1. 1. How do you rate this polybag?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_6705_157_22742.png

Hello everyone,

I am back with another short review on this wonderful new LEGO Nexo Knights. Apart from the promotional giveaway of 30373 Knighton Hyper Cannon in Singapore, the 30371 Knight's Cycle was the other promotional polybag when you purchase SGD$30 (equivalent to USD$21) worth of Nexo Knights products in an atrium at a selected Toys R US outlet as part of their marketing activities. It is wonderful to be able to acquire another different type of polybag for this theme. Without further ado, let me begin with this review.

Name: 30371 Knight's Cycle

Theme: LEGO System / Nexo Knights

Year: 2016

Pieces: 38

Minifigs: 1 minifigure

Price: USD N.A, GBP N.A, EURO N.A, SGD N.A

Resources: Brickset, BrickLink

An original polybag image of the 30371 Knight's Cycle

26247513125_dccaba045e_o_d.jpg

Back view of the original polybag image of the 30371 Knight's Cycle

25642737444_8c2d05dd58_o_d.jpg

The fast scouting bike in Nexo Knights

25644833183_b10973daf8_o_d.jpg

This new polybag is a fun nifty cute motorbike. It is not common to see a semi-medieval looking soldier sitting on a mini-motorbike riding in those lands. Well, this one-seater motorbike is good enough to go for quick insertion into conflicting war zones and getting out of it very soon. It will probably be very useful for reconnaissance mission as well as for supporting other Nexo Knights in combat.

The LEGO building content

25642736984_2f18c30d05_o_d.jpg

The polybag contains 38 building parts. You can see the front view and back view of the instruction manual that showed the detailed steps for this construction. These are the remaining spare parts.

Front view of Knighton Royal Soldier

25974641970_a8419584b5_o_d.jpg

So glad to see more of these wonderful generic Royal Soldiers in polybags as there are not many generic soldiers being made available in regular LEGO Nexo Knights set in large quantities. Unfortunately, this metallic looking Royal Soldier does not come with energy armour unlike in those small box sets like the 70310 Knighton Battle Blaster and 70311 Chaos Catapult. There are back printing and alternate subtle facial appearance which is not seen in this image.

The completed built of the Knight's Cycle

26155064182_8217cb871e_o_d.jpg

The Knight's Cycle is designed to be fast and quick, similar to a speeder. Likewise, my first impression that this is more like a mini-bat pod for the LEGO Nexo Knights. A few of these Knight's Cycle will probably form a good reconnaissance section to gather inteligence. I could also use this bike for border patrol as well. The overall size make it look quite adorable. It is coupled with two stud shooters blasters at the front of the bike and equipped with throttles at the rear. You can take a closer look at the assembled built of the Knight's Cycle from the side view.

Jousting on a motorised bike

26155063182_393f0fe7cb_o_d.jpg

Awaiting for command

25642735254_d9b1dfbbbf_o_d.jpg

Good and enjoyable fun with the rest of the LEGO Nexo Knights sets

26181235041_0a2f1cab75_o_d.jpg

To conclude, this is an average good playing polybag. My complaint is the missing of an energy armour and I will certainly prefer a sword instead of a jousting lance. I think this is a great promotional giveaway but I am not sure if it will entice fans to get it off in the secondary market. Personally I think a reasonable USD$4 to $5 is acceptable based on the standard LEGO polybag rates in the United States. All in all, I am glad to have this polybag and at the same time, able to own more new LEGO Nexo Knights sets.

Summary review

Playability: 7/10 (Fun to move it around and shooting blaster.)

Design: 6.5/10 (Decent cute nifty motorbike.)

Price: 7/10 (If you get it as part of the promotional deal, then is definitely worth it. Otherwise don't pay more what it perceived to be.)

Overall: 6.8/10 (Nice generic looking royal soldier to increase the total of the soldiers accompanied with a good polybag design.)

I gave it a "3" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

I hope every one of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Criticisms are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr.

Nice review!

I went against the grain and voted "Outstanding" because of the useful parts and the set being a cheap and effective way to build up armies of the Royal Solider.

For some reason I do not like the minifig at all. Maybe it's just the helmet and its color, it looks too "plasticky" to me. I wonder how the minifig would look like with say one of the knights helmet. I also do not really like the combination of a lance and blasters. I know it's a common thing for NK but one that in my eyes takes away a lot from the theme. I can easily imagine a "what if gun powder was never invented" scenario and many things would work well for me (close combat, mechs...), but a combination of "we have firearms and yet we rely on lances" just doesn't click with me. Maybe that's the reason I love the baddies far more than the good guys.