Sign in to follow this  
mlucas86

EAST INDIAMAN Prince of Wales

[pid][/pid] 128D

Hi all

I didn t write on this forum from almost a year.

This is beacuse i don t love to write in english (i m very Bad) but i follow and check the site every day

However i start to build my new wonderfull ship.

This time i take as reference a very interesting model an EAST INDIAMAN SHIP.

http://www.modelships.de/Eastindiaman_Prince_of_Wales/Eastindiaman_1740.htm

I start to post some photos.

post-13723-133188545027.jpg

Looks great! I love your choice of inspiration, and judging by your last ship this one will turn out amazing. :pir-classic:

I would only change the deck color (tan on tan doesn't look good in my opinion), and maybe give her the curved quarterdeck seen on many East Indiamen; it doesn't seem to be present on your model of the PoW, but I think it would look quite good, and help set her apart from the multitudes of warships on this forum.

Yes halfpenguinhalflego !

for have the right look i paint the hull and the ship tree.

Skipper what do you mean with "give her the curved quarterdeck seen on many East Indiamen"?

i post new step of building

My link

DSC09916

Edited by mlucas86

The colors you areusing are fantastic! I can't wait to see more of this beautiful ship.

I add new pictures of work in progress

i m waiting for several blue brick to finish the upper side of the ship

dsc09773.jpg

dsc09917.jpg

Great ship! I love the colourscheme and the overall techniques. The black lines are nice as well.

I think the stern and side galleries could use some work though.

Perhaps you should only make windows at the second gundeck leven and not on the lower gundeck, just like on the model.

And could you please resize your pictures? The maximum allowed is 800X600 pixles.

Thanks in forward and good luck on your ship :thumbup:

The bacony on the poop deck looks really nice. The captain will have a nice place to look out to sea from his quarters.

Edited by Hiawatha

Really nice to see a ship in these colours. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Thanks for posting.

As Admiral Croissant already pointed out, you really have to resize these pictures to a maximum of 800x600.

A link to a tutorial about resizing is in my signature.

Resize them soon or I have to remove the pictures at some point, which would be a shame as this ship is a beauty.

Already thanks!

As Admiral Croissant already pointed out, you really have to resize these pictures to a maximum of 800x600.

A link to a tutorial about resizing is in my signature.

Resize them soon or I have to remove the pictures at some point, which would be a shame as this ship is a beauty.

Already thanks!

Sorry for the photo!

i resize it soon

She's beatiful, I'm not too fond of the gold coins glued (?) to the sides but that's just a detail and the painted hull...well it looks very nice.

Are you going to add minifigures ?

She's beatiful, I'm not too fond of the gold coins glued (?) to the sides but that's just a detail and the painted hull...well it looks very nice.

Are you going to add minifigures ?

Yes i had to glued it...i didn t find another solution to attach it...

I m not going to add minifigures...i think it is more serious without its!

Instead i m buiding a Plexiglas display case to bring it in a lego event next month !

This ship looks great, I really love the color scheme. It really resembles the coloring that a ship should be painted in, at least in my eyes.

It's also nice to see the progress.

Wonderful ship. And with an incredible eye for detail. I like for example the guilded minifig in the front. And the plate on which you put the ship is super with the rounded form. I also like the picture where you photoshoped the ship onto a maritime chart background!

I'm not sure I would haved glued on the coins. Everything else about this ship is so beautifully done with only (what appears to be) proper techniques. I think the ship would look just as fine without the coins. And you wouldn't get complaints from grumpy old farts like me. :pir-classic:

That is an outstanding ship. Especially because of the Eurobricks colour scheme!

Beautiful ship! I agree though, that the coins are too cheap a solution to such a magnificent build.

I especially like how you did the sails, very professional with the sewn edges.

The ship contains quite a few fantasy elements but it's great nevertheless.

I also love the frontal view and the golden figurehead.

I hope you'll keep on building ships :pir-classic:

By the way, you also made it to the Eurobricks frontpage!

Wonderful ship. And with an incredible eye for detail. I like for example the guilded minifig in the front. And the plate on which you put the ship is super with the rounded form. I also like the picture where you photoshoped the ship onto a maritime chart background!

I'm not sure I would haved glued on the coins. Everything else about this ship is so beautifully done with only (what appears to be) proper techniques. I think the ship would look just as fine without the coins. And you wouldn't get complaints from grumpy old farts like me. :pir-classic:

:pir-sweet:

i read a lot of people are not agree with this coins!!!