Sign in to follow this  
Richard Dower

Fake 8674 wheels (pictures) analysis

So i finally got the fake Decool 8674 from China, took 5 weeks to arrive and cost €46 with free shipping, though i belive you can get it slightly cheaper if you look around. I always only really interested in the wheels as buying genuine parts was WAY too expensive (see Bricklink).

i bought a genuine 8461 off Ebay and put the fake/genuine side by side and took pics:

http://imgur.com/a/SArV7

in these images you can see (pic #1) the real on top and fake on bottom....the fake only has the front facing side of the wheel hub painted metallic silver, but not the same shade as the real part. its metallic in colour just not as bright.

the second pic you can see the lego branding/copyright/part numbers etc....fake below. the rest of the fake part looks like very Light Bluish Gray in colur.

image 3....real on top and fake on bottom, the x axle hole is a different design on the fake, image 4 = fake, image 5 = real.

onto the tyres....the fake is slightly wide by about 2mm, the rubber is a little harder doing the squeeze test...though this may be a result of the 8461 tyres being 16 years old etc. bottom picture = real on top and fake on bottom.

more pics: http://imgur.com/a/QSxFH

internally there are also differences, the insides of the real are stamped and also there are two ridges that grip the wheel hub that are not present on the fake.

my overall impression is they are pretty good, despiate being fake. the quality of the molds and parts are very good....very passable, if you cannot afford the real deal and want to have 8674 on the shelf then these fake are a good option.

also....check out this fake part...woah!!, (i wish TLG): http://imgur.com/kmWmFjJ

Edited by Richard Dower

I like that Richard is going through this exercise, and that he's providing pictures. I was at one point tempted to buy a set or two to check the quality, since almost none of the topics about the knockoff sets have pictures. This is saving me some time and money.

I like that Richard is going through this exercise, and that he's providing pictures. I was at one point tempted to buy a set or two to check the quality, since almost none of the topics about the knockoff sets have pictures. This is saving me some time and money.

the red flex axles from this set are identical in design and feel as a genuine lego part. i have 14L and 16L parts in Red in genuine used condition....i could not tell the difference between the Decool fake parts an the Lego ones. for that reason alone it might be worth getting...considering the numbers of flex axles used in that set.

I agree with Busterhaus. I appreciate that Richard gave the clone brand a shot as I have always been curious. However to the OP, you say buying parts was too expensive, but you can find the wheels here

http://www.bricklink.com/store/home.page?p=mountainbricks&itemID=92987159#/shop?o={"invID":"92987159"}

Which totals too 40 euros. Shipping could be a few dollars more than the 46 euro price of the fake set, but not too much right? Just my 2 cents

I agree with Busterhaus. I appreciate that Richard gave the clone brand a shot as I have always been curious. However to the OP, you say buying parts was too expensive, but you can find the wheels here

http://www.bricklink...ID":"92987159"}

Which totals too 40 euros. Shipping could be a few dollars more than the 46 euro price of the fake set, but not too much right? Just my 2 cents

not just the wheels though....i have all the othe parts in genuine lego, but if you did not....it would cost more, those 16L Red flex hoses aint cheap!

the cheapest second hand complete set is €140, and this is missing the wheels

301843.jpg

Edited by Richard Dower

the cheapest second hand complete set is €140, and this is missing the wheels
I bought mine for €80 with tyres, but no box. Most of the stickers were so great I had these pieces added into BL Catalog.

So i finally got the fake Decool 8674 from China

I moved this topic to the Community forum. :hmpf_bad:

Discussion of clone bricks belong in the community forum not in the Lego Technic Forum. You now have had three recent clone brick topics moved to the community forum. Post topics in the correct forum. You have been warned.

Also, you need to use capitalization, correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. Eurobricks does tolerate bad English as we are a site that welcomes users from all around the world, but we don't tolerate laziness. I recommend you read the Site Guidelines.

Those who can't meet the Site Guidelines are eventually banned.

Thank you.