Sign in to follow this  
Dfenz

MOC - Tomb Raider's Lost Valley

At a recent brick.ie event one of our members (JanetvanD) produced her first MOC for us and wow, what a debut. Its a painstaking recreation of the Lost Valley scene from the Tomb Raider computer game complete with Lara Croft, raptor, T-Rex and medi-packs. It has the look of a lost Aztec city in the midst of a jungle.

14306525777_376e5f58da_c.jpgTombRaider by JanetvanD by Dfenz, on Flickr

14306488099_5dababf17a_c.jpgT-Rex at Titanic Belfast by JanetvanD by Dfenz, on Flickr

Enjoy

Damn, the jungle foliage and swamp water are insane, and the temple is marvellous! The bridge, dinosaurs, and sign are also great. Another great find.

Edited by ManInATopHat

The landscaping is massively huge and lots of jungle setting as well! Very nicely done.

Love the landscaping. Also the T-Rex is fantastic. Great job!

Well done for using the Dagobah Luke torso for LC as well!

Edited by Godtshep

Beautiful landscape, the ruined building is very well done. And I really like the big brick built logo. The only missing thing is Lara.

Edited by Csacsa234

The only missing thing is Lara.

She's there ... beside the red Raptor.

Epic stuff! Way to go on the first build front! Now you have to get her to come join EB!

I agree! Get her to EB! I absolutely love the rock, stone work, vegetation, ruined temple....this is truly an amazing first build. I have tried to get a moss stone path to work using those lime green pieces and have failed. She pulled the colors together perfectly!

Wow. This is absolutely insanely massive and detailed and impressive. Those dinosaurs, the T-Rex in particular, might be imposing, what with the nicely evocative use of parts, but they pale in comparison to the environment and it's sheer detail. I love the way the ground was made; it looks really beautiful and rather natural too. The ruined bridge is a nice touch and is pretty great for the way it's relatively simple parts are used.

Edited by DraikNova

First Moc, wowzers, are you serious?? :oh::excited::wub: This is awesome - everything is great (including the sign, so cool), but i love those dinos in particular! :thumbup: I can't honestly remember being so blown away by a someone's first posted moc since Mike Doyle. Has she been building for long?

Janet vanD's Tombraider was her first MOC at an event. She'd only discovered us a few months previously and was not aware that other Irish AFOls existed. We did persuade her to upload pictures of a Victorian house which she'd done previously (sadly it was dismantled to recycle parts). Despite the risk of going off topic here is the link to the incredible Victorian House which also blew us away.

http://postimg.org/gallery/w1jisek/

She had one other previous model, a country house hotel and we managed to obtain a picture of that (also dismantled) model. More information on that model can be obtained over at brick.ie if anyone is interested. http://www.brick.ie/...try-house-hotel Neither building was ever publicly displayed.

Edited by Dfenz

Janet vanD's Tombraider was her first MOC at an event. She'd only discovered us a few months previously and was not aware that other Irish AFOls existed. We did persuade her to upload pictures of a Victorian house which she'd done previously (sadly it was dismantled to recycle parts). Despite the risk of going off topic here is the link to the incredible Victorian House which also blew us away.

http://postimg.org/gallery/w1jisek/

She had one other previous model, a country house hotel and we managed to obtain a picture of that (also dismantled) model. More information on that model can be obtained over at brick.ie if anyone is interested. http://www.brick.ie/...try-house-hotel Neither building was ever publicly displayed.

Wow, impressive! The Victorian house is very cool - both a well thought out structure and highly detailed too. :wub: With each successive moc i can see her improving more and more - she's scary good! I am very interested to see what she decides to build next. :thumbup: