lego008.jpg

Back of the Box:

lego012.jpg

Contents:

lego012.jpg

lego014.jpg

DSS (dreaded sticker sheet):

lego016.jpg

First Manual Page (because it's super important not to build on carpet. :tongue: )

lego019.jpg

Fig Build:

lego021.jpg

The Magna Guard Head: (IMO it's beautiful! :cry_happy: )

lego031.jpg

The Purple Cone!

lego036.jpg

Cape Box:

lego038.jpg

The Capes!:

lego039.jpg

Just One:

lego047.jpg

The MagnaGuard:

lego053.jpg

Back:

lego056.jpg

The Parts (nicely sorted!)

lego057.jpg

The new Windshield Piece (Beautiful!)

lego058.jpg

The First Step:

lego059.jpg

Seccond Step:

lego061.jpg

More Steps Of The Main Body:

lego062.jpg

lego065.jpg

lego066.jpg

lego072.jpg

lego075.jpg

lego076.jpg

lego077.jpg

lego078.jpg

The Wing Assembly: (Sorry for the blur)

lego079.jpg

lego080.jpg

Attached:

lego084.jpg

Opposite Wing:

lego085.jpg

Both Attached:

lego088.jpg

lego089.jpg

lego091.jpg

Rear Engine Build:

lego092.jpg

lego093.jpg

The Staffs. I have mine set up differently than in the instructions. I put one cone over the hump on one end of the staff, and the other in the original spot. Then, to load them onto the fighter, all you do is push the original placed cone down and put it right in. This way, the staff looks better and it works the same! :wink:

lego096.jpg

See? It slides right in:

lego098.jpg

Skeletal parts of sides attached:

lego099.jpg

Close Up:

lego100.jpg

Bottom:

lego101.jpg

Both Wings Attached:

lego102.jpg

Hidden Missle Launcher:

lego105.jpg

Raised Up:

lego106.jpg

Another Shot:

lego107.jpg

Staffs Attached:

lego111.jpg

Complete:

lego113.jpg

Side Panel:

lego112.jpg

Side Pods:

lego116.jpg

Complete:

lego117.jpg

Swooshable!:

lego128.jpg

Finished!:

lego129.jpg

Time to complete: >2hrs.

Okay, Overall rating time!

PRICE: 9/10- Could have been 40.00 USD, but due to new molds, this is understandable.

PARTS: 9/10- Could have hade more Dark Red, but thats IMO. Plus, I love Dark Red!

BUILD TIME: 8/10- I took my time on this and enjoyed the techniques the designers intricated. Also, taking pics added to the time quite a bit.

PLAYABILITY: 7/10- The main playability functions are the missle launchers in the back and the sliding cockpit. My only gripe with these is they don't set right with the other slopes on the top. Also, the inside of the cockpit is easily modded for regular size minifigs. Just pop a handlebar piece in the already provided arm in the cockpit and bam, your favorite figs can have a ride! It also helps keep the Magnaguards in place if they hold it. :wink:

MINIFIGS: 10/10- IMO, the new molds are great! The only downfall is the right arm on both is less moveable due to the hard plastic turban-thing connected to the head.

SWOOSHABILITY: 9/10- The starfighter is pretty sleek, and very swooshable!

DESIGN: 9/10- The most important aspect, and this one's a winner! It's only a nine because it needs to have smoother edges in a few spots, but they are easily MODable.

OVERALL SCORE: 8.7!

I think it's an awesome set. Very satisfying!

2008 SW ON! :thumbup:

DSR

DSR

Edited by KimT
indexed

Edit Bonaparte: Don't quote an entire post with zillions of pictures! I'll send you a PM so you don't miss my message.

Nice start to a review - It looks like a really cool set!

Thanks for the look-in!

:laugh:

~ A.S.

Ha, you posted as I finished the last update! :laugh:

Also, can you take the quote of my update out of your post? It's making the topic obscenely long! :devil:

DSR

Edited by Dark Sword Ragnarok

too many pictures .... we dont need to see every step :wacko:

But that's the whole point of an in-depth review, to see all the steps of the build! :wacko:

Here's an example:Click!

See what I mean? It's meant to have a lot of pics, its the whole point of an in depth review. It's in depth.

Hello again! :tongue:

Wow, this really is an in depth review! At first when I pictures of the set I thought... "Yeah, kinda boring." But after reading your review, I think I might buy it (when it's cheaper). The pieces look very good, and I love the droids and their accesories! :thumbup:

Thanks for the review!

Also, AwesomeStar, I knwo it is a default thingy but it would be good if the quote was taken out of your post as it does clutter up the topic (or "yopic" as DSR calls it). :tongue:

:skull:

Hello again! :tongue:

Wow, this really is an in depth review! At first when I pictures of the set I thought... "Yeah, kinda boring." But after reading your review, I think I might buy it (when it's cheaper). The pieces look very good, and I love the droids and their accesories! :thumbup:

Thanks for the review!

Also, AwesomeStar, I knwo it is a default thingy but it would be good if the quote was taken out of your post as it does clutter up the topic (or "yopic" as DSR calls it). :tongue:

:skull:

Your welcome! Glad to help!

Also, "yopic" has been fixed, thanks for pointing it out! :classic:

DSR

Thanks for the review Dark Sword Ragnarok :thumbup: . Since the first pics of the clone wars sets were leaked I want this set and with your review I want it even more :cry_happy: .

Edited by darkrebellion

nice review! i probably wont get it, since i dont like ships much, but maybe ill order a magn guard from somewhere.

"Here's my card."

jifel

Nice start to a review - It looks like a really cool set!

Thanks for the look-in!

:laugh:

~ A.S.

Did you really need to quote the entire review, I had to scroll down for about five minutes to see the rest of the thread....

Fantastic review! It's very in-depth and I love it.

I hope we'll see more reviews from you :wink:

Thanks for the review! Nice job! :thumbup:

And speaking of in-depth reviews, my Ultra Drill Walker review was VERY in depth..Two brickshelf pages.

nice review! i probably wont get it, since i dont like ships much, but maybe ill order a magn guard from somewhere.

I don't really like any of the starships either (harder to battle) so the closest I get are the 2 gunships!

This review is certainly 'in-depth' but unfortunately £39.99 = :sick:

left-handed droids :classic:

Shhh, that's their secret weakness.....

Thanks for the review Dark Sword Ragnarok :thumbup: . Since the first pics of the clone wars sets were leaked I want this set and with your review I want it even more :cry_happy: .

I'm glad I could help!

"Here's my card."

jifel

Yeah, the Magna Guards are pretty great! :thumbup:

Did you really need to quote the entire review, I had to scroll down for about five minutes to see the rest of the thread....

It's been edited now.

Fantastic review! It's very in-depth and I love it.

I hope we'll see more reviews from you :wink:

Why thank you! :cry_happy:

I'm hoping to do more when I get more sets.

Thanks for the review! Nice job! :thumbup:

And speaking of in-depth reviews, my Ultra Drill Walker review was VERY in depth..Two brickshelf pages.

No, thank you for the Drill Walker review! After seeing it, it made me want it more!

I don't really like any of the starships either (harder to battle) so the closest I get are the 2 gunships!

This review is certainly 'in-depth' but unfortunately £39.99 = :sick:

Yeah, it is a bit pricey in the UK....

Anyway, thanks to everyone who had a look!

DSR

Well sor-ree!

Alright, I'll remember next time.

Well sor-ree!

Alright, I'll remember next time.

It was just irritating to have to scroll through the same pics for a while, that's all.

Besides, it's gone now!

DSR

Also, Front Paged! I can't believe it! :cry_happy:

too many pictures .... we dont need to see every step :wacko:

Hey no, that's what makes it such a superb review!. I was interested in exactly what the functions were (didn't know about the slide-to-rotate cockpit control) and what the engines looked like underneath with the trans-red grills and this review answered all of my questions in great detail :)

I was on the fence, but you've convinced me to buy this set Dark Sword :D. The styling is ultra-smooth and very swooshable, I love that new cockpit piece and the Magnadroid figures are excellent with their torn-up capes.

Very nice review :sweet:. It answered all of my questions about this set. But, I'm still unsure whether to buy this set or not. The ship is great, sleek and such, but the figs I could do without. And the price is a little much at the moment for me, especially with all of the other cool Clone Wars sets, and some other sets from different themes that I would like to get. If I some extra money on me after I get those sets, maybe I will pick this one up. But you certainly convinced me that this one isn't as bad as I expected, after all. :thumbup:

Hey no, that's what makes it such a superb review!. I was interested in exactly what the functions were (didn't know about the slide-to-rotate cockpit control) and what the engines looked like underneath with the trans-red grills and this review answered all of my questions in great detail :)

I was on the fence, but you've convinced me to buy this set Dark Sword :D. The styling is ultra-smooth and very swooshable, I love that new cockpit piece and the Magnadroid figures are excellent with their torn-up capes.

I'm glad to help! :classic:

Very nice review :sweet:. It answered all of my questions about this set. But, I'm still unsure whether to buy this set or not. The ship is great, sleek and such, but the figs I could do without. And the price is a little much at the moment for me, especially with all of the other cool Clone Wars sets, and some other sets from different themes that I would like to get. If I some extra money on me after I get those sets, maybe I will pick this one up. But you certainly convinced me that this one isn't as bad as I expected, after all. :thumbup:

You know, at first I didn't plan on buying it. Then, while I was at Target, browsing the new CW sets, my Grandmother decided out of the blue to get me it. I showed her what the new stuff was, and she said "Well, would you be dissapointed if I got you the cheapest one?" (They didn't have the cheaper ones at Target) And I told her I would appreciate anything she was willing to buy. So, I walked out with it. :thumbup:

If anyone wants to see any part of the finished set in better detail, tell me here and I will see what I can do! :sweet:

DSR

DSR, this is another superb clear and precise Star Wars review for the Clone War series. This is the kind of review that have quality, depth and clarity. For your fanastic effort and time to do up a proper review, I thank you for the time taken to contribute it to Eurobricks. :thumbup:

Looking at your review, I must admit that you have given me a clear perspective of the Magna Guard mini-fig. I am wondering what is the material made for the head? Is it made up of rubber or sturdy LEGO mold.

As for the Starfighter, it looks really very nice looking. However, I will watch the Clone War movies next month, and decide what are the new sets that will be in my Star Wars budget. :tongue:

DSR, this is another superb clear and precise Star Wars review for the Clone War series. This is the kind of review that have quality, depth and clarity. For your fanastic effort and time to do up a proper review, I thank you for the time taken to contribute it to Eurobricks. :thumbup:

Looking at your review, I must admit that you have given me a clear perspective of the Magna Guard mini-fig. I am wondering what is the material made for the head? Is it made up of rubber or sturdy LEGO mold.

As for the Starfighter, it looks really very nice looking. However, I will watch the Clone War movies next month, and decide what are the new sets that will be in my Star Wars budget. :tongue:

Well, thanks! This means a lot coming from someone who makes a review almost daily. :sweet:

The Magna Guard heads are made from super hard rubbery ASB, I suppose. It doesn't bend, but it isn't normal brick plastic either, I think.

DSR

Great review with tons of photos!!! :thumbup:

As for the set itself, I don't know - it's OK, but after all it's just another ship, right? I woudn't buy it, to be honest.