Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

Bricklinked Death Star II (10143)

I recently finished bricklinking a UCS Death Star II, and finally got around to putting it up the pictures.

https://www.flickr.c...th/27481130204/

27481130204_bd838dcb7b_n.jpgDeath Star photos by North White, on Flickr

A shot of the front

27480760753_f8b23e3881_n.jpgDeath Star photos by North White, on Flickr

Backside

27481130724_fca96a92df_n.jpgDeath Star photos by North White, on Flickr

A picture of the "Eye." I misordered 2x4 left wedges in dark grey, so I went with it

28061422006_66ba406e59_n.jpgDeath Star photos by North White, on Flickr

The lil' Super star destroyer included for scale. I modded it a bit because I didn't like the conning tower design with the binoculars.

Overall, 10143 is a very fun build, and mostly uses cheap pieces. Mostly. I just went with a dark grey 10x10 dish on top because light grey is way pricey. Otherwise, the main problem was finding enough grey wings from the same seller. That and the fact that I ordered most of the parts at 1am after work, and so I messed up quite a few of the orders :grin:.

Edited by Mesabi

It's way cheaper. Even used on bricklink is close to $1,000. I paid around $300 for parts, and another $100 for shipping. Still more expensive then the original price, but for a 14 year old set, I'm happy with it.

Lego Bricks&Pieces has the LBG 10x10 dish. I bought a few recently, along with a load of 12x3 LBG wedges as they were cheaper than anyone on BL. The 10x10 dish is less than £2 from Lego.

Lego Bricks&Pieces has the LBG 10x10 dish. I bought a few recently, along with a load of 12x3 LBG wedges as they were cheaper than anyone on BL. The 10x10 dish is less than £2 from Lego.

Can you post a link?

@Mesabi Hey! Sorry for reviving this old thread. I’m looking to bricklink this set on my own, and you got away with it rediciously cheap! So, can you provide a parts list or something similar? Thanks!!

@LucasLucas, generally we try not to bump old threads for cluttery reasons, but here are some resources for you.

This is a list of all the parts you'll need. You can create a wishlist based off of them for bricklink, which will allow you to easily buy all of the parts you need. Remember to factor in shipping! It can be quite expensive...

I would create a topic under community if you'd like more tips and tricks for bricklinking an old set. Otherwise, good luck to you :blush:

I know. I'm sorry. :sceptic:. But the problem is, i checked the price of those parts-, and that comes out to about 1k. And you did it for 350-ish right.?. I know it was 2 years ago but prices couldn't have risen that much. :look: 

@Mesabi

Thank you

Best Regards, Lucas

you must have substituted a few parts. I don't know what pieces i can change to lower the price but at the same time not ruin the outside look!.

This is my Substitution list:

4x 32555 Black instead of Red (Invisible)
16x 14181 instead of 2413 (Slighlty Visible)
32x 30364 Light Bluish Gray instead of Tan (Visible)
32x 30365 Dark Bluish Gray  instead of Light Bluish Gray (Slighlty Visible)
Levers are Black instead of Light Bluish Gray (Visible)
16x 32287 Black instead of Pearl Dark Gray (Slightly Visible)

Price below was 500€