Sign in to follow this  
Forresto

Game of Thrones Discussion

Logo_Game_of_Thrones.png

So i'm a massive Game of Thrones fans, the show though not the books so I guess i'm that sort've plebe. I've seen GoT mocs on Eurobricks before so i've thought that there has to be a dedicated thread to the show, especially given how popular it is. Apparently there isn't so I thought why not start one. With the recent start of season 6 what better timing is there?

I'm just going to make a simple rule of the thread. If what you're saying is a spoiler put the text in spoiler tags. If it's not and just an opinion or commentary on how you felt about the episode in a way that doesn't reveal plot points then you obviously don't have to. I personally would say this rule only applies to the current season but if there are a bunch of people who aren't caught up then it can be extended.

Anyway enough about rules, this is such a great show onto the discussion!

Warning Possible Spoilers Ahead!

I thought the opening episode, The Red Woman was very interesting. Ser Davos continues to be one of my favorite characters.

Edited by Forresto

WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD I love how ser davos took charge of the situation with jon snows dead body and looks like its end of the nights watch with tormund and the wildlings helping team dead snow

I cant wait to see Robert strong aka zombie mountain gregor clegane in action against the faith militant

I think daario naharis is the true leader of the sons of the harpy

great to see sansa , theon , brienne and pod together

Ser Davos has such a good heart to him, I can't help but think he'll die soon. I mean, that's what happens to likable characters on GoT!

How long will his criminal past protect him? lol

Well it finally happened Jon snow's fate has been revealed. That whole ending with the witch trying to bring him back was extraordinarily tense for me. And Hodor can talk? whoa

Ser Davos has such a good heart to him, I can't help but think he'll die soon. I mean, that's what happens to likable characters on GoT!

How long will his criminal past protect him? lol

That worries me to lol

Love this series. I just finished the fifth book (the books are better, in case anyone was wondering) and am on the fifth season of the show. So far a pretty decent adaptation, although I've heard terrible things about how Dorne has been handled.

I loved the last episode!

The young Ned Stark scene was excellent. That might even be one of the best sword fights i've seen in a movie or tv show. This is due to the fact everyone was fighting the two sworded guy at once rather then one at a time. The ending line was great, and totally unexpected. "My watch has ended!"

Although it irks me that Jon is leaving right as Sansa is arriving so they're probably just going to miss each other :hmpf_bad:

Love this series. I just finished the fifth book (the books are better, in case anyone was wondering) and am on the fifth season of the show. So far a pretty decent adaptation, although I've heard terrible things about how Dorne has been handled.

As someone who has only watched the show i'm not a big fan of how Dorne has been handled so I don't know if that says anything. They have cool designs and an interesting athsetic that stands out from the other kingdoms but personally besides that I could care less about them. For me the writers did a terrible job of making me feel attached to any of the characters there.

Edited by Forresto

I find it interesting that GRRM and the showrunners have devoted so much time and pages to the goings-on in Dorne. I can't see how they fit into the expected endgame.

I find it interesting that GRRM and the showrunners have devoted so much time and pages to the goings-on in Dorne. I can't see how they fit into the expected endgame.

To me it seems that Dorne is going to now back Young Rhaegar, since Daenerys sort of failed Quentyn. That sets up a pretty big divide between Dany and her goal...I honestly don't know what the hell the show is doing with Dorne though.

As someone who has only watched the show i'm not a big fan of how Dorne has been handled so I don't know if that says anything. They have cool designs and an interesting athsetic that stands out from the other kingdoms but personally besides that I could care less about them. For me the writers did a terrible job of making me feel attached to any of the characters there.

Dorne is decently interesting in the books, but the show makes it feel so small. I like a few of the characters from the book dorne plot, but none from the show.

Episode 8:

Mixed feelings about this episode; I'm a little disappointed that they've continued with dismantling Jaime's redemption this season with all the 'all that matters is Cersei' talk. They should've gone down the road of her resenting him for not beign able to save Myrcella in time instead of keeping his character going this way.

Beric and Thoros are back huzzah, but unfortunately no sign of LSH. Whatever, there's still 2 episodes left so plenty of time if they're going with her.

Arya's time with the FM wrapped up - back to Westeros to finish her list.

On a sidenote, I really like how HBO have been able to keep the continuity of actors going for characters they're bringing back like the Blackfish, Edmure, etc. It's a minor thing but when we look back and re-watch the series when its over, I think we'll appreciate "hey those characters were all missing Seasons 4-5 but they were part of the story the whole time!"

Episode 9 woah...

That may have been one of the greatest battle sequences to ever be put on film, telvision or cinema. Ramsay's ruthlessness, the battle at the line of dead bodies, or the moment the cavalry clashed. Rickon though mate, why the flippin heck did you not zig zag?

I was extremely worried that the television budget wouldnt accomadate for a large battle, I have never been more happy about being wrong. Hardhome and Battle of the Bastards may be up there as my favorite episodes of the series. I absolutely love dialogue episodes, I find all of the character development really interesting, but when the series does a battle they have so far always done them exceedingly well!

Edited by Forresto

S06E09:

Predictable episode plot, but still super enjoyable nonetheless. I think everyone knew the Deus ex machina with the Vale was happening but I was still on the edge for most of the episode. Also no GNC, like, at all.

Davos and Melisandre confrontation next week, he looks mad over the toy stag.

The Meereen plot seemed rather rushed but understandably so to make time for the North. Daenerys's return from last week where she just landed on the Great Pyramid and waltzed in kind of continues here with her just burning one ship and the Yunkish soldiers dip right afterwards. I assume Theon/Yara are going to replace Victarion but I'm not quite sure how show Euron's story is going to play out.

GNC?

I was actually a little saddened by Jon and Sansa's behaviors. He's never lot control like that before, has he?

And I think Sansa has spent WAY too much time around absolutely nasty people: Cersei, Littlefinger, Ramsay, etc

GNC?

I was actually a little saddened by Jon and Sansa's behaviors. He's never lot control like that before, has he?

And I think Sansa has spent WAY too much time around absolutely nasty people: Cersei, Littlefinger, Ramsay, etc

See spoiler for response (potential book spoiler ahead):

1. In the books, there's a lot more tension between the Boltons and every other remaining House in the North. They're all more or less resentful of the Boltons for backstabbing the Starks, and most fans think they would turn on them in an instant to support the remaining Starks at the right time.

It makes sense that Jon for snapping like that at the end - after the certain someone, unnamed for spoiler reasons, was killed on the field you'd want to destroy/mercilessly beat the person responsible. Not to mention everything else the Boltons did to his family.

Agreed on the third point.

Double post but initial reaction to season 6 finale:

R+L=J CONFIRMED. AT LONG LAST.

Also now we have a billion kings/queens again.

I think I can react without totally spoiling the episode...

Holy $#!+.

That was AMAZING.

Arya getting her first kill as a faceless man. (And the who and the how! )

King Tommen's exit.

Cersei's new chair

Lady Mormont. AGAIN.

Bran's mission north of the wall is over?

Yet another new Hand? I suspect this one will live a bit longer than the previous ones.

How the heck did Varys and his new friends get back so fast?

...and the Tower of Joy? Anyone who doesn't read/watch/follow all the theories still might not understand what the heck happened there. Why the hell did she whisper it in such a way that neither we, nor Bran could hear what she said? Honestly, only the mother's identity was confirmed there.

...and I never expected that last shot until next year some time!

Edited by rollermonkey

Re: your TOJ remark, rollermonkey:

Probably to build up suspense until the last minute for show-only watchers. The only really inaudible part is where Lyanna says 'his name is ____', which judging by lip reading is something like Aemon or Aegon (probably the former since Prince Aegon was already born by then). Other than the unnecessary muttering I'm glad R+L=J is finally canon, even though literally every theory of the last 5 years is based upon it being true.

Holy carp in a shallow pond!

Woah that was an incredible episode! Not just in the huge momentum injected into the story now but the way that opening was shot. The music! I loved seeing how each of the characters prepared for the trial and then how they intertwined everything to the climax of the Sept being wiped from the face of Westeros. I imagined Cersi's revenge would be bloody but I did not expect that. Every single one of her enemies are dead. So many major characters gone in the blink of an eye. Poor Tommen, I never hated him only pitied his naiveté in a world that chews up innocence and spits it out.

Arya shouldn't be able to do the face thing but her slaughter of Walter Frey was so satisfyingly brilliant I actually don't care about that plothole. I know it's more likely a Titus reference with feeding him his own suns but I got a more Sweeny Todd vibe from the meat pies and slashing of the neck.

How likely is a Tyrion/Khaleesi matchup? I could actually see that.

That library is very cool but is it in King's Landing?

Littlefinger and Sansa worry me. I doubt she would ever betray Jon but she's not confiding to him about her interactions with Littlefinger either.

Edited by Forresto

Apparently HBO is sending Ramin Djawadi and an orchestra around North America for a GOT concert tour: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/08/game-thrones-concert-tour-dates

The Toronto date is in March and I'm seriously considering getting a ticket for it, but I did say the same thing about that Zelda 30th Anniversary concert 4 years ago and never ended up going. So we'll see, but it's certainly very tempting.

I liked the episode.  The cameo by Ed Sheeran was cool.  It will be interesting to see what the nights watch does this season.  I'm just waiting for another epic battle. 

I justed started (binge) watching... so far I'm at Season 4. S1 was a snorefest, S2 somewhat better, but S3 & S4 are great!

Spoiler

Just some thing I have to say; the wedding massacres, both of them: wow, just wow. Didn't expect that.*huh*
Robb Stark didn't deserved that! King Joffrey however deserved to die, despicable little kid, what an asshat.

Edited by -zenn