Only a few months to go until it's out in stores everywhere, so here's a quick overview of 8070 Supercar!

Boxart:

807084879508.jpg

807014843749.jpg

The new supercar includes a V8 engine, incredible suspension.

807024848721.jpg

807034853313.jpg

807044858394.jpg

It also has moving doors, bonnet & spoiler, controlled by a 'shift lever' & powered by 1 Power Functions Motor!

807054863489.jpg

807064868339.jpg

Here's the B-Model!

807074875249.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for posting this! I didn't realize this model had working suspension. :thumbup:

We'll see what the price is like, but I'd really like to purchase this set when it comes out.

Thanks for posting this! I didn't realize this model had working suspension. :thumbup:

We'll see what the price is like, but I'd really like to purchase this set when it comes out.

Me too! When will the set come out?

What kind of real car does the A model try to replicate in your opinion, any thought? To me it looks European, a slight hint of Aston Martin V8 Vantage, or Jag XKR especially with that horizontal grill placed lower below the headlight. It would be even better with dark silver color.

I too am very excited for this new car to be released. I think it is a very good looking car! I have been trying to build a mixture of this car and crowkiller's car but I am not sure how to get the inner mechanisms to work. :hmpf_bad: does anyone know what the retail price in the U.S. will be?

Yeah. Me too. This kind of ''review'' was posted here few weaks ago. You should read older threads a littlebit. :tongue:

Edited by Povratnik

After some reading I have doubts on this model :sadnew: .

Some people have translated to whether it has 4 functions or a 4 speed gearbox, and the consensus seems to be that the switches inbetween the seats select functions within the car - i.e. it does not have a proper transmission gearbox.

As a great fan of the 8880 I find it quite saddening that opening doors, bonnets, spoiler and boot are listed on the box as features and the consensus is that these are the functions. Improve on the daytona, make a 4WD, 4 wheel steering supercar with independant suspension and a 5 speed box with reverse :classic:, and have the possibility of modding it with powerfunctions with a motor set - like lego used to do (anyone remember motorisation instructions on the last few pages? :classic: ) and I would be a very very happy afol :classic:

Alot of sets still do have instructions for adding a motor. I guess as you have only recently come out of your dark ages you have not encountered any yet.

Remember this is not a flagship like the Daytona Supercar (which really was a supercar) however it is still a fairly large and expensive set so I can totally understand that opening doors and hood being the main features is very dissapointing. Besides the parts selection is better now IMHO (not quite yet reflected in the sets, but the Unimog offers hope). There is no reason why you can't have a car just as fully featured as the 8880 for the same scale and price as this new so called "supercar" and have it motorised. Now that would be something worth buying.

Hi everyone! I am new here and have just come out of a 16 month hiatus and am getting back into Lego and especially the Technic theme.

I am really looking forward to this new set as I just love cars and trucks and their internal mechanics. However there are a few Pros and Cons that I would like to point out that I have observed.

Pros

_____

Great looking body style

Love the scissor/butterfly doors! A first for Lego technic

Full suspension! Something the Ferrari Enzo and Fiorano were lacking

This is kind of a Pro and a Con, but since it is something new, I'll leave it in the Pro section

The motorized functions, Doors opening/Hood opening/Rear Spoiler thing are a welcome addition, but also kind of boring.

Cons

_____

Why is it that most recent technic vehicles do not have a functional steering wheel inside of the car?

While the rear spoiler on the car is neat how it slides under the rear panels, it looks very strange when extended. in the picture as it just kind of hanging outwards. Doesn't appear very realistic.

The seats look really small and forced into the car.

Stickers!!! Ugh!!! Is it me or does there appear to be a fuel cap on the sticker on each side of the rear panels?

Another RED car?!?! :hmpf_bad:

Regardless, this set is a must buy just to see what kind of cool building techniques that the designers used to make everything work and it will certainly make a great addition to my collection.

@TechnicJuan: Thanks for the link to that AFOL site. He has some really amazing cars there! I watched the video for his supercar and it was very impressive both in appearance and functions. The guy definitely has talent.

Edited by MarcusB

This model is pretty awesome. Competition for the best ever Lego car IMO. The only thing that could make this aesthetically better is to add panels on the middle of the bonnet, the roof, and the back. I think that's the biggest flaw Lego cars have. They always have missing body panels.

The 8070-2 (B Model) looks a bit like a 1932 Ford Roadster, with "suicide doors": *oh2*

807074875249.jpg1932_ford_roadster_red_ram_special_3_4_passenger_l.jpg

Edited by DLuders

This model is pretty awesome. Competition for the best ever Lego car IMO. The only thing that could make this aesthetically better is to add panels on the middle of the bonnet, the roof, and the back. I think that's the biggest flaw Lego cars have. They always have missing body panels.

I will not comment properly until I have the set in my collection, but surely the best techinic car for real life functionality would go to the 8880, 8466, 8865, or the 8448? I love the look of the 8880 set.

I will probably get this to extend my stock of powerfunctions stuff and new style liftarm technic though.

I must respectfully disagree with you here. One of the things that makes "Technic" Technic, is the fact that you can see things working and moving. If you cover these things up with panels and plates, then it is changing the theme. :classic: Also Marcus, I agree with you with the rear spoiler. You cannot really see how far out it looks from the front view, but when looking at the rear view pic that is on the box, it does look odd.

The 8070-2 (B Model) looks a bit like a 1932 Ford Roadster, with "suicide doors": *oh2*

807074875249.jpg1932_ford_roadster_red_ram_special_3_4_passenger_l.jpg

Great post and comparison! :thumbup:

Has anyone else noticed that in the pictures of the A model that whoever built it has the steering wheel upside down? :laugh:

Superspeelgoed.nl A very cheap dutch online store has it up for 96 euros, So i expect it to be ~110 euros at lego.com.

110 Euros... that's about $150( *oh2* ). Ouch. I was thinking two-thirds of that price. Let's hope I'm able to afford it when it comes out.

110 Euros... that's about $150( *oh2* ). Ouch. I was thinking two-thirds of that price. Let's hope I'm able to afford it when it comes out.

Its just a wild guess, it might be cheaper :)

I wasn't planning on buying this model untill I saw that 32 roadster B model..!! they could have added some more extra parts though for a better grill..

Edited by BrickDemon

$150 USD seems VERY high for a set with 1286 pieces. I was thinking that it would be more on par with the 8653 or 8145 Ferrari sets at $109.99