Sign in to follow this  
Manx

[SoNE Ep. V] Lumberjacks

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Tatooine ...

Empire is preparing to strike back ... They have some plans and Alliance have to know about them as much as possible. Some aliens, who are in mood to cooperate with Alliance know something about those plans. Alliance have to come in contact with them. They sent one of the rebels, Manx, to find one of those aliens and make a contact with him. Manx really found him, with help of his relatives who live there and Harkin, the Bothan, has a knowledge about Imperial plans ... Before he could explain Manx what it's all about, they saw, in the middle of their walk through Mos Eisley, some sandtroopers approaching Jack O'Lumber, the owner of one and only forest company far away. He was very famous and it seems that Imperials wanted something from him. But what can Empire want from a forester? To chop some trees ?

2014-05-31_16.33.04.jpg

2014-05-31_16.33.49.jpg

2014-05-31_16.34.04.jpg

2014-05-31_16.34.14.jpg

2014-05-31_16.34.23.jpg

2014-05-31_16.36.03.jpg

2014-05-31_16.36.10.jpg

2014-05-31_16.36.31.jpg

2014-05-31_16.38.20.jpg

Very interesting ship, mate! It has a true lumberjack shape - big, strong and unshaved! I also like the small details such as gun, engines and opening doors! Minifigs are also very colorful and interesting, I like how you included diffrent specieses. Is Jack O'Lumber a houk?

Edited by MontyPython

Nice story an good looking MOC!

The idea and making of the ship is great too!

markus

Another nice ship. I really like the fact how this one resembles an axe for a bit...It definetly looks like a lumberjack's ship, with all those browns and pretty utalitarian look. It's good there are no unneeded elements like way too big cannons or escape pods. It's just a piece of muscle to get the woodchopping going, so good job on that aspect! I also like the balance between straight lines and rounded pieces in this one. Those panels were a great idea, and they give the ship some personality. And it really needed that, because I'm beginning to think that a lot of your ships - while great - resemble each other quite heavily. They always have that boxed shape, and then you seem to add on different elements to make it look different. this is by no means meant as an offense, I'm only encouraging you to explore new horizons. Because a ship isn't made by it's features alone. Sometimes, the shape alone makes it interesting and different, no matter how bland the rest may be. Take the TIE fighter as an example: basically a sphere sandwiched between two plates. But that shape gives it character, and it doesn't need a lot of detailing to make it look good. that's why it's so iconic. The box concept, on the contrary, has been used a lot, and you need to make sure yours stand out. You already do that by giving it that nice battered look. But maybe something more radical wouldn't hurt. Take those rounded elements a step further, expand on those slopes - all great elements that you already have, but don't exploit to the fullest. I'm very eager to see what you will build when you let your imagination run truely free! Because interesting shapes combined with your already great ship building skills, might deliver some great ships!