CopMike

Color Change by AFOLs?

From Jan Beyer:

Hi all, now we got tons of feedback so it is time for the community to vote. Please distribute the below link to the voting site asap and make it public everywhere among all AFOLs so we get as good feedback as possible and as many people to vote as possible so we get a good chance to actually influence that.

Thanks. Jan

gallery_148_37_54998.jpg

Go here to vote for your top 5 BASIC elements

Go here to vote for your top 5 various elements

Hmnn, this is the sort of thing that makes me wish that methods like Schulze's would be more popular. In the current format, if for some reason the 10 pieces I pick are not very popular, my vote would go to waste. Say that maybe besides the 10 recolors I would most like, I'd also prefer option X more than Y and X and Y turn to be in the top places overall, that preference would be ignored.

I voted for many transparent pieces. Specially the trans yellow wedges and wings, pretty cool ideas.

Vote 1 "x69" Cypress in dark green!

Done, cuz that would be AWESOME! :thumbup:

I encourage you guys to vote for 50745 Vehicle, Mudguard 4 x 2 1/2 x 2 with Arch Round in light bluish gray!

It'd be useful for castle decor, space detailing, and town vehicles and architecture, and it's a really glaring omission that we don't have this piece in such a basic color yet!

Agreed and done.

I tell ya though...it's TOUGH trying to limit it to five of each category. I mean, I realize it makes me sound like a greedy pig but...I WANT ALMOST ALL OF 'EM! (especially trees in 'fall' colours...BEYOND COOL!) :laugh:

Edited by Ogre

O M G that was so hard. So many really cool pieces and only five votes. Nigh on impossible to choose. To be honest I think all the parts in all the colours would be fantastic.

Had to vote for the dark green cypress tree.

Vote for the 48 x 48 Tan baseplate in the various elements category.

Regardless of whether you build castle, pirates, wild-west, or city, we can all use tan baseplates!

Thanks.

In the basic elements, what is the difference between 5 & 6? Also, looking at #2 they call dark green transparent brown?

I also don't think that 5 votes is enough. Especially with all the choices and variation among the parts. For example, I would like to see the leaf pieces in fall colors, though I don't have much of a preference between, red, orange, brown. And I don't have much preference on the particular leaf piece. Though I do think getting only one size in one color would be kind of useless...

Same issue on the hair pieces. I'd love to see them in new colors (particularly in white or greys), but I don't have that much of a preference on which hair piece gets the elderly treatment.

Its also hard to keep track of your votes and not submit more than 5.

Nonetheless, I still think it is very cool that we get to have some say in the new colors... :thumbup::thumbup:

Steve

Man this is a tough choice...

Had to pick 88283 Hair Mid-Length Tousled with Center Part - Tan and 85961 Minifig, Armor Breastplate with Back Stud - Black

amazing choices.

I personally went with:

83 49668 Plate Modified 1 x 1 with Tooth Medium Stone Grey (194)

86 3794 Plate Modified 1 x 2 with 1 Stud (Jumper) Earth Green (141)

183 63864 Tile 1 x 3 Earth Blue (140)

229 3933 Wedge Plate 8 x 4 Wing Left Transparent Yellow (44)

230 3934 Wedge Plate 8 x 4 Wing Right Transparent Yellow (44)

27 x206c01 Bear (Polar bear) Black (26)

77 88283 Hair Mid-Length Tousled with Center Part Brick Yellow (5)

124 bb406 Minifig, Headgear Helmet Army Dark Stone Grey (199)

150 2423 Plant Leaves 4 x 3 Bright Orange (106)

151 2423 Plant Leaves 4 x 3 Bright Red (21)

the fall leaves and black bear are just super ridiculously inspired. kudos to whoever suggested them.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Wow...this is so awesome!

I voted for the white and light bluish grey laptops, I guess the guy who suggested them share the same dream with me。。。 :tongue:

Awesome idea!

For the special elements I voted for all 3 horses color changes! This would be fantastic to see some variety from the same old black/white/brown version.

I also went with the black bear and the flesh colored fish option. :wub:

To be honest, I just want some of those parts return regardless of the color, like the laptop.

*oh2* My 100th post.

Edited by lisqr

I'd like to see some of the trans-clear tiles, plates, and jumper plate elements.

They do currently exist as modelshop Q elements, but are rare and expensive on Bricklink. Very useful for microscale architecture, cars, and planes. Just look at some of the brick-built windshields and aircraft canopies by Ralph S...

Vote 1 "x69" Cypress in dark green!

I also agree with this one. I never had the chance to buy any Lego sets using the piece in its original green color, so new dark green versions of it would be great!

I'm surprised there weren't any reddish brown curved slope options since they would work well for customized boat hull shapes. For my latest MOC, I really need parts of that type and color. In the place of being able to vote for such parts, I opted for dark green curved slopes since I'd love to see more of those as well.

Too many awesome choices in both categories! 5 were not enough. Toughest decisions I had to make all day, LOL!

It's great they give us the opportunity to vote!

I'm a big fan of tan pieces, very usefull for MOC's so I voted for that colour mostly.

48x48 tan baseplate FTW :)

Wow, could have used 10 choices in each category. When I love Sand green, dark tan, tan and dark brown it is difficult to pick only five. Cheese, tiles, bricks, clips, dark orange tree pieces, its all good!

I was really hoping for minifig part colour changes, particularly the bandanna and the bobbed female hairstyle (which were two of my suggestions). I also voted for the black 32 x 32 baseplate.

In the second list I voted for transparent clear parts: I'd suggested clear slope parts, but after seeing how horrendously rare and expensive 1 x 1 tiles were I voted for them too.

Such a shame I could only vote for five items in both lists.

bb424 Brick Round Corner 3 x 3 x 2 Dome Top Tan

bb424 Brick Round Corner 3 x 3 x 2 Dome Top Dark Bley

A must for my town, would have picked light grey too but needed that vote for:

87079 Tile 2 x 4 Tan

87079 Tile 2 x 4 Dark Bley

6881 Tile 6 x 6 White

the x4 tiles resemble old flagstones so had to vote for those and the 6x6 in white would do me for building cladding or corridor floors in my hospital.

3811 Baseplate 32 x 32 Black

3811 Baseplate 32 x 32 Dark Brown

black baseplates are awesome so had to vote for this and dark brown for variation in farm fields or old buildings

4719c01 Bicycle, Complete Assembly Lime

bicycles in any colour are good but voted for lime to get away from primary colours

x69 Green Plant, Tree Cypress Dark Green

like I said before this was a must have vote. I'd have picked this in any green to be honest

48288 Technic, Tile 8 x 16 White

again thinking about my hospital. I really don't like light bley so it had to be white.

It'll be interesting to see which parts win this vote. Looking forward to the results being announced.

I have found a way to vote for ALL of your favorite peices! Once you vote refresh the page, unselect all th eones you chose before, and vote for 5 new ones. This can be done as many times as wanted. Not sure if it works after you already confirmed your votes though. :classic: