Lord Vladivus

Leaves on the Wind Fall as They Will.

Northern Nocturnus, at the border with Mitgardia. Smoke drifts lazily through the cool mountain air of the Northern Rakath, from a small barbarian encampment. An ice-cold, bubbling mountain stream runs through the camp, and salmon leap from the clear waters.

14639737888_1345646557_c.jpg

Into this idyllic setting strolls Taun-Li, the famed Master-Sensai of Panjitsu. Few expect him to actually be a panda, but the Nocturnian is comfortable with that- it works well for his current occupation. Taun-Li is working for Lord Vladivus, the Legendary Warlord of Nocturnus, aiding him in hiring warriors to fight against the Black Spire.

14639708449_602af20060_c.jpg

This particular barbarian tribe is the Kanucka Head Takers. Well organised and militaristic, they subsist here in the mountains on a diet of fresh salmon, speared from the river by tribesmen.

14639732208_925ccc4352_c.jpg

Taun-Li strides accross the bridge, and is greeted by the tribes Chieftain, Oran Limbsmasher. The chieftains black cloak swirls in the air, and his bearing is proud and noble.

14803342786_7ab30791c3_c.jpg

Oran: "Greetings. We do not often have your kind visit this far North!"

Taun-LI: "Leaves on the wind fall as they will. I come with an offer from Lord Vladivus."

14639721878_7ba508c7fb_c.jpg

Oran: "Do you? And what if I refuse this offer?"

14639663780_0123c736dd_c.jpg

Taun-Li: "Then I am to return you to the earth. All Nocturnians must stand and fight. Take a side. You are either with us, or against us There is no neutral ground."

Oran: "Then what would the Lord Vladivus have me do?"

Taun-Li: "Take your warriors over the border to Mitgardia, and prepare for the coming troubles there. I shall be accompanying you."

14639664650_5c4897c575_b.jpg

Oran accepted the offer, and Taun-Li gave him a week to prepare his kinsmen, before leaving to prepare himself.

A build mainly to try out water, and I wanted to use the panda guy costume, and it also leads into the Mitgardian Challenge. Hopefully. C+C welcome!

Amazing MOC once again. Really love the barbarians, and the water turned out just fine, if you ask me. I don't have any experience with water but it looks cool! Maybe a salmon jumping out of the water would be cool, but that's just me. Great work!

Thanks Alfadas! I wanted to throw in some different characters for the Mitgardian challenge, essentially ones I'm not too bothered about dying etc, but I've gotten rather attached to Taun-Li. He might find his way onto the Council of Shadowmere!

Very nice MOC, the water looks good to me, and I really like the detail you have put into this build, such as the barbarian drum, and also the stairs carved from the rock. All in all, I think this is a really nice build!

Very nice MOC, the water looks good to me, and I really like the detail you have put into this build, such as the barbarian drum, and also the stairs carved from the rock. All in all, I think this is a really nice build!

Thanks! It wasn't meant to be a drum, more of a wood chopping block! Haha!

Nice work Vlad, the trees are excellent, especially the large cluster to the left. Nice job with the rock work as well. As usual I enjoyed the story as well

I really like the rockwork, the stone staircase, the river, the terrain the fortress. Everything fit together almost perfectly. :thumbup:

I saw this on flickr last night and am very glad to see it already attached to a story! I'm looking forward to this upcoming challenge. It's going to be great to see other's take on Mitgardia.

Nice MOC and interesting story, Vlad! :thumbup:

With the water though, I've seen people use trans-colored tiles a lot. Or with those studs, don't actually place them, just fill the area with them so it seems even more full. I would try it but I an no where near having the right amount for water! :sceptic:

Nice build Lord Vladivus. I like Taun-Li a lot as a character. He's silly looking, naturally, but sounds like a badass. I can reproduce him with my own collection... would you mind if I featured him in a build if I ever have an idea for one?

Love the barbarians also. The landscaping is wonderfully blended and varied for a relatively small space. I would maybe add a border of some kind for presentation.

Cheers guys!

Thanks Behemoth, I'm planning on trying a variety of techniques, to convey various water types- this one is supposed to be a small, ice-cold, mountain stream with clear waters!

Go for it mccoyed! He's very much a nomadic kind of person. And yes, he is a badass.

Great build! Nice use of the brown fender piece for the bridge!

BTW, whats this talk about the next challenge? Did I miss something?

He means the next big Historica Challenge/Chapter of Book 2 is going to be Mitgardia.

Another solid build. :thumbup: The smoke coming off the fire is a nice touch that I haven't seen used like that before. I wonder how high you can get with the ice cream stack before it falls over...

Cheers. Probably not that high, unless you're really good at balancing! I only have a couple of ice cream pieces, so I can't try it.

That is some awesome landscaping and the use of the panda costume is great! I also like your barbarians, they look good, but they will freeze when they go to Mitgardia in these clothes :laugh:.

One of your best builds yet. The landscape is sweet, I like the little river and trees especially :thumbup: Also the figs and palisade look good.

And I love the hatchet stuck in a log :wub:

Excellent job Lord Vlad, you've really been topping yourself here lately sir! There's a ton to appreciate in this build, like the wonderful landscaping, trees and rockwork (great job with the stairs!). I love all the thought that's been put into this scene, like that perfect cluster of pine trees (nice shadow effect with the dark green too!) and the off-stud bridge. I very much enjoyed the story and the tie in to the big events happening in Nocturnus.

My only suggestion would be to add some blue plates/bricks under those trans-clear round plates so you don't see the brown underneath. That way I think you can still get the whitewater effect of a rolling river but still get that blue hint from the calmer water at the bottom of the stream. Considering the length of the stream I would recommend some elevation changes along the river, even if just by a plate or two.

In any case, another fantastic build by you!

Edited by MassEditor

Simon, those barbarians are made of hard stuff!

Thanks SK!

Thanks Mass! Yeah, the river was a first time thing, I was pretty happy, but I still want to improve! Difficult to do water in Lego!

Edited by Lord Vladivus

I really like your landscaping on this LV....! The panda is also a nice touch to the story xDD

Edited by Gunman