Being able to use tables would sure make managing signatures a lot easier (and cleaner) :blush:

I want to second this request. I tried creating tables by using the html tags but it did not work properly.

I can remember that there exist even BBcodes for tables. Perhaps we could implement them?

[table]
[tr]
[td]A1[/td]
[td]B1[/td]
[td]C1[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]A2[/td]
[td]B2[/td]
[td]C2[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

If you go to the third button on your left, the square with mostly blue and green, which says "Special BBCode", you can select "HTML Format" and then enter the HTML there. (Since I don't know the HTML, I can't try it, but that should work.) On the side, just scrolling through, there are some pretty neat other functions there as well - FYI. . . :laugh:

No, that is what I posted above. It does not work properly:

[html]
<table>
<tr>
<td>A1</td>
<td>B1</td>
<td>C1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>A2</td>
<td>B2</td>
<td>C2</td>
</tr>
</table>[/html]

->

<table>
<tr>
<td>A1</td>
<td>B1</td>
<td>C1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>A2</td>
<td>B2</td>
<td>C2</td>
</tr>
</table>

PS: Yes, I found the acronyms as very useful as well.

Edited by PsyKater

Though tables would be useful, as far as I know and perhaps an Admin could confirm, HTML is disabled on EB for security reasons and it's likely to stay that way.

Though tables would be useful, as far as I know and perhaps an Admin could confirm, HTML is disabled on EB for security reasons and it's likely to stay that way.

All confirmed, it won't be allowed at any point, there are just too many potential problems.

All confirmed, it won't be allowed at any point, there are just too many potential problems.

Is there, by chance, a plugin for the board that would let us create tables without the use of HTML? (Forgive me if this is self-evidently impossible, HTML is the biggest gap in my knowledge of computers. :blush: )

I would really like BBcode for tables, e.g. like this:

[table]

TEXTTEXTTEXT

TEXTTEXTTEXT

TEXTTEXTTEXT

TEXTTEXTTEXT

TEXTTEXTTEXT

TEXTTEXTTEXT

[/table]

I doesn't have to be html, but I think BBcode tables can easily be implemented :sceptic: ?

Yes, I was not talking about enabling html, but enabling BBCode Tables like in my quote. I do not know how hard it is to implement in IB, on phpBB it was quite easy.

Edit: Just found this: http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/3520-hsc-table-bbcode/

If I understand it right, the CSS has to support it as well.

Edited by PsyKater

Could I have little info if anyone has read my last post? Since the discussion was running in a wrong direction all the time, I just wanted to make sure, that my initial suggestion (enabling BBCode tables) is not lost between all other things.

Thank you! :classic:

One year is gone and I still have the feeling that the staff did not understand my suggestion. I understand that the use of HTML is prohibited. I never suggested to allow it. But I suggest to look into the possibility of implementing the BBCode for tables. From my point of view it would not be a huge effort, but I cannot judge this.

If you reject my actual proposal I am the last one who starts whining. But I still do not have the impression that my idea was understand properly.

Thanks for your patience with me. Please understand that I just want to make a suggestion to improve EB. :blush:

Hi,

Sorry to bump this old topic, but I am writing some reviews and I am in need for tables as well.

Having BBCode for tables enabled would be great.

Like this:

[table]

TEXT TEXT TEXT

TEXT TEXT TEXT

TEXT TEXT TEXT

TEXT TEXT TEXT

TEXT TEXT TEXT

TEXT TEXT TEXT

[/table]

Any chance this could be enabled?

So no HTML enabled, just the BBCodes for Tables.