Sign in to follow this  
thire5

I am your father..

Hello, here is my entry. Final scene of Episode 5 after epic lightsaber fight between Luke and Vader.

Vader: Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father.

Luke: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!

Vader: No, Luke... I am your father!

Luke: No. It can't be. That's not true. That's impossible!

Vader: Search your feelings Luke... you know them to be true.

Luke: Noooooo!

4689887071_6c2dc12946.jpg

More photos on flickr

Hope you like it :classic:

DANG! I was about to post something based on this scene, and it's so much like this! I even had exactly the same pose with Vader, and the same face for Luke!

Only thing is, you got the awesome multicoloured background (Thought it was 'Shopped at first.) and all the little details (Such as the three chopped antennae :sweet: .)

Edited by YG-49

Much more classic than this it doesn´t get!

Only to bad you don´t seem to have the Bespin Luke.

The MOC it self is really great. Looks like the real thing.

However there is just one small correction needed.

Vader: No, Luke... I am your father!

It should be:

Vader: No... I am your father!

I hate to complain since this MOC looks awesome, I even love the background you took the time to do, but to me, you need to use an actual Luke head. The one you used makes it look too cartoony for me.

Looks great! But you can totally tell that's Luke's stunt-double. :sweet:

No tan body parts?

Otherwise, nice Job.

Thank you for comments :classic:

However there is just one small correction needed.

Thanks for correction.

... The one you used makes it look too cartoony for me.

Yeah, it is a little bit funny, but I like this head :classic:

Admiral Ron & Fat Tony:

Maybe, but in this scene he has a dark clothes and dark hair.

luketp.png

Hi,

I really like your MOC and especially with the nice background it's awesome!

However, I would put Darth Vader a tad forwards, so that he looks more like 'longing' for Luke. He should lean over the 'railing' with most parts of his body. I don't think that you have to change the Luke face because you probably wanted the scene to be a bit of a parody of the actual movie scene, so it's fine with me.

Anyway, great MOC!

Admiral Ron & Fat Tony:

Maybe, but in this scene he has a dark clothes and dark hair.

*snip*

I think that's just the lighting .

at first i thought you made a parody scene by replacing Luke with an imperial officer. You should definitely change Luke's hair and clothing, right now they are not recognizable. but i must admit that the rest of the scene is great, especially the wall that seems like far away.

That is a really well-done version of the scene. You have a very solid contender here! :thumbup:

Regarding the comments about Luke's hair... for some reason, Luke is often portrayed with very light blond hair; I suspect this is because his hair is significantly lighter than that of Han, the next-most prominent human male character in the original trilogy. However, Luke isn't nearly as blond as he's often portrayed; I'm not sure why, but for some reason a lot of the portrayals of him in licensed products and artwork and so on show him as really, really blond, sometimes to the point of being canary yellow (particularly in the early Marvel comics and the action figures made by Kenner in the first few years of the license).

The tan used by LEGO for their Lukes is certainly an improvement over that, but even it is really quite a bit lighter than the "real" Luke. I think the LEGO color we usually refer to as dark tan is probably the best fit, and I'd like to see some appropriate hair elements eventually made in that color (ideally for actual Luke minifigs in future sets, but I'll get them whereever I can, so long as they make them).

Aarrrggg!!!! I was going to do this scene!! :angry: Oh well, I will just have to submit my other idea with vader and luke.

Edited by greenskull139

You should definitely change Luke's hair and clothing, right now they are not recognizable.

Why? He looks like in that scene (see picture above). I tried to imitate the lighting.

But I have to admit that Dark tan or even Dark brown hair would be better.

Edited by thire5

I still say you should change it. Personnally, I think we need Svelte-was-wrong-colour hair for Luke.

Super entry :vader:

4689886953_09a1517541.jpg

What great use of the 16x16 vig rule size :thumbup:

That's what I really like about this contest - you guys can really twist a few rules into something really awesome.

Best of luck.

Why? He looks like in that scene (see picture above). I tried to imitate the lighting.

But I have to admit that Dark tan or even Dark brown hair would be better.

Bah!

It's good "as is" - in my opinion at least.

What's next?

Fleshies? :laugh:

Nice one, and I agree with KimT - fantastic use of 16 square studs. The initial photo makes the vig look much larger than it actually is, with the help of the wall with the little "lights" in the background.

Only complaint is, that you should definitely consider changing the Luke fig. I know that you wanted to be truer to the movie, but I think blond hair (or maybe dark tan) of that same hairpiece and a different torso/ leg choice would be better.

Nice entry!

It seemed like It was fairly big in the first picture, however, When the full 16x16 is shown, I feel it seems a bit empty - but I later realized thats exactly the feeling you're looking for. Great Entry, It truely hits that mark. I personally would change the Luke to Fleshie, and Tan hair - I actully don't mind the torso or legs at all, but I really feel that the overall fig drags down the greatness of this MOC

Awesome job

Nice one, and I agree with KimT - fantastic use of 16 square studs. The initial photo makes the vig look much larger than it actually is, with the help of the wall with the little "lights" in the background.

Yeah, it's quite genious, isn't it?

Only complaint is, that you should definitely consider changing the Luke fig. I know that you wanted to be truer to the movie, but I think blond hair (or maybe dark tan) of that same hairpiece and a different torso/ leg choice would be better.

I disagree.

The fig choosen works well with the vig and I have no doubts when it comes to recognising this epic scene.