Sign in to follow this  
natelite

Lego Simpsons, yes or no?

what's everyone's idea of lego simpsons? i dont think it's going to happen since the movie has been released and they weren't even bidding. but i thought it would be a good theme since the simpsons have so many wild adventures, it would be a gold mine in terms of sets. you also have so many versions of bart and homer, like pie man, doughboy, radioactive man, the isotopes (or isotots), bartman, etc. so in terms of buildings and vehicles/machines there are lots that can be done, and lots more characters to be collected. probably, i would say on par with SW except there's little to no army building capacity.

there are probably lots more cons and pros that i didn't think of. so discuss if it might be a good licence.

the best news of all, no FLESH tone mf! they are all yellow! well, most of them anyway.

I personally wouldn't buy them. I enjoy what little bits I catch of the Simpsons but I'm not an ardent fan. I also struggle to keep up with the sets I want now.

That said, I've said before that LEGO and the Simpsons are a perfect match and I'd say a definate YES.

Yes! Yes! Yes. *y* *y* *y*

Ok. It wouldn't be a great line. I think it would be something along the lines of the Spongebob line (with a lot more power, considering Simpsons is itself, a lot better and popular than Spongebob).

Down, now I am drooling for a Bart Minifig! :'-)

Pocas

1000 times YES !!

I love the comic feel of sets, and SB is brilliant IMO BUT the Simpsons could really make that on a so much fantastic level !!

I have always been a huge simpsons fan and seeing all the great things they can do is just something to drool around X-D

But I doubt its going to happen but if that does, I'll buy every songle set of that line >:-)

"Who needs a Kwicky Mart ? I dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" X-D

D'oh On !!

*yoda*

Yeah! *y*

What wonderful Town sets we could get with this.... *wub*

Two houses, a treehouse, a tavern, a school bus, a classroom, a nuclear power plant,

a mansion, a deli, a pink car (chevy?), a monorail.... X-D

Na, too good to be true.

I fear that all we can do is watching them from the distance.... or MOCing them, of course.

Yeah! *y*

What wonderful Town sets we could get with this.... *wub*

Two houses, a treehouse, a tavern, a school bus, a classroom, a nuclear power plant,

a mansion, a deli, a pink car (chevy?), a monorail.... X-D

Na, too good to be true.

I fear that all we can do is watching them from the distance.... or MOCing them, of course.

[/quote

Don't forget the Maison Derriere. Great episode, great songs.

The bomb shelter.

The kwiki mart....we had one in Burbank California for a month as a promotional for the movie. Sprinklicious donuts, 89 cents apiece. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmdrool.

This would be nice, but it would never happen. The simspons really aren't catered to kids. Anyone that has been watching the episodes, and seen the movie will see that. Thats being said, i don't think there is enough AFOL to make the line sucsessfull.

Myself, i'd by it, but don't thik its a good idea.

Definetely YES!!! There's no better use of yellow minifig heads!!!

LEGO FOR SIMPSONS!!!

and...Simpsons on!!!

-Aredhel

Given that LEGO traditionally used yellow to represent flesh, does that mean they'd use flesh-toned heads to represent the Simpsons' yellow?

< captaintau, ducking from the barrage of flesh-toned LEGO heads being lobbed his way! >

I wouldn't buy them either...I never really got into the Simpsons, Futurama all the way :-D

I also doubt they'll pick it up, not like it would matter to me anyway ;-) There's just not enough that they could really use for sets, or rather there aren't enough iconic things to make sets of.

I'll also move this to the license forum

I wouldn't buy them either...I never really got into the Simpsons, Futurama all the way :-D

I also doubt they'll pick it up, not like it would matter to me anyway ;-) There's just not enough that they could really use for sets, or rather there aren't enough iconic things to make sets of.

I'm with 4J that I never really got into them nor will it matter to me whether or not they make them. It's a LONG cartoon series. COME ON! IT'S Way to long winded to be anything real. Besides, the whole show makes me :-X .

Hurray for Futurama :-D ! I think Futurama would even be less of a possibility to see a line of. It's way less known than the Simpsons (over here, I don't know about other places) and it's even more 'adult' than the Simpsons: a lot of swearing, machinegun-wielding-robot-santa killing people( X-D ), Bender the drunk robot... :-(

That looks like a good idea but the chances to see such sets in our markets is very low... :'-(

Definetely YES!!! There's no better use of yellow minifig heads!!!

LEGO FOR SIMPSONS!!!

and...Simpsons on!!!

-Aredhel

Actually, I don't think they would use the standard Lego heads. The Simpsons character have too different faces for that. They will have to make a special head for each character. A standard Lego head could work for Homer though, since he has no almost no hair but Bart, Lisa or Maggie would be more difficult characters to recreate (a kind of helmet-like wig wouldn't work that good I believe... :-| ).

I like the Simpsons, but I'm not sure if I'm waiting for the Lego version.

If this would be some kind of variant of town with Homer and Bart figs, then I say yes.

Some houses, shops and cafe's are always welcome.

But I wouldn't really care for the fact that they are from the Simpsons series.

The EF type wigs should work wonders with the simpsons hairdo. There are actually lots of chars on simpsons and lots of places you can make into sets.

And simpson movie isn't rated M either. I think it was pg13. SB sometimes do have adult gags as well. Not quite sure why it made it into lego but if it can, I bet simpsons should work too. :-P

Besides that, like someone else said, futurama, family guy, american dad are way too adult and they have way fewer key characters to be successful themes.

Just on key chars, you have ned flanders and family, Simpson family, the schoolyard kids and family, like nelson and mom, ralph and chief wiggum, milhouse and parents, rev lovejoy and wife, brainy kid - (forgot his name), teacher crabapple, principal skinner and mom, groundskeeper willie, apu and wife and kids, barney and moe, homer's colleagues, etc. way lots to be able to make into successful sets. :-P then you have the martians/aliens, and other strange stuff added in for even more fun and humor.

well, just an idea. or maybe they can just run sw until 2011 and go back to no licensing. :-P

Yeah, I think if they made them they'd do what they did with Spongebob and Avatar. Btw, nobody said it was rated M. :-/ Btw, M is a video game rating. R I think you mean. ;-)

Well we would get new faces AND its a=would be a license theme with yellow skin!

It would be neat. SO much possibilities. A Quick-E-Mart would be awesome, I could use a Lego supermarket (saying that, I must mention Keith Goldman's MOC, awesomeness :-D ). A school, too, and a burger place (Krusty Burger), a donut place (Lard Lad's Donuts), why doesn't Lego make fast food sets? So much possibilities, but sadly, not gonna happen. :'-( (That's not a fact though. It's not impossible, just highly improbable [to quote The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy])

Edited by iamded

Don't forget the Android's Dungeon and Comic Book Guy. He is, quite possibly, my favourite character. I mean, come on, he was written for people like me!

I don't think it will happen, but I would like it and would buy maybe a set of it.

YellowHeads on! :-)

Sadly, I think the time for a Lego Simpsons theme was ten years ago. The Simpsons hit their peak, in terms of creativity and popularity, back in the mid-90's. The show is almost 20 years old, and it's been on a gradual, creative downslide for a few years now. Getting the license now would be too late.

But that's the cold, logical part of my brain talking. The other shameless fanboy part of my brain says, "I want Kang and Kodos mini-figures right &%$-ing NOW!!!"

"We must move forward, not backward. Upwards, not forwards. And always twirling, twirling, TWIRLING towards freedom!"

And lets not forget another license I would love: Futurama *wub*

Sure not as classic as the Simpsons but fantastic nonetheless !! I would way much prefer that than this horrendous Crap Mission we have now ;-)

Oh well, I feel like Brian Benben right now...

Dream On !!

*yoda*