Modulex Guy

Modulex MOC: Maersk Container Ship

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I would like to share with everyone my latest MOC made of vintage 1960's Modulex bricks!

P1040959.jpg

P1040953.jpg

P1040956.jpg

P1040955.jpg

P1040957.jpg

And for those who do not know what Modulex is, It was an architectural series made by LEGO in the 1960's, the bricks are smaller than normal LEGO bricks.

A 1x1 Modulex brick is a 5mm cube.

P1060149.jpg

LEGO 3001 2x4 Brick is on the Left!

I barely made a dent in my Modulex collection with this MOC, took me about a day to build.

If you'd like to see this in person, it will be at Brickworld in Wheeling Ill. this year along with more Modulex MOCs. Stop by and say hello. :thumbup:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Man, I love modulex bricks, I'm jealous of your collection, which I know is large.

Great looking ship, its hard to tell its modulex from a distance.

Seriously well built & extremely cool looking :sweet:! Good job! You do have a lot of Modulex stuff, donĀ“t you?

Now I want to see the Statue Of Liberty next :wink:!

Nice! I like the different colours! The shape is pretty spot on too. :thumbup:

BTW, nice pics :grin:

Excellent build in the real CLASSIC 60's/early 70's style 'Polish Guy' - awesome detail top to bottom - nice one ! :wink:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Seriously well built & extremely cool looking :sweet:! Good job! You do have a lot of Modulex stuff, donĀ“t you?

Now I want to see the Statue Of Liberty next :wink:!

I have seen the Statue on Brickshelf, that one os not mine actually, I probably have enough bricks to make it though.

So that's the MOC all your wanted Modulex bricks went to! :oh:

Well done! How many bricks did you use?

So that's the MOC all your wanted Modulex bricks went to! :oh:

Well done! How many bricks did you use?

Its easily over 1000 pieces, Modulex bricks are tiny and I had to use tons of them on the inside of the ship as there is no baseplate underneath its all brick built.

And another thing is, I barely scratched the surface of my Modulex collection, I still have another 30,000 or so pieces. :wacko:

Can we get a picture of the actual set for comparison? I never knew Modulex had anything to do with Lego before. :wacko:

I do not have the LEGO version of the set, this is my own design and I think it might even be bigger than the actual LEGO set.

here is a pic of my collection as of about a month ago:

P1060135.jpg

Since then I probably added another 5 to 6 thousand bricks as I keep buying up the stuff whenever I see it. :grin:

I had no idea this Modulex stuff existed! I really want some now! Awesome tanker by the way!

Well they do have some on Bricklink now, just be ready to dish out some money to get the pieces you want. :wink:

Just a question: what does 'MOC' stand for? :hmpf::sceptic:
MOC = My Own Creation.

Well I think that is right.

Thats right. My Own Creation.

Fantastic MOC Polish Guy! This MOC combined two things I rarely see and those things are the use of Modulux in relatively large (to normal Legos) MOCs, and the elusive Maersk Blue.

Or at least I believe that shade of blue to be close to if not actually Maersk Blue; somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Fantastic MOC Polish Guy! This MOC combined two things I rarely see and those things are the use of Modulux in relatively large (to normal Legos) MOCs, and the elusive Maersk Blue.

Or at least I believe that shade of blue to be close to if not actually Maersk Blue; somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Yup, Maersk blue, or as close as you can get to the current LEGO color.

Not to bad for 40 year old bricks to be in that color. :grin:

and for this MOC, I'm working on a even larger MODULEX MOC and will post it soon. I still have tons of MODULEX to build with. :wacko:

It's fantastic to see such a large Modulex collection be put to such good use! You've done a wonderful job recreating the ship. Thanks for sharing!

But Modulex has continued producing bricks until a few years ago :oh3: . Or not?

The bricks ended in the late 1970's, MODULEX did produce letter tiles and the planning board system until the late 1980's.

Mostly when you here about recent production, its the letter planning board system, but its quite rare since it was a "build to order" system. :wink: