slovakiasteph

Modular Madness: Theatre

indexed.gif B-M-07A

I wasn't sure if I was going to build a mini modular as I've only done one mini project in the past, but I decided to give it a try! Just for completeness' sake. :blush:

So, here is my mini theatre! It has a little sandwich board outside with a special offer and two light-up signs on the side announcing the current play.

EDIT: I've updated with a "white" version of the theatre. I still have some playing around to do with the columns, but it's definitely lighter, and I think it fits the overall minimodular town better.

Here 'tis:

lego_032-001.jpg

First version:

lego_017.jpg

lego_021.jpg

And, because I thought it looked a little "dark," I decided to add a light brick. :laugh:

lego_020.jpg

With the other modulars... it's a bit more modern, perhaps.

lego_002.jpg

And, view from the back...

lego_009.jpg

I'll probably still play around with the roof in the back... I don't like the way it looks very much.

Link to brickshelf folder, of course... http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=506201

Edited by Phred

Looks good, although the black makes it too "dark" for a modular setting. While they do use darker, more subtle colours than regular Lego sets, they're overwhelmingly colourful, with dark accents. That's my suggestion, take it or leave it, but it does look really good for a start! :thumbup:

Edited by Dakar A

Looks good, although the black makes it too "dark" for a modular setting. While they do use darker, more subtle colours than regular Lego sets, they're overwhelmingly colourful, with dark accents. That's my suggestion, take it or leave it, but it does look really good for a start! :thumbup:

Yes, I agree it's too dark.... see update. I'll still play around with it because I don't quite like the way it looks; it doesn't have the "polished" look of my first version.

I like it 'slovakiasteph', quite a good design there.....have you any silver 2x1 grille tiles ? You could replace those dark bluey's with them and running in the other direction too. :wink: (the roof might bling a little more then :wink: )

Good luck and Brick On 'slovakiasteph' ! :grin:

Good work, minis are quite challenging :thumbup:

I agree that some brighter colors would make it fit with the mini modulars better.