der seb

Exclusive Train 10194 Emerald Night (Exclusive 2009)

Hi

at 1000steine.de a new member has shown us a pic of a possibly new set: 10194 - Emerald Night

What do you think? Is it worth the hope or just a good fake?

things for or against a fake:

- the tan train windows 1 x 4 x 3

- new parts (specially the BBB-wheels)

Sebastian

10194 Emerald Night

All new LEGO classic!

With piston-powered wheels, this train is an all-new LEGO® classic! Here comes the

Emerald Night! Build this incredible classic-styled train with loads of amazing details,

from the steam locomotive with furnace to the opening tender and dining car with removable

roof, opening doors and detailed interior. Measures 27.2" (68cm) long! Includes three

minifigures, elements in rare colors and all-new large train wheels with piston motion!

Add LEGO® Power Functions to motorize. This classically-styled train features a steam

locomotive with furnace, opening tender, dining car with removable roof, opening doors

and detailed interior! Train measures 27.2" (68cm) long Lots of authentic touches including

elements in rare colors and all-new large train wheels with piston motion! Includes 3 minifigures!

Motorize your Emerald Night by adding LEGO Power Functions #8882 Power Functions

XL Motor, #8867 Flexible Train Track, #8878 Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box,

#8887 Transformer 10v DC adapter, #8884 Power Functions IR Receiver,#8870 Power

Functions LED Lights, #8879 Power Functions IR Speed Remote Control!

Pictures link to HR version which can be +7000.pxl

a_10194_box_front_1000.jpg

b_10194_box_side_200.jpg c_10194_detail_1_200.jpg d_10194_detail_kit_200.jpg e_10194_detail_3_200.jpg f1_10194_detail_200.jpg

f_10194_detail_4_200.jpgg_10194_detail_5_200.jpg h1_10194_detail_200.jpgh_10194_detail_6_200.jpg i_10194_detail_7_200.jpg

j_10194_detail_8_200.jpg k_10194_detail_9_200.jpg l_10194_detail_10_200.jpg m_10194_detail_11_200.jpg

All pictures ©2009 The LEGO Group and used here with permission.

Edited by GRogall
HR official images added

WOW that looks amazing!!

if its a fake then its one of the best i have ever seen!!

hope its real!

(that looks 6-wide!!)

Edited by phoinix

I'm not completly into trains, but that is one hell of a train! It looks a lot like the Märklin trains I used to have...

Thank you very much for that pic, Sebastian! :sweet:

That set (or MOC) really looks :wub: !

I really like the big engine with the tender and the waggon looks really well designed, too! :oh:

The only thing I miss is a second waggon and some more minifigs (three minifigs are very less :sad: )! :sceptic:

I personally think that this picture is no fake:

1. the box art is to professional to be a fake

2. there are some bricks which aren't available until now: the big and little tan window frames, the green round pieces for the boiler and the big wheels.

3. it looks very appealing to AFOLs - exactly that which was promised before

Anyway we'll surely will soon know if this set is real or only a fake because some members of TLG will surely remember this pic in the next days. And if it's right - which I bet - than either the pic gets removed or we get some more information about this set. If we don't hear anything in the next weeks then it's supposably a fake.

But imagine that if it's not a fake (what I think) but we see a pic already now means that it would be released in the next months! :thumbup:

If it's real then I surely will buy it (although it surely will be very expensive)!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Isan't 10194 already a setnumber for something? Anyway looks interesting but kinda fake... :sceptic:

no, there isn't a set with this number.

maybe you mean 10184 (town plan) or 10174 (AT-ST)

also there are sets 10190 (market street), 10191 (star justice), 10192 (space skulls) and 10193 (medieval market), but no 10194

2. there are some bricks which aren't available until now: the big and little tan window frames, the green round pieces for the boiler and the big wheels.

There are five things I noticed:

post-1610-1234609935.gif

(from left to right)

1. this seems to be a new piece with matches with this

2. how are these tan lines built? I hope they aren't stickers...

3. this piece? but it seems like there is a tile on top of it

4. a new piece (like this but lower)

5. are the wheels copied from BBB? In the new issue from railbricks it is said that TLG haven't got informations about these wheels

Anyway we'll surely will soon know if this set is real or only a fake because some members of TLG will surely remember this pic in the next days. And if it's right - which I bet - than either the pic gets removed or we get some more information about this set. If we don't hear anything in the next weeks then it's supposably a fake.

But imagine that if it's not a fake (what I think) but we see a pic already now means that it would be released in the next months! :thumbup:

there are no waterstamps on this picture so I decided to show it here

If this set's a fake, the faker was careful enough not to forget the new buffers. I've no idea if it's a fake or not; I hope it's not. If it's not, we finally have the first leaked picture of a train set. If this is going to turn out to be an official set, I'm wondering how it is powered. PF-power, supposedly; or it might not be powered at all. Just a push-along train, who knows.

Looks genuine to me. The real question? How much will it cost.

I don't own any of the older train sets and this looks like a good set to start my train collection.

Googling the set gave me this:

http://blogg.aftonbladet.se/27585/perma/1091006/

The comment at the bottom of the page dated January 30th (already?) seems to know that the price would be 1100 SEK (about 103 EUR), the release date April 1st.

And these set numbers are also mentioned:

- 8866 Motor

- 8867 Flexible train tracks (???)

- 8878 Rechargeable battery

- 8879 "Fjärr", which I guess means "Remote"?

Now, I don't know what to believe, but if the comment indeed has been posted that early, there might be something into this.

Flexible tracks?

Flexible tracks?

Would explain the Indiana Jones tracks

The comment at the bottom of the page dated January 30th (already?) seems to know that the price would be 1100 SEK (about 103 EUR), the release date April 1st.

Methinks its an April Fools joke that was discovered a tad too early...

5. are the wheels copied from BBB? In the new issue from railbricks it is said that TLG haven't got informations about these wheels

Ben Fleskes is interviewed in RAILBRICKS 5 ("The Steam Issue" - what a "coincidence"?). He gives an interesting non-answer to this question:

RB: Has LEGO contacted you regarding your products? Have they offered to partner with you, like what they did with Hi-Technic?

Ben: It would be a sincere honor to have LEGO choose to distribute Big Ben Bricks train wheels. In terms of official correspondence on the topic, I can't say any more.

Well, at least that's not a flat-out "no".

Edited by paksu

Well, what I find strange is that the female minifig's torso of that supposedly new set looks so bare. There's nothing printed on it, and nowadays there is something printed on the torso of every minifig.

...maybe the female minifig's torso just looks bare because of the quality of the pic. I don't know.

Edited by legotrainfan

I'm crossing all my fingers'n toes that this set is real, because it looks awesome. And cheaper than I dared to expect too!

If it proves to be fake, then it's one heck of a fake. The techniques used, in combination with certain parts is more in line of what one would expect an MD to used and not an AFOL, as the latter would carelessly use old and out-of-production parts when building it. And I'm not talking about the buffers here.

I'm being cautiosly optimistic, but as I said above, I sincerely hope it isn't fake.

well, a lot of people thought the venator was fake (me included), and they were shot down, because it was 100% authentic. I'm sticking to my guns and saying that it's real. I'm American, but I absolutely LOVE this thing, even if it is European design. Actually, I've always liked european steamers just a little bit more than American. The only bad thing is now I'm going to be broke by the end of the year, because of all of the great sets comming out. I could easily see this being 100 dollars.

Googling the set gave me this:

http://blogg.aftonbladet.se/27585/perma/1091006/

Thank you very much for this information, paksu! :sweet:

This :wub: set will already be out in April?! :oh::thumbup:

About the price: I supposably will buy it if it's 100 Euros with motor, battery box, battery and remote control. If you have to buy these things seperately then I surely won't buy it because this would be usury to sell only the big engine, the tender, one waggon and three minifigs for 100 Euros. You'll have to pay tracks for it extra anyway which would make about 150 Euros for the train and tracks to create a circle - and that's imo really enough money!

So let's see.

One thing: I really hope that TLG will then release a seperate set with a single waggon this year, too, since it would look really :sceptic: to have a train with that huge engine and tender and then only one waggon behind it!

there are no waterstamps on this picture so I decided to show it here

My comment wasn't meant to be a criticism, Sebastian. :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Why are there always nay-sayers? :hmpf: I'm pretty sure it's real. In addition to the previously un-released parts already pointed out, we haven't seen train windows in tan yet either.

I'm pretty sure this is real and I definitely hope it is.

I hope it's real, i really really like it! :thumbup:

Too bad it only has 1 coach though, i hope those will become available separatly like the Santa Fe coaches.

I wonder why there is no preliminary, highly confidential blabla stamp on the picture though...

I wonder why there is no preliminary, highly confidential blabla stamp on the picture though...

:classic: Don't the preliminary pictures come from dealer catalogues? If it'll be an exclusive (SAH and Lego Stores only) set, it wouldn't appear in (and then leak from) a dealer catalogue.

Well let's not stop here! Where are the rest of the 2009 exclusives? Bring on the modular building! Make my weekend!

Edited by paksu