Good day!

Most of the time I have to think inside of my collection limits , and this was the case. I am building something that required the tracks to be very resistant, but the big track links still don't convince me enought to buy them , and the rubber single piece ones are too small. So I created some brick build ones that are very, very resistant (They can hold 4 KG / 8.8 lbs without any problems , see the end of this post).

A single link is built out of seven pieces and a three-piece "friction pad" can be added resulting in total of 5g normal and 6g with pads .

LDD

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

LDDONE.pngLDDTWO.png

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

27778385393_4cf444c23f_z.jpgHeavy duty tracks holding 4kg (8'8 lbs) by Alaxaf, on Flickr

Edited by LXF

Neat idea. I've seen something similar used on a GBC module. What MOC do you plan to use them on?

Looks very cool and sturdy, suitable for a huge Ripsaw, but the sheer amount of parts that you need in order to get a decent amount of track, is too large for a normal Technic collection. Looking forward to see what you build with these :)

Nice idea.... I would like to see a video of it functioning. How the track connects to your sprocket design looks like it might be very clunky. Also, if what you are building is limited by your parts available, you might have to spend quite a bit for this track. The triple axle pin (perpendicular, part 63869) is not cheap. All the pieces will add a lot of weight to your model......you will have to take this into consideration.

They seem very robust, and would be perfect for a large scale bulldozer, nice idea.

They also can be easily modified into a different width if required.

Wow :thumbup: .

Thanks!

Neat idea. I've seen something similar used on a GBC module. What MOC do you plan to use them on?

A snowmobile, but around where I live there isn't any snow at any time of the year :sad:

I'm interested to see what you do with those.

H

A snowmobile, but around where I live there isn't any snow at any time of the year :sad:

cool idea

Thanks!

Looks very cool and sturdy, suitable for a huge Ripsaw, but the sheer amount of parts that you need in order to get a decent amount of track, is too large for a normal Technic collection. Looking forward to see what you build with these :)

Maybe someday with Ludicrous speed :)

Sariel did something similar:

/

And:

/

His work inspired me to make these

Nice idea.... I would like to see a video of it functioning. How the track connects to your sprocket design looks like it might be very clunky. Also, if what you are building is limited by your parts available, you might have to spend quite a bit for this track. The triple axle pin (perpendicular, part 63869) is not cheap. All the pieces will add a lot of weight to your model......you will have to take this into consideration.

I will make a video, it isn't cheap nor lightweight but I have enought for my build. Not sure what "clunky" means , but they can be driven by standart wheels as Sariel's track, but I cannot say for sure which ones will work.

By Brickowl's calculations you theorically can get 5(!!!!) meters of this track for 228 euro.(46 euro per meter)

Or for 127 euro without "friction pads" (26 euro per meter)

Edited by LXF

Snowmobile sounds perfect, you only need to make one track. The track looks like it'll dig well into the snow. Come visit Canada in the winter months, we have lots of snow here. It might be easier to travel to an EU country with some snow to run it in ludicrous speed. :classic:

One of the main issues with custom tracks is the price. I think half stud cleats would look better and function the same. Maybe use this as a base for a snow groomer's chassis and use larger grousers.

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky