KlodsBrik

[MOC] Hanging gardens of Babylon. (WIP)

I never had any plans of posting this as a work in progress, so the pictures arent that good.

They were merely for my own purpose of being able to recreate sections whenever i had to take of huger lumps of the build.

Since i was supposed to order the remaining 7000 bricks on bricklink tomorrow, but i had a nasty bill in my post that put a stop to this.

Now i wont have the funds till February or March. :sceptic:

Now in order to keep me motivated and not at some point just take it apart, i decided to make a Work In Progress log afterall.

That way i will make sure i come to finish this project which i have really come to love.

More of the story behind it lateron. For now i will just let the pictures speak. :classic:

22009123514_175549cc21_c.jpg

22010743063_061f31db95_c.jpg

22009122864_3a82cd336d_c.jpg

22443960710_6c9ae448f0_c.jpg

22011177303_4a019eda6d_c.jpg

22618350662_5c8bee76fa_c.jpg

22443959760_139b42c7d6_c.jpg

A lot of bricks have gone into this as you might imagine. Mostly very small ones.

I did a calculation that suggest that ive used around 18.000 so far.

In my rough calculation of what is needed of bricks to finish the project, i ended up on some 10.000 of which i have some, leaflets, plants and brown for trees and vegetation.

There have been some more progress on it that i will post lateron, but for now its packed away under plastic, and have a box on top to prevent dust, and also so i would be able to use the top of the box as a shelve.

I hope you like it and please do comment and ask questions. I so need an energy boost to keep this project alive till February.

Thanks. :classic:

KlodsBrik.

Edited by KlodsBrik

You've made an excellent start and what you've completed is beautiful. The white looks great and the overall shape is superb. I'm guessing you could easily fit a couple thousand pieces of vegetation in that big a space. Keep it up. I think you'll love the final result - I know I will.

This is a very ambitious undertaking! So far it looks great, I am looking forward to more.

Andy D

This is going to be awesome! Can't wait to see the final build. I understand running out of funds, just had a massive car repair myself, but you've got to finish this, even if it is next year. Consider this my full support to finish it!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is a very ambitious undertaking! So far it looks great, I am looking forward to more.

i can't wait to see it finished!

Impressive work so far, I too hope to see it finished :blush:

As the others have already said, I would really like to see this finished. Keep it up, man!

Thanks for all the lovely feedback. This is exactly why it sometimes payoff making a work in progress log. First of all this will keep me focused on finishing it, and now i owe it to you all also. :wink:

. I'm guessing you could easily fit a couple thousand pieces of vegetation in that big a space. Keep it up. I think you'll love the final result - I know I will.

Indeed my intention also. At some point i did a test setup on the left part of the build, just tablescrapping 70 trees, to get a feel of how i should build it. It looked exactly as i intended. Unfortunately no pictures of that. The few remaining trees on the build is just their cause each of them had an idea of how i would bend and twist the vegetation when i get to that process. Well, its not the brown bricks or the leaves im in need of. I have all those bricks.

And i can also work on the temple itself, i just have to make it modular somehow, so its easy to remove when i have to take the whole of the right side apart to make the foundation for it all.

That could keep me occupied for some time till i can get my BLO done i guess.

Im getting new ideas on how to keep me occupied with this build. All thanks to all of you guys.

This is going to be awesome! Can't wait to see the final build. I understand running out of funds, just had a massive car repair myself, but you've got to finish this, even if it is next year. Consider this my full support to finish it!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks. Yeah, its a pita. Especially when its unexpected. And i will so keep my spirits up and fight to get this done. It have been such fun building so far, so it wouldt be a shame to just drop it.

Again, thanks all for the support. This is why i love EuroBricks. :classic:

22651121912_be451f3373_z.jpg

Edited by KlodsBrik

What an inspirational piece. Those curved walls are just amazing but I do wonder how much stress you are putting onto these bricks, especially those 2*2 tiles. Anyway, on of the most promising wips I've seen lately!

Edit: Can and Admin or Mod please change the title to hold WIP in it also. I seem to have forgotten it. :look:

A regulator will do too ...

You're off to a good start, kämpa på! :D Looks very promising so far. Hopefully you'll win the lottery or something so you can finish it!

What an inspirational piece. Those curved walls are just amazing but I do wonder how much stress you are putting onto these bricks, especially those 2*2 tiles. Anyway, on of the most promising wips I've seen lately!

A regulator will do too ...

Thanks a lot. :classic:

Now the 2x2 tiles really isnt having that much stress on them. Ive made it in a way that is has two layers of plates underneath.

I did a quick tablescap to let you se how i did it:

22703799352_01c088b6d9_z.jpg

22717355425_450c5100e0_z.jpg

The outer wall dont have much stress on it neither. This is made with a 1-3-1-3-1 brick combination, and the curve and that bend that it really stresses the bricks to much.

Now for the second curved circle, thats the one that im still a bit worried about, i might end up with a few pieces thats been misshaped when i take the build apart at some point in time. ( When ive finished it !! :wink: )

This is the part where the most stress is.

The third and most inner circle, i guess its due to the fact thats its not that big, its just as bendable as the outer circle.

Curve 2 and 3 is btw made with a 2-2-2-2 combination to get that curved effect.

Thanks for changing my title to hold WIP and thanks for commenting. :classic:

It looks already beautiful. Keep up the nice work!

Wow! That is one big project.........I look forward to it's completion!

Looks very promising :classic:

It's already looking good. I can't wait to see the next photo's

Thanks all. No new pictures yet. And i havent given up on it at all.

Still waiting for February to arrive. Seems i will be able to afford what pieces im still in need of then.

I have been working on a lot of tree techniques and improving a lot of other small stuff aruond the build.

Now im cleaning up ever brick i have laying around. Taking apart every unfinished MOC´s i have staying around to prepare to finish this up.

Im super excited to be honest.

Thanks for keeping this alive EB community. :classic:

Edited by KlodsBrik