gerkenz

MOC: Castle "Gluecksburger Schloss"

Hi,

I would like to show my latest and most time and consuming MOC:

The German Castle of Gluecksburg "Glücksburger Schloss". :-)

Building time: 4 years

Size: 50x50x30 cm

Parts: about 5300 bricks

schloss_03.jpg

Flickr Gallery or My Blog

Very nice. Also it's quite unique since it's not this type of castles that are usually made in Lego form by fans. Hats off.

Edited by Nagyzee

Thanks, :classic: .

The next one will be more middle age style with drawbridge and non reality castle. :sweet:

Here is a foto I took from the castle ( backside ) just to show the real one. I did a lot of measurement around the castle and inside to map the scale.

img_0138.jpg

wow! a different type of castle! and it took u 4 years!? *oh2* that is really some patience you have there!

that said, i thot u have done a great replica of the real one. :thumbup:

*oh2* I'll never have sufficient patience to build anything like that!

Very good replica of the castle. I want to believe that this brilliant work will be never knocked down to pieces.

Most excellent! It really captures the original in miniature form. As I read "building time: 4 years" at first it appeared somewhat exaggerated, but upon closer look it became clearer as to why it took so long. You must have gone really all the extra miles to incorporate that level of detail into such a small scale model. Those headlight piece windows and all the surrounding wall work must have been a pain in the proverbial behind to get everything to work and align correctly, wasn't it? But what struck me most was your meticulous attention to the colours, which really do the original all the justice it deserves.

Really A-grade material yo got there!

Alles Gute und danke für's Zeigen! ;-)

Cutty

Great replica! Always want to see such castles in LEGO form. The building itself is very suitable for LEGO bricks too)

Most excellent! It really captures the original in miniature form. As I read "building time: 4 years" at first it appeared somewhat exaggerated, but upon closer look it became clearer as to why it took so long. You must have gone really all the extra miles to incorporate that level of detail into such a small scale model. Those headlight piece windows and all the surrounding wall work must have been a pain in the proverbial behind to get everything to work and align correctly, wasn't it? But what struck me most was your meticulous attention to the colours, which really do the original all the justice it deserves.

Really A-grade material yo got there!

Alles Gute und danke für's Zeigen! ;-)

Cutty

His building time could also be extremely limited. Some of us only have an hour or two a week in which to build. :classic:

Thanks for your very nice replies! :thumbup:

4 years building time were interrrupted by a lot of things in my life, but I needed a lot time to think about how to build it without messing it up and don't use to much bricks. As you can see on the early post on my page I started with a lot bigger scale, but that ended soon because of the needed parts. :wacko: . After I finished the design of the windows I aligned the scale to it and started building the first tower. After that I thought about the roof which should look very flat ( normal roof bricks dind't work out very well :tongue: ).

I'm really thankfull for your comments. Only LEGO fans can imagine the work which has to be done to build a MOC like that. :wub:

see ya....maybe in Denmark this year. :wink:

Edited by gerkenz

I´m dying to know your technique for those red roofs. So smooth!

I searched some time to get the right bricks to attach roofs without the "brick-look" of the normal roof slopes.

I used "Slope 53 3 x 1 x 3 1/3 with Studs on Slope" part no: 6044. :classic:

And now I'm the headline of the local newsletter! :thumbup:

picture of the castle and myself was printed thousand times and everyone in the north of Germany could see this article. :wub:

online article ( German ): LEGO castle - MoinMoin.de

0022708185.gif

And best of it: The LEGO castle will be exposed inside the real caste in Gluecksburg - Great! :wink:

Edited by gerkenz

And best of it: The LEGO castle will be exposed inside the real caste in Gluecksburg - Great! :wink:

What a cool thing. Congratulations.

Hi,

the castle is on it's way to an Exhibition in Kiel. :classic:

"Ausstellung: Traditionen - 130 Jahre Kieler Woche und 425 Jahre Leben auf Schloss Glücksburg"

Kiel Holstentörn Passage

If you see it there, please make a photo! :wink:

Wow, awesome that you're getting to display it in public! :classic:

Really cool to look closely at the MOC, and see how all the bricks fit together to make the roofs, windows, etc. while still being really smooth.

This is a great build! Like how you´ve managed that many details in that scale. Well done, and congrats to the display!

..., and congrats to the display!

Now on Display in Kiel, Germany! They say during the days "Kieler Woche" about 2-3 Million people will walk through the exibition :cry_happy:

Another castle modell is on display - my castle look a little small but the good thing is the visitors are able to compare the "real" one with my MOC. :thumbup:

7184001773_0806e47622_n.jpg

Castle Gluecksburg in Kiel

Edited by gerkenz