Apple Pi

The Oak Fortress (Avalonia Build)

Hi everyone, this MOC was developed as an entry for the Avalonian "Prince of the Forest" task

I hope you like it!

C&C are very welcome!

- - - - -

"Once there was an old oak tree inside the forest. It was a couple hundred years old and nothing could ever destroy it. War, fire, ice, time. And a few forestmen, on the running after stealing a very powerful and rich merchant, used it as a hideout during weeks. After that, they decided to use the strong structure as a pillar for their future fortress. And even after a hundred years from it's foundation, the fortress remains as strong as the great oak tree ever was. And so it shall be forever" - The Oak Fortress

9584695895_f61e0471fe_n.jpg

The Oak Fortress by PedroPolo on flickr

9584699023_291651b6b9_n.jpg

The Oak Fortress by PedroPolo on flickr

9587494894_40549c77a2_n.jpg

Jaeger's Outlaws by PedroPolo on flickr

- - - - -

Incredible work on the tree! The fortress part is great too! Love the figs! :classic::thumbup:

My goodness this work is great, looks very natural and organical how well it blends the tree with the construction, the forms, the colors. :classic:

Great work :thumbup: :thumbup: I love the mix between the tree and the stone tower :wink:

Wow, I just love how the different colored leaves blend together! Thank you TLG for finally giving us the leaf piece in other colors than just shades of green! :wub:

Truly a magnificent creation, great job! The minifigs are great, as well, very fitting.

Glad to have you in GoH! The tree looks fantastic, I especially like the different color leaves in it :thumbup: The fortress section is also superb, I especially like the curved shape and the hoardings over the gate :wub:

Great first build for Avalonia, looking forward to many more :classic:

Wonderful build! This is really how those old forestmen sets should have looked :classic:

Wonderful build! This is really how those old forestmen sets should have looked :classic:

This is exactly my sentiment! Superb work! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot everyone! Im really happy to see that my hard work makes you fell like that! It took me some hours do build (a lot of them!) and I appreciate all the compliments from the heart!

:laugh:

That's quite a moc for an introduction to the community! I love it!

That tree is absolutely stunning!!

Fantastic MOC. You've definitely earned your title!

This is awesome. My favorite part isn't the tree though, it's the windows on the tower spiraling up. I imagine there must be a spiral staircase in there--great detail!

I wish the photos weren't so small and blurry.

So.... click on them? His flickr has the huge resolution you're after.

Excellent job! Very nice first build for Avalonia! Great tree there and the transition from it to the stone fortress is very smooth! Great work! :thumbup:

What a lovely build! I really like the shape of your base, really different. And what about the tree and the tower... So perfect in my own opinion! Wow, well done. And good luck for your contest!

Great build :sweet: the oak tree combines with the tower very well :thumbup:

Nice foliage and irregular base as well :classic: