Electricsteam

Wacky and Weird Locomotive Challenge!

This is the Wacky and Weird Locomotive Challenge!

I have perrmission from Fugazi to run this.

You have two month to build the weirdest and the most wacky locomoive you can!

Voting will begin on May,1,2013, is also the deadline for enries.

There will be 3 categories!

1. Locomotives!

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=79698

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=80199

http://www.eurobrick...gh#entry1547269

http://www.eurobrick...95#entry1553780

http://www.eurobrick...wtopic=80643=

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80694&hl=

2. Coaches!

3. Rolling Stock!

Here on the rules!

1. Do not build the Crampton 6-2-0 Locomotive.

2. Original locmotives only.

3. Modded parts are allowed.

4. Stickers allowed.

5. Any scale N to G gauge.

6. *Digital entries* allowed but Brick Built is perfered.

7. Knock-Off / Clone bricks allowed.

Post you Locomotive in a MOC post on the fourms and say in the post you want to be in the Challenge.

Good Luck guys!

*digital is for the people who plan to have the locomotive brick built but can't. :( *

I forgot to mention there are no prizes involved with this challenge.

Edited by Electricsteam

Interesting Idea for a contest

does that mean that it has to be a existing train or can I just freelance something weird.

PS. Aint it allowed instead of aloud?

Doesn't category 3 include categories 1 and 2? Rolling stock is all locomotives, coaches, freight cars and whatever else runs on rails right?

Interesting Idea for a contest

does that mean that it has to be a existing train or can I just freelance something weird.

PS. Aint it allowed instead of aloud?

:wacko: sorry about that speeling error, I have been a little sick the past few days. This picture shows how I feel right now. http://tinyurl.com/b2ngjfh

Also that means locomotives that are built by you not instructions from the internet.

Doesn't category 3 include categories 1 and 2? Rolling stock is all locomotives, coaches, freight cars and whatever else runs on rails right?

I couldnt decide if something strange like a train car that launched missiles or did something strange like that was freight... http://tinyurl.com/b2ngjfh

Also that means locomotives that are built by you not instructions from the internet.

I wasn't planning on copying something but does the train have to exisist in real life?

And are digital entries allowed?

Sorry if I overload you with questions but i want to know my options.

Edited by UrbanErwin

I wasn't planning on copying something but does the train have to exisist in real life?

And are digital entries allowed?

Sorry if I overload you with questions but i want to know my options.

1. It doesnt have to be from real life.

2. Digital is allowed but brick-built is perferred

Can we use parts that aren't Lego, i.e.; Enlighten?

Joe

Yes... sorry it didn't say that I did not realize all my rules didn't copy over....

Sounds fun :classic: But have you talked to a mod about this?

I really don't see the point in using clonebricks. This is a LEGO forum afterall. I'm sure that crap have their own fora. I'm also not much for modded/custom parts or digital, but it's your rules :thumbup:

Two months would be great

How many entries can one enter?

Hope you're feeling better :wink:

I really don't see the point in using clonebricks. This is a LEGO forum afterall. I'm sure that crap have their own fora.

Speaking for myself I use a certain amount of clone bricks because firstly my sole income is from an Invalid pension so I don't have much money, and in this part of the world it's actually easier to buy the clones than it is to buy Lego. Enlighten make some really useful train parts that Lego doesn't make anymore, or never made at all and in addition to that the quality of their bricks is at least 90% that of Lego. Sure some of the clone makers are still pushing not very well made bricks with poor clutch, but the majority are steadily upping their game and it's getting hard to find a reason to poke fun at them or to dismiss their products out of hand.

Lecture over (grrrr, snarl........ :devil: )

Well you can't really allow LDD and not allow clone bricks seeing as LDD contain virtual bricks ...lol

From my experience all the black Enlighten bricks are fine excepting the wheels and the magnets which are bad quality, this actually includes some superior printed bricks and doors, etc..the others colours mostly seem a bit strange/ off Lego.

My Enlighten engine cost me about US$ 3.50 including postage here in China. Lego is way over my budget.

Lego started as a clone brand, right?

I guess Lego stipulates the use of their bricks in other contests as they supply the prizes, so no prizes no restraints?

Joe

Edited by bjtpro

My Enlighten engine cost me about US$ 3.50 including postage here in China. Lego is way over my budget.

Lego started as a clone brand, right?

I guess Lego stipulates the use of their bricks in other contests as they supply the prizes, so no prizes no restraints?

Joe

I may (probably) am wrong but, I dont believe it started as a clone brand. It didnt really directly copy anything (as far as I know), But Lego kinda went their own way with the interlocking brick design. While I guess 'cloning' then is A LOT different than what it is today, where we see sometimes direct copying.

But yeah I agree with bjtpro and Annie in that we should allow 'clone' elements in this contest/challenge.

Sorry if I seem stupid in my "facts". Im probably wrong anyway, might as well get it all cleared up now. :laugh:

I find it amusing that everyone bends backward for accessories from BrickArms or BrickForge but get all riled up if someone mentions using a part form a clone brand :wacko:.

I'm pretty sure Lego directly copied Kiddiecraft's bricks and sold them in countries that Kiddiecraft had neglected to file for a patent but I could be wrong as well.

Lego has of course improved the bricks considerably since that time.

Anyway, it's just plastic bricks. Let's build!

Joe

I find it amusing that everyone bends backward for accessories from BrickArms or BrickForge but get all riled up if someone mentions using a part form a clone brand :wacko:.

I don't use any of that stuff at all. This is a LEGO forum, not a general brick building forum. It's clearly stated here (in the member guidelines) :

"Remember: Eurobricks is a LEGO fan site, thus we want most topics here to be LEGO related. If you find you are posting mostly non-LEGO topics then maybe you have picked the wrong site. (Just to clarify, M%g^ Bl&ks aren't LEGO....)"

Anyway, too much chatter :sick:

Can ES (and a mod?) not clarify the rules etc and the clone discussion can be moved elsewhere (there's too much of it in the train section allready, imho)

Since this is a member-driven, fun challenge for bragging rights -- no prizes -- I don't see a point in getting bogged down in strict rules. Also as 1974 mentioned, this is not the place to debate the pros and cons of clone brands. Use them if you would like to, keeping in mind that they would not be allowed in an official EB contest. Best entries will be chosen by EB members voting and judging criteria will be up to each and every individual. As in most contests originality, presentation and humour will likely be key factors. Oh and multiple entries are allowed, why not. :classic:

So... What did I miss?

I am done coughing my throat out and I wanna see some some non-disease or rage fuled locomotive building!

Thats good your throat is better. But I dont think anyone has submitted anything yet. :sceptic: But simple question.

Sorry if this was answered already but I cant find it. When is the deadline for entires? Im just curious as lately I havent been in the Lego spirit.

(More of the model railroading spirit to be honest. But its still trains. :laugh: )

This is the Wacky and Weird Locomotive Challenge!

I have perrmission from Fugazi to run this.

You have two month to build the weirdest and the most wacky locomoive you can!

Voting will begin on May,1,2013, is also the Deadline for entries.

There will be 3 categories!

1. Locomotives!

2. Coaches!

3. Rolling Stock!

Here on the rules!

1. Do not build the Crampton 6-2-0 Locomotive.

3. Modded parts are allowed.

4. Stickers allowed.

5. Any scale N to G gauge.

6. *Digital entries* allowed but Brick Built is perfered.

7. Knock-Off / Clone bricks allowed.

Post you Locomotive in a MOC post on the fourms and say in the post you want to be in the Challenge.

Good Luck guys!

*digital is for the people who plan to have the locomotive brick built but can't. :( *

I forgot to mention there are no prizes involved with this challenge.