noname

Rosh Hashana- Jewish New Year

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish new year, is on next Thursday, so I decided to make a little MOC for it.

First, holiday information:

Scroll down if you don't want to learn something new about Judaism.

There is a Jewish calendar (used today for religious observances by less religious Jews, and as the main calendar for more religious Jews.), and on the first day of the first month (Tishrei) we celebrate Rosh Hashanah, a two-days holiday which opens the "holidays" period,

On the eve of Rosh Hashanah (next Wednesday), there is a big meal, in which several traditional dishes are served:

Apples with honey, to make the next year sweet (it sounds better in Hebrew). it is one of Rosh Hashanah's main symbols.

Pomegranate seeds, so we will have many deeds and rights (as much as the pomegranate seeds)

Sheep head, so we will be "a head and not a tail" (again, in Hebrew it sounds much better). And don't think about it literally, it's a metaphor.

Fish (I don't remember why)-some people also serve fish head.

And many more dishes, depends on your origin (Jews around the world had different traditions)

On the synagogue, there are special prays for Rosh Hashaah, including blowing the Shofar, a ram horn, which is blown to open the gates of heavens, so god will hear our prays.

Now, to the MOC:

Rosh Hashanah's eve, התש"ע (a year on the Jewish calendar, which equals, more or less, to the period between September 2009 and September 2010)

2.JPG

The honey is here...

1.JPG

So are the fish...

3.JPG

We even brought the shofar...

4.JPG

And most important, the food...

5.JPG

The guests are here...

6.JPG

But something is missing.

10.JPG

Where is Flare with the apples?

11.JPG

I'm hungry. Can we start eating now?

11.JPG

No! Wait for Flare.

One hour later...

13.JPG

Flare: Well, your request was a little weird, but I no one has ever invited me to a Rosh Hashanah dinner...

14.JPG

A: I said apples, not chapels!

More views:

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

The SNOT baseplate:

15.JPG

16.JPG

The mini-churches:

17.JPG

combined:

18.JPG

Extra

19.JPG

Hmm, I wonder if LEGO and honey tastes good...

If my information is wrong, blame my parents and my teachers :tongue:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Ooh! Some of your parts are in bad shape! I'd recommend cleaning them or getting new parts.

I know, but I don't have the time to clean them... :cry_sad:

I guess you don't have any comments about the MOC itself?

Edited by noname

Haha nice! I don't think I'd make that mistake though! :tongue:

Oh my God *oh2**huh* What old legos :vader: , but the creation makes me think you are a good builder, but a bad cleaner :grin:

Oh my God *oh2**huh* What old legos :vader: , but the creation makes me think you are a good builder, but a bad cleaner :grin:

I know, but I don't have the time to clean them... :cry_sad:

Read my reply- I don't clean my LEGO at all :tongue:

Haha nice! I don't think I'd make that mistake though! :tongue:

Nice MOC! Trans. Orange actually looks like honey. Great job :thumbup:

Thanks everyone!

Read my reply- I don't clean my LEGO at all :tongue:

That's not a very good attitude. :sceptic: Cleanliness is very important, it makes your legos shine-literally and figuratively. You only take away from them by doing that. I mean look at my USC Starfighter, almost everyone said something about the peeling stickers. IMO, any easily correctable mistakes are inexcusable.

I don't understand why you don't clean up those parts. With the extreme closeups the foods looke quite unapetizing. Also takes away focus from the rest of the MOC. Sorry, just how I feel.

Not to discourage you or anything, but clean bricks are important to any good MOC presentation. So pls. do take that into account in you next creations. Just a friendly advice noname. Your little vignette is not bad at all, just clean up the dirty spots and it'll be all right. The small chapels are the best part of the MOC btw.