Sign in to follow this  
Sir Brickalot

Future Ninjago and Chima Sets Based From The Show

When I watch the Ninjago of Chima shows, I see lots of vehicles/locations that I think would be awesome as a set, but it hasn't been done. So, what would your suggestions be? I'll start us off:

Borg Tower: set includes the Borg Tower in a similar style to the Tower of Orthanc. Has a robot assembly line, a working lift, Cyrus' Office with a hologram, and lobby with a love scanner showing Cole's face. Minifigures include: all four ninja in formal dressing, Sensei Wu, Nya, Pixal, Cyrus Borg, and three students of Sensei Wu's Academy.

Now it's your turn!

Edited by Sir Brickalot

The Garmech

The four-armed mech from the show, featuring independently rotating sections and pose-able arms and legs. It would feature Garmadon and the Overlord as a purple version of the "crystal ball" piece (connected to the mech's shoulder for no apparent reason).

The Dragolord

Giant, purple-and-black dragon with pose-able wings and legs, plus a feature to shoot several 1x1 tr. purple cones from his mouth in a single blast. It would feature golden Lloyd. Aesthetics similar to those of the Lightning Dragon, using cheese slopes and other such details for scales. This is a good idea of how it could be done.

The good old Serpentine Bus

The gigantic, multi-segment transformed tour bus, shown just before the Devourer is awakened. Decouple-able compartments, flip-out turrets, swishing tail and detailed interior. Pythor and Wu, and some other Serpentine (two of the second rank of warriors, maybe some others as well) would be included. Sheer size would make this a D2C.

Edited by DraikNova

Ninjaball Run

A collection or a subtheme of each of the vehicles from the Ninjaball Run episode. Ideas include a mini scale Ultrasonic Raider, Epic Dragon, and Destiny's Bounty, as well as a decent sized Serpentine Bus, the Pirate Truck, the Royal Blacksmith's Flatbed, the Darkley's School for Gifted Children Bus, and the piece de resistance: Ed and Edna's Jalopy.

The Elephant Driller

The Stone Army's elephant-like, double drilled, armored vehicle, complete with a drilling function.

Long Legged Pursuit Vehicle

The Stone Army's long, four legged chase vehicle.

The Grundle

As long a it includes Mother Doomsday, all is well in the Space Time Caliopy

The Garmatron

At a UCS scale, this vehicle would be fantastic!

Destiny's Bounty

(Same as The Garmatron)

Treehorn Battle

A battle that includes the Queen Treehorn as well as one normal Treehorn and the Juggernaut. Maybe a tree lab hideout as well.

*More to come*

I would like the celestial clock.

It would come with the overlord, lord garmadon, Misako, nya and cole. It would be excactly like the one from the show.

The issue with releasing a lot of things from the show is that the optimal time to release many of them (the time when they were relevant in the show) has passed. For instance, the Serpentine mobile fortress would have made a great set, but the Serpentine haven't really been relevant in the story since then, so releasing it now would be a recipe for poor sales. The same applies to many of the unproduced Stone Warrior vehicles. I'd love a Borg Tower set, but since we don't know of any plans to release one it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Cuusoo could potentially provide an avenue for releasing these kinds of things, but even that would be highly dependent on whether such models would be able to sell well, and the long development period for Cuusoo proposals means that they too would struggle to be produced in time to capitalize on audience interest.

I do think that there is a chance that minor characters from the show could be produced and sold, and it's a chance that could happen in the near future: the release of the planned Ninjago movie. A theatrical-length movie would offer plenty of chances for secondary-to-minor characters like Dareth, Mother Doomsday, Captain Soto, Misako, and the Mailman to show up, and The Lego Movie Minifigures series offers a precedent for using a minifigures wave to make those minor characters accessible to fans (alongside new costumes and the like for main characters like Nya, Wu, and the five Ninja).

Considering the major set releases connected to the LEGO movie, I think we could expect a Ninjago CMF line (Dareth, Misako, the pirates, the mailman, etc.), but also one or two sets connected to the older plotlines, which would be the perfect way to release some of these.

I wouldn't mind Sensei Garmadon's Dojo,

After staring at its visage for quite some time, I think that's what the Battle for Ninjago City set is supposed to be (although geographically the dojo is nowhere near NNC).

And here's another set idea.

(FYI, Not my MOC)

How about a City of Oraborus or the Serpentine Tombs? They would include:

City of Oraborus:

Features- Seats, giant slingshot, cage for Lloyd, a place for Pythor and Skales and maybe even a prison for the Samurai Meach to go. Even a bit of a feature were the entire flooring can be lopsided for the Slither Pit battles. Devourer statue.

Minifigs: Samurai X, Zane ZX, Cole ZX, Jay ZX, Cole ZX, Lloyd G, Pythor, Skales, Snakes

Serpentine Tombs:

Features- Connects up to complete the massive area in Episode 11. Giant cage for the ninja's containment. Slither Pit areas. Steps leading out of the cave. Cave drawings of the Devourer.

Minifigs: Jay ZX, Zane ZX, Kai ZX, Cole ZX, Samurai X, Wu, Pythor, Couple more snakes, Garmadon, Younger Lloyd ZX.

Ed and Edna's Jalopy! Complete with old school classic spoked wheels and chrome parts.

The Mojo Dojo with Brown Ninja and students.

Attack on Eagle Spire: includes Worriz, Eris, Eagle Elder, Crug, and Laval. Set includes Eagle Spire (duh!) with various flick missiles and exploding functions. Also includes a wolf jet for Worriz. The set could retail at £60.

The Chima sets are almost 100% vehicle-based. It'd be great, really great to have sets with the universe's settings instead! The Beaver village looks cool, the Chi chamber at the Lion's Temple, a market, maybe even a Speedor Tournament arena. The current sets such as the Croc Swamp Hideout, Chi Temple and Outland Base don't do enough justice for the myriad of settings in the Chima universe!

The good old Serpentine Bus

The gigantic, multi-segment transformed tour bus, shown just before the Devourer is awakened. Decouple-able compartments, flip-out turrets, swishing tail and detailed interior. Pythor and Wu, and some other Serpentine (two of the second rank of warriors, maybe some others as well) would be included. Sheer size would make this a D2C.

LEGO was actually planning that, and it was shown at some Toy Fair, but for some reason it was cancelled...

I think Ninjago City was left out of the sets and shouldn't have. Places like Dareth's dojo and whatnot would fit in well in a set, along with the apartments that the ninja stayed in. Now that the show is in New Ninjago City, surely there are plenty of other locations that could be in a set.

Now that I think of it, locations altogether are left out of sets a lot. We get a ton of vehicles and dragons, but no locations...

For Toy ideas, I'd like (besides the ones mentioned before)

Ninjago:

The Ninjago City Vehicles: I'd like to see the school bus, the mailman's hover-bike, and at least two different hover cars... I know, it won't happen as there is no conflict in the set, but I still want to see it...

Borg Industries Attack Force: The non-transformed gray Copters (NinjaCopter), Jets (Kai Fighter), and Tank+Robot (Jay and Cole vehicles) in a large set with all 4 ninja and regular Sensei Wu, maybe even with a student

Ed and Edna's Scrap and Junk: Attack of the Overlord's henchmen: A big playset that includes the jet that Evil Wu and Disguised Pythor traveled in, should have piles of wreckage, the crane, the "house," and the conveyor belt. It would be nice if they made a white scale element to signal that Pythor has been there (as seen in the show)

The Electric Eel Aquarium: Comes with Dareth, 5 children including Sally, Pythor (disguised), the security guard, and a couple of sharps and trans-blue (or glow in the dark) electric eels. Shoudl consist of a circular room with a play function of the glass shattering and allowing the eels and sharks to escape.

Chima:

Gorilla Forest: Should come with a layout similar to the Ewok Village, but on a smaller scale, a docking rope for the Gorilla Mech, and the giant flower that the Gorillas mediated on. It should include Cragger with a play function to cut down the flower, Wonald with a reversible "Hundred Year Moon" head, G'loona, Skinnet, Gorzan, and other Gorillas. Generic purple-eye wolves would be great

Beaver Lodge: Some beavers, and Cragger and Crooler with a tube section to represent the CHI Dam. Should come with a space big enough for the Lion Tank

Spiral Rock: Would be a large playset with Laval, Skinnet, Plovar (from Laval in Exile), and Eris and Razar (from Eagles vs Ravens)

Ultimate Duel of Speed and Style: A Speedorz set with two characters pitted against each other, with a fully armored ShadoWind and Dom de la Whoosh. The obstacle can be jumping over a pond with Crooler's piranhas in it.

That's all I can think of for now!

Attack on Eagle Spire: includes Worriz, Eris, Eagle Elder, Crug, and Laval. Set includes Eagle Spire (duh!) with various flick missiles and exploding functions. Also includes a wolf jet for Worriz. The set could retail at £60.

Perhaps Ripnick (if I spelled it right) should be included too, as he was quite important.

LEGO was actually planning that, and it was shown at some Toy Fair, but for some reason it was cancelled...

If you're talking about this train, they weren't. That was a snake version of the Emerald Night that was built solely to conceptualize how regular vehicles would turn into snake versions (and was shown at a Lego convention, not a toy fair). While it's possible that the mobile fortress from the show was based on this, I doubt it since this model is clearly a steam engine, and regardless of whether there's a connection, this model was never intended to become a set in the first place.

Back to the topic of discussion...

While I seriously doubt Lego is going to go back and make old Ninjago subjects into sets unless they have a prominent role in the proposed movie, there's still the chance that we could see some more sets based on locations from this year if there are unannounced Ninjago store exclusives or a Direct to Consumer set. The latter's what I'm hoping for—specifically, I want a set of Borg Tower, which featured plenty of interesting scenes (like the falling elevator, the Nindroid factory, and of course Cyrus Borg's office). It'd also be an ideal set for including Nya's new costume (which is a unique design but hasn't appeared yet in sets) and possibly Cyrus Borg's pre-Overlord design.

I'd also love a Ninjago Minifigures series to tie in with the movie, which could easily feature old secondary characters like the Mailman, Captain Soto, or Misako if they have so much as a cameo in the movie.

I don't follow the Chima show so I can't make any suggestions in regard to that.

and possibly Cyrus Borg's pre-Overlord design.

I'd love to see his wheelchair as a piece, but I doubt that'll happen! :tongue:

I'd also love a Ninjago Minifigures series to tie in with the movie, which could easily feature old secondary characters like the Mailman, Captain Soto, or Misako if they have so much as a cameo in the movie.

I seriously think they should make a Ninjago CMF series. They did it for Simpsons and The LEGO Movie, so I'm sure they could manage to do it for Ninjago. Maybe they'd do one alongside the rumoured Ninjago movie? I can only hope...

I would like the celestial clock.

It would come with the overlord, lord garmadon, Misako, nya and cole. It would be excactly like the one from the show.

the would be so awesome. Lego MUST make this happen. I would die for this

Oooh, yes! I am glad this topic was waiting for me, as I've been brainstorming for a while what sets I would like to see from Ninjago and Chima, based off of the TV series.

Of course, any hardcore Ninjago fan wants a Borg Tower, right? If it were to released, it would most likely be a D2C set. I'd buy it no matter how expensive it would be. Regular Cyrus Borg w/ buildable wheelchair, plus the new Nya design would be a win. It would include the elevators, Cyrus' office, Nindroid factory, and printed piece of the Digital Overlord. I can see it now. Other sets I would like to see would be Grand Sensei Dareth's Mojo Dojo, the Celestial Clock, Ed and Edna's Junkyard, and perhaps Darkley's Boarding School. Also, that snake bus would have been great, if only it hadn't been scrapped.

I do have ideas for Chima, but let me save that for another day!

Considering the major set releases connected to the LEGO movie, I think we could expect a Ninjago CMF line (Dareth, Misako, the pirates, the mailman, etc.), but also one or two sets connected to the older plotlines, which would be the perfect way to release some of these.

I want that now. I think a Ninjago CMF line would be a big hit for LEGO. I've already got a list of characters we could expect: Dareth, Postman, Captain Soto, No-Eyed Pete, Skales Jr, Mother Doomsday, Hooded Stranger, Brad Tudabone, Gene, Dr. Julien, Misako, Cole's Dad, Ed, Edna, Overlord-Possessed Garmadon, and Kai's Father. There, all sixteen.

Oooh, yes! I am glad this topic was waiting for me, as I've been brainstorming for a while what sets I would like to see from Ninjago and Chima, based off of the TV series.

Of course, any hardcore Ninjago fan wants a Borg Tower, right? If it were to released, it would most likely be a D2C set. I'd buy it no matter how expensive it would be. Regular Cyrus Borg w/ buildable wheelchair, plus the new Nya design would be a win. It would include the elevators, Cyrus' office, Nindroid factory, and printed piece of the Digital Overlord. I can see it now. Other sets I would like to see would be Grand Sensei Dareth's Mojo Dojo, the Celestial Clock, Ed and Edna's Junkyard, and perhaps Darkley's Boarding School. Also, that snake bus would have been great, if only it hadn't been scrapped.

I do have ideas for Chima, but let me save that for another day!

I want that now. I think a Ninjago CMF line would be a big hit for LEGO. I've already got a list of characters we could expect: Dareth, Postman, Captain Soto, No-Eyed Pete, Skales Jr, Mother Doomsday, Hooded Stranger, Brad Tudabone, Gene, Dr. Julien, Misako, Cole's Dad, Ed, Edna, Overlord-Possessed Garmadon, and Kai's Father. There, all sixteen.

The CMF lineup you just created is awesome! Perhaps they could throw in the White Scaled Pythor without the hood and perhaps some Bizarro ninja with sunglasses...

And do anyone think of ninjago constraction figs?

This is a very good list. Although I wouldn't care for both Brad and Gene (the only difference between them would be their heads and hair). Just Brad would be perfect. Skales Jr. is just Rattla with a hoodie and short legs. Another thing to mention is that OverLord Garmadon is included in the Temple of Light set. The Stone Warrior mouthguard represents his lizard-maw (although a specially molded minifig with claws a lizard maw and exclusive legs would be awesome!). One more oddity would be Kai and Nya's father, who there has been no material beside a couple pieces of art. I would keep him on the list though, as he still would make a legit minifigure.

Instead, I would trade those three for The First Spinjitzu Master, Young Garmadon (Battle Between Brother for reference), and rebooted Outfit Nya.

White Scaled Pythor

That would be great. I'm shocked they didn't include it any sets actually; it doesn't even require and new moulds.

And do anyone think of ninjago constraction figs?

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=93437 :tongue:

Edited by Meiko