• 5-6 Average
    • 7-8 Above Average
    • 9-10 Amazing
  2. 2. Will you buy this set?

• I won't buy this set
    • I will buy this set
    • I will buy this set multiple times

Hello again everyone!

Didn't plan on buying this set but I found it on sale and I needed a Sabine minifig. (Good reasons I know)

You are probably all waiting for summer a wave reviews or some episode VII images but this set has not been reviewed yet.

So here is my fourth review: Ezra's Speeder Bike!

Name: Ezra's Speeder Bike

Theme: Star Wars / Rebels

Year: 2015

Pieces: 253

Minifigures: 3

Price: USA 19.99$, ENG 19.99£, CAN 24.99$, EUR 26.99€

Ressources: Brickset

Lego store description

Outsmart the Stormtrooper aboard Ezra’s Speeder Bike!

The Stormtrooper on his speeder bike is hot on the heels of Ezra. But on his own customized speeder bike, the young rebel has a surprise in store! As they round a corner, Ezra slams on the brakes and sends his pursuer shooting past… right into the path of Sabine armed with her pistols! Will the Stormtrooper be forced to hand over his speeder bike to those pesky rebels? Play out your own ending to this fun story inspired by the Star Wars™: Rebels animated TV series. Includes 3 minifigures with assorted weapons: Ezra Bridger, Sabine Wren and a Stormtrooper.

- Includes 3 minifigures with assorted weapons: Ezra Bridger, Sabine Wren and a Stormtrooper

- Features an Imperial speeder bike and Ezra’s customized Speeder Bike

- Weapons include 2 pistols, blaster pistol and a blaster

- Help Ezra to outmaneuver the Stormtrooper

- Ambush the Stormtrooper and claim another speeder bike for the rebels

- As seen in the Star Wars: Rebels animated TV series

- Speeder bikes measure over 1” (4cm) high, 6” (17cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide

Front of the box has the 2015 art: A Stormtrooper helmet tagged with a rebel alliance crest. Same as the other sets of the winter wave.

frontbox.jpg

On the back we see the play features and a little action scene.

backbox.jpg

Inside the box there is 2 numbered bags, the instruction booklet and the sticker sheet.

bags.jpg

The instruction booklet has the same image as the box cover but without the set name and the number of pieces.

The back of the booklet with the win minifigure.

backbooklet.jpg

Spare parts. Some studs and some little piece in orange and green. Also we get 2 spare parts that could be used as guns.

spareparts.jpg

The completed model: both speeder are exactly the same except for the paint job.

Front view

frontview.jpg

Back view

sideview1.jpg

Side view

sideview2.jpg

The above picture has a bad quality so I added 2 more to show the side (see the next 2 pictures)

sideview2green.jpg

side2white.jpg

Top view

topview.jpg

The front of the speeder can be extended to make it longer longer.

openfeature.jpg

Comparison shot: it does make it a little longer (approximately the same length has brick built front wing)

featuresidebyside.jpg

Now on to the minifigures. We get 3 of them: Ezra Bridger, Sabine Wren and a Stormtrooper.

Sabine is the same version as the one in the Assault Carrier and Era is the same as in the Phantom. The Stormtrooper is the same as every Stormtrooper in Rebels sets (including the BP). All the minifigs have leg printing.

minifigfront.jpg

The stormtrooper has the normal clone face and Ezra and Sabine both have an alternate face. The printing on Sabine's hair is really neat. It has 2 colors like in the show.

alternateface.jpg

Back view: all the minifigures have back printing

backmini.jpg

Rating

------

These three points are not included in final score.

Price: 8/10 – 253 pieces for 19.99$ is under the 10 cents per piece ration. We get 2 nice never seen before speeder and 3 minifigure: Ezra, the main hero of Rebels. Sabine which is exclusive to this set (not anymore) and a Stormtrooper (We never have too much of these). There is not many big pieces but also very few small technic piece or studs. So the piece count is not inflated like we see in some other technic heavy sets. The price is great for a Star Wars set!

Parts: 7.5/10 – Nice dark green parts which are not that common.Also most of the piece are bricks. Very few technics piece. This set is useful for spare parts.

Build 8/10 – The build was surprising! It as 29 steps for 1 speeder bike. It took me longer to build this set then I anticipated because it has so many small steps. The build is well thought and fun.

Since both speeder are the same, you have the same build twice.

------

Design 7.5/10 – The speeders look like the source material in the show. The green one is repainted by Ezra and the other Rebels and we see it in an episode (I don't remember which one). The white one is exactly like the Imperial one we see many time in the show. Still the studs shooter on the side don't look very good and are a little flimsy. They are not accurate since the canons are on the front of the speeder in the show. Also the front of the speeder doesn't always extend smoothly. Sometime one side will extend more then the other and the front will fall off. Also It could have come with a little trailer of stolen (or to be stolen) fruits like we saw in the show. Still the speeders are good and were bigger then I expected them to be. It is always nice to add diversity to your collection of speeder bikes!

Minifigures: 6.5/10 – We get 3 minifigure. It's a good number for a set this set so no complaints here. We get a Stormtrooper with a clone face. It is always nice to have another trooper, unless you hate the Rebels version. It would have been better to have a pilot for the speeder bike rather then a Stormtrooper to be more show accurate. Ezra is the same as in the Phantom set so it still as the same problem of miscoloration of his hair and suit. (His hair should be blue and his suit darker) He does have is lightsaber this time. If you watch the show you won't find the choice of his hilt to be that bad. Sabine is exclusive to this set. (not anymore: she is available in the assault carrier) Her hair piece and suit are really nice but her skin coloration is wrong. She should have a darker tone like in the show where she is the same colors as a Latina or Polynesian. Also her helmet is not included in this set. The minifigure are a great selection for this set but they each have some little problems that will catch your eyes if you watch the show.

Playability: 8.5/10 – Two speeders, one bad guy, one good guy and his 'crush'. Everything a kid needs to have fun. The speeders have studs shooter which are amazing for recreating chases seen in the TV show. Complement this with a few more Stormtroopers and you can occupy your little Jedi for hours!

OVERALL 7.5/10 – A nice above average set that really came as a surprise for me as I did not intend to buy it at first. The speeders look like the ones in the show and offer a nice playability with the minifigures. Also it lets you get a helmet-less Sabine and Ezra (with lightsaber) for a low price. The stormtrooper is also nice but it should have been a speeder bike driver instead.

A set to pick up to complete your Rebel crew and add to your speeder bike collection. A must if you like the show!

Thoughts and critiques welcomes!

Also if there is any grammar mistake burning your eyes, please PM me and I will edit.

Thanks for reading!

There are two versions of this set. One with 253 pieces and one with 267 pieces. You got the one with 253. The one with 267 pieces has a different assembly for the front poles. I even asked LEGO customer service why there are two different versions and the person didn't know there was. Both sets of instructions are on the LEGO website.

http://i.ytimg.com/v...xresdefault.jpg

Edited by JPN366

Interesting, both sets I got (one in Hong Kong, the other in England) have the same pieces as this review. I'd heard that the UK one was different (wasn't worried either way).

Nice review, btw, very fair critique of the set. I like the set - I modified one of mine to have a blue speeder bike for Sabine. I know it's not canon, but I liked the end result. Of course I now have 3 Ezras and 3 Sabines (one of each with helmet). One of each might find their way into the background of one of my other creations...

Great review of the set, I think this serves as an excellent starter set for any Rebels fan.

Thanks for the review duboismerci, great work! :thumbup: I've added the poll as requested.

Cheers, Robin

There are two versions of this set. One with 253 pieces and one with 267 pieces. You got the one with 253. The one with 267 pieces has a different assembly for the front poles. I even asked LEGO customer service why there are two different versions and the person didn't know there was. Both sets of instructions are on the LEGO website.

http://i.ytimg.com/v...xresdefault.jpg

I saw the 253 at Wal Mart, Target and TRU but the 267 only at the Lego store. I still dont see the difference between the 2.

Interesting, both sets I got (one in Hong Kong, the other in England) have the same pieces as this review. I'd heard that the UK one was different (wasn't worried either way).

Nice review, btw, very fair critique of the set. I like the set - I modified one of mine to have a blue speeder bike for Sabine. I know it's not canon, but I liked the end result. Of course I now have 3 Ezras and 3 Sabines (one of each with helmet). One of each might find their way into the background of one of my other creations...

Thanks

And we can fairly assume that Sabine got her hand on a speeder and painted it to her liking.

Great review of the set, I think this serves as an excellent starter set for any Rebels fan.

Thank you! And yes it's a good starter but it is also essential to get the full crew unless you have the assault carrier

Thanks for the review duboismerci, great work! :thumbup: I've added the poll as requested.

Cheers, Robin

Thank you for your words and adding the polls!

I saw the 253 at Wal Mart, Target and TRU but the 267 only at the Lego store. I still dont see the difference between the 2.

It's where the 'extension' bits are. The one you reviewed has a pair of this part connecting the body of the bike to the extendable front, the one JPN366 posted has it replaced by 2 1x1 round bricks, 2 of this part, and one of this to hold the short gray crosswise axle. Bring up his picture in a separate window and look at your pics/box art, you'll see. The Bricklink inventory for the set showcases all the alternate pieces.

I've seen both the 253 and the 267 on the same shelf at Walmart and Target. I just wondered which came first and what prompted LEGO to make a second version. I ordered the set from Amazon back in June and got the 267 version. I put it together, then ordered 4 of these and redid it.

The 267 version has more parts and doesn't extend and retract.

Edited by JPN366

Good review and not a bat set,but however this set has some flaws,too.

First,the face printing on Sabine printing make her look more aged,and the skin color should be more

darker,like in the show.

Second,the speeder itself is too big compared to the show.In the show,the speeder bikes are more sleek looking and act more as a scout vehicle.But in this set,the speeder itself is too oversized,bulky and not as sleek like in the show.

Edited by ArmstrongYong