Sign in to follow this  
NSKLAM

Seeking Advise: Jedi Council Room

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hello all,

Right now I am attempting to make a MOC of the Jedi Council room

But I can't seem to find any similar moc of the council chamber or of a 'round room'

Can any expert provide some advise / building techniques?

Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

But I can't seem to find any similar moc of the council chamber or of a 'round room'

Thanks in advance.

There are several techniques to make a round room.

For example, you could use plates and connect each other "halfly" (if that is a word).

I've seen several MOCs that use plates for a round structure, I just can't find them for the moment.

You could try using some long 1x(insert-number) pieces, and connect each other by the ends, so it gives it a bit a round structure.

There may be gaps inbetween, so if you want to get rid of that, you should probably try something else.

Hope that helped a little bit...

Good luck!

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

There are a bunch of great tutorials in this index. I'm pretty sure round wall building techniques is in here, chapter 7, although you can take a look at the other tutorials for more info.

Good luck with this MOC, I'll look forward to seeing it finished. :wink:

Hello all,

Thanks in advance.

I haven't seen a Jedi Council Room MOC yet, so there are no reference brickbuilt photos that I could recpmmend, but as JB said, there are a lot of round structures/MOCs around that can be used for building references, just try to look for them

I'm actually planning on doing the Jedi Council Chamber also, it's been on my planned MOC list for quite some time now, but I might be able to do mine by early next year. I know how the round structure poses a building issue, moreso the intricate floor patterns. It would be nice to see your take on this quite challenging MOC, and I'm really looking forward to it. Good luck! :thumbup:

moreso the intricate floor patterns. It would be nice to see your take on this quite challenging MOC, and I'm really looking forward to it.

For the floor, I'd do a SNOT approach with lots of cheese. The wedges are renowned for their ability to create gazillions of intricate patterns when used in SNOT mosaics.

For the floor, I'd do a SNOT approach with lots of cheese. The wedges are renowned for their ability to create gazillions of intricate patterns when used in SNOT mosaics.

That's what I've been thinking too, using cheese slope. But just thinking about it makes my head hurt as it looks like a very difficult challenge to pull-off. Just look at the intricate design:

No_Longer_Pristine.jpg

I'm looking forward how NSKLAM will address this. If laziness will take over me when I do this, I might just go the easy way out and use freakin' water-slide stickers. :devil:

If you don't want to do the intricate patten have you thought about copying Acpins fantastic kamino platform technique heres the link.

Yes that could be done but sadly there are visible gaps. And the Jedi Council Room wouldn't look right without that intricate pattern. I'm not saying it's impossible to do, it's just difficult and pretty challenging to pull-off.

Yes that could be done but sadly there are visible gaps. And the Jedi Council Room wouldn't look right without that intricate pattern. I'm not saying it's impossible to do, it's just difficult and pretty challenging to pull-off.

But could but tile in the gaps :sweet:

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

12629742011_SPLASH.jpg

This one is really good, only problem is that there are too big gaps inbetween the chairs, and there should be twelve.

But that is probably the best option to go for.

~ General Magma

This one is really good, only problem is that there are too big gaps inbetween the chairs, and there should be twelve.

But that is probably the best option to go for.

~ General Magma

Jumper plates and tiles could make that work, but the gaps and structural issues might kill you in the process. :laugh: