Sign in to follow this  
CM4Sci

[Maze] Cat A - LEGO Fairground

Hi everyone!

This is my entry to the Category A category :tongue: of the A-Maze-ing contest, a fairground!

26810482551_408844a18e_b.jpg

The fairground comes complete with everything one would have - rides, vendors, even a big circus tent.

26272794934_1345c9f1d6_b.jpg

You start your journey through the maze by the red and white tent, rolling past the race car ride. Past that are two drop towers, one red, and one blue. (Pardon the really bad arrows :blush:)

26272074044_24d2f3b9e2_b.jpg

Then, you make your way past trees and into the vendor area. There is a variety of food stands such as an ice cream stand, a pie stand, and a hot dog stand! (Which would be a bun but LDD doesn't have that piece yet!)

After that, you go past the Tilt-a-Swing ride, do a couple turns, and curve past the big circus tent in the center. The build is intended to be the same as the water tower in 10246 Detective's Office.

26878058525_465b3d0c7b_b.jpg

Then, you roll under the roller-coaster, past the ferris wheel, over a hill, and reach the end of the race by the blue and white tent! The journey is complete!

26784638812_2a82f8545f_b.jpg

That's my entry! I might improve the map a bit by integrating some of the rides (such as the ferris wheel) into the maze, but until then this is it!

Thank you for looking at my entry, and I hope you enjoy it! :laugh:

Very nice! It's very colorful as a fairground should be and the build of the rides and the vendors is very clever. My only concern is that it would be very difficult to actually roll through the maze with all the gaps and the lack of flat walls. Also, it looks odd having only that small section of the rollercoaster in there, but I know how difficult it is working with those rails in LDD.

Very fun idea, and I'm impressed with how many different vendor stands and rides you were able to recreate so recognizably :thumbup: Clever parts use for the ferris wheel especially :classic:

I'm getting a distinct RollerCoaster Tycoon vibe from this, which is a nice thing. :thumbup:

Edited by rodiziorobs

Aww looks so cute

Love the roller-coaster! Neat parts usage

The vendor area looks amazing!

Excellent entry! Congratulations!

:classic: :classic: :classic:

Nice and colourful, a fun map for happy times. Cool micro builds too. I didn't realise the flower stalk was available in pink.

Nice and colourful, a fun map for happy times. Cool micro builds too. I didn't realise the flower stalk was available in pink.

Yep! In the Disney Princess Arendelle Castle Celebration. Woulda made it white but :tongue:

Edited by CM4Sci

Great job, this definitely looks like a plausible official LEGO maze board with great details all around and a fun gameplay.

Using the shop stalls both as decor and as maze walls is very clever.

It is beautiful! I like microbuilds and colors and overal look. Definitelly I try to build it.

This is so lovely, incredible. The scale is absolutely right for a maze, its not too overwhelming and fits in perfectly into the regular Maze frame. The "walls" are very creative, as are the other microbuilds and the maze seems positively challenging.

Congratulation !

Very colorful , the atmosphere of the carnival is really there !

Edited by Cheatay