here. In the middle of summer, in full winter rig. He is a hero. At least he can come down chimneys here without being burnt :-P !

No. No no no. I saw a movie once. I'm pretty sure it's a wallabee.

Tks mate for this brilliant review :-D

I loved your Batfabuland story !! Always fantastic to read like always *sweet*

I really love this set and I shall buy 2 copies: one to build as is, and another one for my town loool: regular biplane for the tarmac, and my swat copter ;-)

BTW, I would have a request: could you post pic(s) of the parts inventory please ;-) Many tks in advance !!

*yoda*

What nice things to say! :-$ Thanks mate! You always make me feel brilliant. :-$ Here is the parts inventory: (click to enlarge)

inventory01.jpg inventory02.jpg

The Scarecrow plane would make an excellent crop duster and the batcopter will make an excellent swat copter. Sweet! *sweet*

Thanks everybody else for the nice compliments as well. I'm deeply concerned about price differences in other countries. It seems pretty ridiculous and counter-productive for TLC. Has anyone posted about this in the Embassy forum?

Wait, what? Are you saying you prefer the Joel Schumacher films?

Sorry, due to my convoluted sentance structure you mis-interpretted me. I meant that Joel Shumaker's movies fall well within the category of being against the idea that Batman is as big a loon as the guys that he hauls in. Just to be sure, I hate :-X the Joel Schumaker Batman movies.

No. No no no. I saw a movie once. I'm pretty sure it's a wallabee.

I'll get back to you at Christmas. It is possible I made a mistake.

I'm deeply concerned about price differences in other countries. It seems pretty ridiculous and counter-productive for TLC. Has anyone posted about this in the Embassy forum?

Yes. I also wrote to Lego about it and I posted their reply.

Sorry, due to my convoluted sentance structure you mis-interpretted me. I meant that Joel Shumaker's movies fall well within the category of being against the idea that Batman is as big a loon as the guys that he hauls in. Just to be sure, I hate :-X the Joel Schumaker Batman movies.

Thank you for clarifying. We can still be friends now. People are entitled to their opinions but the opinion that the Joel Schumacher Batman films are any good is just wrong and stupid. :-P

I'll get back to you at Christmas. It is possible I made a mistake.

Yes. I also wrote to Lego about it and I posted their reply.

Thanks for the link! I was too lazy to search...

People are entitled to their opinions but the opinion that the Joel Schumacher Batman films are any good is just wrong and stupid. :-P

They weren't that bad. If anything, the new film is the best one. And it didn't irreparably kill the baddie at the end... |-/

I love the 60s show, even though I've only seen the movie. Sure it was camp, not Batman, and often ridiculous, but so what? That was the charm.

Besides, it's the comics that rule, so there!

"Holy opinions, Batman!" :-D

What about the cartoon??? Batman: The Animated Series will always be the definitive Batman to me. The two Tim Burton movies were okay (they haven't aged well though), and I really dig what Christopher Nolan is doing with the new movies. Christian Bale did a fine job in "Batman Begins" ... but when I watch the movie, I hear Kevin Conroy's voice in my head. The cartoon rocked. And as much as I enjoyed the Justice League Unlimited cartoon, my biggest complaint was always: more Batman please!!

What nice things to say! :-$ Thanks mate! You always make me feel brilliant. :-$ Here is the parts inventory: (click to enlarge)

hehe meet *yoda* the ego booster :-D

Tks mate for these pics, for once very few parts I want to change on that plane !! I'll just swith to some black parts like the two 2x12 and the 2x4 and I will get rid of those coloured 1x1 slopes on the side !! He is Batman, no need to show his copter's right from left :-P

Can't wait to get that set !!

Stealth Mode On !!

*yoda*

Excellent hinckley *y* *y* *y* !

Looks like a nice set - I like the mix of dark Batman-pieces and a bit lighter Badmans-pieces. Batmans new blue headpiece looks a bit off though.

I love your stories *wub* - especially now-a-days when I

I really like Batman, Batman Returns and Batman Begins.

I like the first one (although I have seen it too much now), love the second one and am undecided about Batman Begins. I didn't like how he insisted on wasting time with the backstory, and I especially didn't like the certain over repeated lines like "Mr Wayne, why do we fall down" and "You should learn to mind your surroundings."

I love the 60s show, even though I've only seen the movie. Sure it was camp, not Batman, and often ridiculous, but so what? That was the charm.

I think that is the truth. The old Batman TV show had its good points (not many if you ask me), but it isn't really Batman.

What about the cartoon??? Batman: The Animated Series will always be the definitive Batman to me.

I agree 100%. I think the best Batman movie is Mask of the Phantasm.

Incidentally, I love your new avatar copmike. Fabuland has a certain charm...

Edited by Sinner

Incidentally, I love your new avatar copmike. Fabuland has a certain charm...

Fab On

copmike