Sign in to follow this  
Captain Dreadbrix

Ahoy there!

Hi guys! I rediscovered lego maybe two weeks ago after a 14-year hiatus (you guys have cleverly named this the "dark ages"). I managed to buy my first pirate ship from EB yesterday - the BSB. I also built two small ships using spare parts from some lego basic, city and technic kits while waiting for the BSB to arrive. Hope to get a camera soon to post pictures.

Welcome to Eurobricks! *sweet* Since this seems more like a welcome topic than a MOC topic I'll move it... ;-)

Welcome to EB!

Always glad to see another pirate rejoin the ranks! *y*

Be sure to check out the Big Billboard o' Doomâ„¢ at the end of my post for some great ways to get involved in this wonderful community that you have joined!

Welcome Captain Dreadbrix.

I'm sure you'll fit in with all of the other Pirate addicts here. :-D

*pirate* On!

*sweet*

Sinner,

thanks for moving it in the right section. I'll be more careful next time.

imperialshadows,

I shall check out the topics in your sig

kill will,

thanks buddy ;-)

Exobuilder,

*sweet*

Cardinal Brick,

thanks! I am sure I will!

Welcome!

Get yerself a suitably Piratical avatar!

What became of your past collection? Sold? :-( Given away? X-O Or at your Mum's house? :-P

Do you want to collect Pirates, Imperials (Guards, Soldiers, Armada) or Islanders? *y* I'd suggest all of them! X-D

And may I commission you to build a vignette? You should be able to do that with limited pieces... ;-)

*y*

Hello and welcome to the water proofed side of the brick. *y*

pirategirl.jpeg

Welcome to the best and most piratical lego site on the web.

I'm Captain Zuloo of the HMS Eurobricks. Well not really, but it sounds cool anyway.

Have fun here!

Regards, Captain Zuloo :-)

SlyOwl,

I will think about the avatar :)

As far as vignettes go - this is the first time I hear about them!

My old collection - I managed to find the sets after about a week of searching through old stuff at odd places hah. It turned out all of the sets had missing pieces. That however did not matter, because even back then I did not care about the original themes of the sets - they were a firestation, a basic set, a techninc, etc. All I ever build was pirate ships and sometimes castles.

So I took the bricks and build myself a nice pirate ship (it uses the technic for masts, the BASIC and the firestation bricks, etc for hull). It turned out I had enough bricks left so I build another, smaller ship. I have a few more bricks left and I will see what I can build with them.

The bigger ship has a custom revolving cannon in the middle and a carronade in the back. The smaller ship has only one revolving cannon. But I digress..

Asuka,

that's a chill pic! Nice :)

Captain Zuloo,

thank you, Sir :)

Now thats what i call an enterance!!! Welcome aboard, i snuck on recently, stowing away behind some cabins!

If ya like me you very quickly get addicted to Eurobricks and people on it! looking forward to all ya got to say! *y*

Welcome Captain Dreadbrix!

You chose a great set for a big return to our loved brick *y* !

LuxorV

thanks! I used to dream about the BSB 15 years ago...

This tells me you had some way of finding out about it - catalogues, perhaps...these older ones can fetch quite a price, maybe even enough to get a ship - you don't happen to have any lying around, do you? >:-)

I quite literally remember drooling over the bsb as a kid, i faintly remember rumor that it floats! Are catelogs realy worth that much!! i have about five lying round all australian though, Jan-July 2002, 1988, (it has the black dragon castle in it, drooled over that one too), 1992 catelog and Jan-Jun 2001, all are in very used condition, some have writing on them but all the pages are still there...

SlyOwl,

I have a few catalogs - from 1985, 1989 and 1992. The bigger lego sets used to come with a catalog.

Sir Dillon,

thank you!

Captain Pegleg Blockbeard,

I too cannot believe someone would want to pay for the catalogs...

Be well guys!

Edited by Captain Dreadbrix

I too cannot believe someone would want to pay for the catalogs...

Well...Yeesh!

SlyOwl,

Interesting stuff! My catalogs are not special editions such as the ones on the above auction. Plus they are not in a good condition. But if someone has preserved his stuff, unlike me, maybe they'll be able to get some good bucks for them.

Have a great weekend!

Funny, the BSB was also the first pirate set I bought on eBay after my dark ages.

Happy to welcome you here on Eurobricks!

Funny, the BSB was also the first pirate set I bought on eBay after my dark ages.

Happy to welcome you here on Eurobricks!

Thank you sir :)

p.s. Your French ship, La Gloire, looks fantastic!

Edited by Captain Dreadbrix