Sign in to follow this  
PenPlays

Beacons of Burrium

YES! First GOH MOC finished!

Long before Avalonia was founded as a Guild, five beacons were erected. They were lit aflame to symbolize peace on the fair plains they stood upon. In this age however settlers have inhabited these lands far more, and the rituals the pre-Avalonians created to light the beacons dissapeared with their deaths. Only one remains alive and he alone lights one beacon to this day every night.

Peace has grown thin with elementals raging about. The people of Burrium are far from calm, so it was decided that the beacons were lit once more. It was thought that with the symbol of peace alive, true peace would follow. No such luck...

The Caltar beacon of the Village of Caltar was last of these beacons to be lit having received the message from the river Kingdom of Denitor last. The flame had only just began to grow when...

img_3484.jpg

...the Air Elemental formed from nothingness. The village was iradicated. No one survived.

Here is a close up of our distressed villagers.

img_3485.jpg

A mother and father running to their oblivious child.

img_3487.jpg

The other armed but frightened villagers (and a horse).

img_3488.jpg

This poor man has the horror of watching the chaos from atop the beacon.

img_3490.jpg

You ruined the Dumb Blonde's hair...

But what of the other Beacons? They stay erected and are lit every night according to the old ritual in honor of the dead of Caltar. It also is quite a beautiful sight of east Darwynia.

img_3493.jpg

This is the home of the only man who knew the old ritual. He trained the other beacon lighters, and used to be the only one who would light his

beacon, the Beacon of Reynar Hill, every night.

img_3497.jpg

This is the river Kingdom of Denitor. Albeit small it is quite the lively coastal town, and is home to the Beacon of Denitor.

img_3499.jpg

This beacon is the Beacon of Orlan. It is said to have been erected in honor of a great warrior of the past who lives eternally somewhere in Avalonia in a deep sleep, waiting for a time he would be needed once more. This beacon also serves as a lighthouse to warn of its rocky surroundings.

img_3501.jpg

This is the Beacon of Dalios. Lying at the top of the hill village of Dalios. This Beacon is further inland than the Beacon of Orlan but generally serves the same purpose these days.

Here are some closeups of the Elemental,

img_3467.jpg

img_3468.jpg

img_3470.jpg

img_3469.jpg

And images of the village home,

img_3471.jpg

img_3473.jpg

Sorry for the orange glow from a light on my camera on that one.

And the Beacon of Caltar.

img_3477.jpg

img_3479.jpg

img_3480.jpg

And last of all, mini-West Burrium.

img_3502.jpg

And that concludes it. Sorry for some fuzzy images but most detail is still visible.

C&C is welcome!

Beware little Shepherd...

img_3489.jpg

Edited by Penkid11

It's always great to see new faces (more slaves for the Drow ;) and especially when they participate in such great events as challenges ;) good luck ;)

Very nice build! The beacon and house are excellent as are the micro beacons :thumbup: Nice fig posing too, and I like your elemental :classic:

Congrats on the first build! It only gets more addicting after this :laugh:

I really like the house- its very clean and simple, perfect for a little country cottage.

great job! Great choice of minifig heads and good choice of poses.

I like the tower. I found it kind of hard to make a partially destroyed building. it definately is a different way of approaching a build

You did a great job on the Beacon of Caltar, it's very hard to achieve that degree of destruction nicely but you really pulled it off. The micro elements are really good here, especially the sheep. The minifig posing is well done too. The elemental is very creative.

Lovely first MOC for Historica!

:classic:

Nice entry! Some elements that really stand out to me are the way the flowers are arranged around the rock and the custom dress/legs of the mother.default_thumbup.gif The house and tower are great as well!

Lord Kelperth is very distressed over hearing of the destruction of Caltar. The messenger apparently arrived too late to the Great Keep and a detachment could not be sent out to help in time. :sceptic: (BTW, thanks for the shout out!)

The battle damage details are done very well without sacrificing structural integrity, and the fig placement is really great! Plus, the various Micro scenes give a great sense of perspective. Are the beacons a concept you've been thinking of for a while? It seems too well thought out to be a brand new concept, but if so: spectacular is all I can think to say.

Good luck!

I falled in love with the beacon at the rocky coast! So great!! :wub:

You really captured the feeling of panic and destruction! :thumbup:

Good Moc. I love the falling beacon. Now you can fix up the house, and post it as an entirely new free-build. :laugh:

Actually the plot must thicken... I intend to go for the "High Executioner" title for Avalonia by executing the one who thought of the stupid idea that fire could bring peace...

Nice entry! Some elements that really stand out to me are the way the flowers are arranged around the rock and the custom dress/legs of the mother.default_thumbup.gif The house and tower are great as well!

The whole point was to get the dresses and the cape to fly toward the elemental.

Lord Kelperth is very distressed over hearing of the destruction of Caltar. The messenger apparently arrived too late to the Great Keep and a detachment could not be sent out to help in time. :sceptic: (BTW, thanks for the shout out!)

The battle damage details are done very well without sacrificing structural integrity, and the fig placement is really great! Plus, the various Micro scenes give a great sense of perspective. Are the beacons a concept you've been thinking of for a while? It seems too well thought out to be a brand new concept, but if so: spectacular is all I can think to say.

Good luck!

Your welcome for the shoutout. Sadly the ship you see leaving was the only ship we had on the river. It had only just left when the elemental attacked. Even if we did make it to the Great Keep in time, Caltar still would have met its end.

I falled in love with the beacon at the rocky coast! So great!! :wub:

You really captured the feeling of panic and destruction! :thumbup:

Be glad as all the remaining Beacons play a significance to a story I'll be starting in the near future. Also, in case no one knew, the Beacons (except for Denitor) were named after the lightning sword gems from the Knights Kingdom (II) Gameboy Advance Game. This was done purposefully as well...

A nice start with the challenge I like the effect of wind on the minifigs, and the partial destruction on the buildings. Well done. :thumbup:

I have a quick question to my fellow Avalonians. Does the river to the west of Burrium have a name? If not I'm sure those who I border and I can come to some sort of an agreement.

I have a quick question to my fellow Avalonians. Does the river to the west of Burrium have a name? If not I'm sure those who I border and I can come to some sort of an agreement.

I don't think so, you are bordering Darwynia and Woodward (Jason and Meph) so go ahead!

Nice entry! good to see your MOC's at last!

Nice entry! I really like how the tower is collapsing and nice to see some other beacons!

Congrats on your first GOH moc Penkid! You certainly chose a complicated challenge to open your account with, and you've pulled it off nicely. :thumbup: My favourite part of your moc has to be the partially collapsed tower and hamlet - the sense of destruction in progress is very convincing. The various minifigs and microscale elements are well done too - especially the dress on the woman facing down the elemental with a frying pan! (She may be dumb, but she certainly doesn't lack for bravery!) I like your idea for the elemental too, although i feel that it could be worked on more to give it more bulk and presence - as it is, it seems a bit spindly and static. The other suggestion i would make is to make your lovely microscale city more visible in your main pic - it deserves much better than to be hidden behind your tower! :wink:

Anyway, lovely moc and best of luck for the challenge voting! :classic: