15 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Ok, this is my first preview, I'd like to start with a new masterpiece for every SW lego fan

REBEL scout speeder.

After about 8 years, TLC give us rebels minifigs, with weapon (not megaphone) and new and sweet oohhhh very sweet casco!

and so, the photos:

box, very well made, gourgeus when you see in the boxshelf

4 stars ****

scatola1pb5.th.jpg

scatole2fk3.th.jpg

opening the box... with a great emotions... i see... i see... rebels!!!!!!! woah!!!! :'-)

contenutoog7.th.jpg

instruction... quite easy and simple, like TLC other product

istruzionipr2.th.jpg

new and unique part (without visor) very well: 5 stars! *****

cascomd1.th.jpg

mmm, i dont like stickers... ( :-X ) only 1 star *

stikerszz9.th.jpg

wow, look this! obviously 5 stars *****

rebelso5.th.jpg

the heart of the set... 12,99 euros for this yummy boys

reblgroupog9.th.jpg

rebelscf3.th.jpg

nuovo2qy8.th.jpg

ok, we trying to assemble the bricks!

buildingupeg2.th.jpg

the speeder.. is somethink like an electric iron, only a excuse to give us the troopers... |-/ only 2 stars **

speeder3dh5.th.jpg

speeder2az4.th.jpg

speeder4nf4.th.jpg

hurray, go to fight against the evil empire!

nuovoxr1.th.jpg

nuovo3ql8.th.jpg

and at the end, spare parts!

sparepartsgh1.th.jpg

at least i think that this is a very beautiful minifigs set. NOTE: not a bricks set, a minis set.

So if you like build your rebel army and sell bricks is very good,

if you want a good star wars speeder :-X don't give him a chance!

overall

props:

4 minis

4 blasters (2 rifles, 2 pistols)

price (12,99 euros)

slops:

pink faces (sob, i prefer yellow...)

stickers,

speeder bad designed

I hope to give you a good visual report

may be the force with you

nausicaakro

Edited by KimT

2 stars for the speeder? i reckon it has a pretty good design, cant wait to make an alternate model out of it >:-)

godd reveiw btw *y*

EDIT: 666 post 8-

Edited by hollisbrick

First, welcome to EB!

Second, thanks for the review, it's nice to see a new member jump right in like this!

Third, you're wrong! >:-( X-D

Ok, ok, I really like the speeder, I sincerely do. I despise the imperial dropship (crapship), but I think this one is actually pretty nice. I haven't had the heart to take it apart and expect to leave a couple assembled.

I am with you on stickers though and I'm not applying them to either set.

As for what to do with all the spare speeders when you end up buying this for the figures, I'm thinking of trying something like the little pilot transport seen in A New Hope on Yavin 4. Or maybe a super bobsled! :-D

I love my rebels!!! *wub* They're awesomeness is almost better than that of clones. But the speeder...I put it together, hated it, took it apart, tried to MOC with it, but the bricks are just so bad for MOCing I quickly gave up. Then I put the speeder back together. Ugh. How I hate the vehicle in this set.

Thanks for the reviews.

The Rebel speeder looks better than the imperial Crapship, but the Dropship has a big advantage: STORMIES!!! Can't stand those rebel helmets; they are great big, but the face and the rest of the body has no protection. Strange...

I like everything about this set. The speeder, the parts, the minifigs, even the price is pretty good. One of the best LEGO sets in years - and it's under

Excellent review Nausicaakro. Welcome to Eurobricks!

Even though I have to agree with some of my other Eurobricks colleagues that I quite like the speeder, I'm always interested in a different point of view that's nicely stated like yours.

Like you I too would prefer yellow faces, mainly because I've been a Star Wars Lego collector since the line started, and most of my figs are still yellow, so I'd like the new ones to match! I've managed to find yellow replacements for most of my new Star Wars figs, but this one's got me stumped. I can't find a yellow face with a chin strap. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Yes! A good review of this set, finally my mind has been put to rest after buying some of them for the people, they look plain out bad in the catalogue.

I thought the vehicle was OK, except for the fact that IT HAS NO STEERING WHEEL!!! How are the rebels supposed to steer the damn thing? Thought control??? I know the designer had to cut down parts, but something that essential? Ouch...

Just finished it. Thanks Yoda for being on a late shift today as I started building the second it was delivered.

Yeah, it's a nice set. Those rebel troopers are great, especially the helmets. My one quibble would be that that they've all got the same expression!

And the Speeder has no controls.

This and the Dropship make a great combined set.

Thank you for a very nice review with many good and informative pictures! *y*

A lovely set indeed. :'-)

My one quibble would be that that they've all got the same expression!

yeah, I think that was better if they had different faces / expression... maybe in future other rebel sets... really we need a rebel captain!!

or a mon-calamari! :'-)

nausicaakro

My idea of buying this set was wavering a bit, but thanks to your awesome review, I'm now sure I want it! X-D So, thanks for the great review, has anyone noticed how Legos usually look really small in pictures (Im not being stupid) I'm serious, like, you see a picture of a set like this or the motorcycle chase, and you figure "Meh, it's not that big" but when you get it, it's like 8-

oh yes, me too.

I see a set in a picture and I think: ok, it is quite smal... after I built it and: SBAM! surprise! It is large! Where i can put it? I cannot buy set too much large... i don't have space! |-/

So, yes, for me lego seems smaller that in reality... :-D

nausicaakro

Rebel Scout Speeder

lego-7668-1.jpg

I picked this up a year ago. It was my very first lego star wars set! Now, let's get on with the review!

Model: *****

I really loved the design for the speeder. The lazer turret is meant to be detatchable. The great design has made this speeder the official ride for my custom minifig. In short, THE SPEEDER RULES!!!!

Minifigures: ****

I loved how they gave the rebels their design from episode IV. These four rebels would have gotten 5 stars if the set came with a storm trooper for them to chase in their speeder. :laugh:

acessories: ***

Wow. 4 guns. The exact kind that come with every $10.00 set nowadays. *Yawn*

Price: *****

$10.00

This is quite a bargain for a set like this! I recommend you to go and buy this right now!

Overall: *****

It has a few flaws, but the speeder deserves 5 stars. I command you to buy it now!

Edited by Brad-The-Brick

Thanks for the review, but can you try to post some pictures? Almost all EuroBricks reviews have pictures.

I posted one.

He means pictures of the set you own. It's a pretty pointless review to show the official computer image. You need box pictures, and withing build pictures, and pictures of the angles. So, if you're interested in reviewing, then you should go to the Bonaparte's reviewers academy, where they teach you how to take good pictures, and make "worthy" reviews.

I would give you a link, but my computer's being a pain and I'm lazy. :tongue:

He means pictures of the set you own. It's a pretty pointless review to show the official computer image. You need box pictures, and withing build pictures, and pictures of the angles. So, if you're interested in reviewing, then you should go to the Bonaparte's reviewers academy, where they teach you how to take good pictures, and make "worthy" reviews.

I would give you a link, but my computer's being a pain and I'm lazy. :tongue:

I believe that it is still a WIP

Edited by Legoman31

Brad-The-Brick, welcome to Eurobricks. :classic:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, on the Rebel Scout Speeder set, but reviews in Eurobricks is much more than meet the eye with more involvement and preparation in terms of content, structure and images. Take a look at the Star War's review index which was done by our members. If you are interested to find out more about reviewing and and develop interest, you could sign up for the Reviewers Academy.

If this is WIP, I am gladly to amend the title for you to reflect the changes.

WhiteFang

Topic has been merged with the review.

I know you posted this as a review, but it's more of a comment on the set and since we already have 2 reviews of this set, then I've merged this comment of yours into one of them.

Welcome to Eurobricks.