Sign in to follow this  
Dunjohn

Lego in Rome?

I'm here until Tuesday and I'm wondering if there's anywhere I can go to feed my guilty secret back in my hotel room....

I did a search; there is an old thread from about a year and a half ago with no answers, and I wasn't sure if I should necro it or start a new one. And, of course, the Store Locator on Lego.com only has diplomatic relations with five countries, the rest of the globe must be a nuclear wasteland.

Any help'd be great!

Hi

I went to Rome last year, to visit some family members. And after much search I only found 2 toy shops both wih a very pale asortment of sets and at very high prices. I have asked my family and they say the prices are still generally higher than here in DK. Wich says a lot. Hope you might find some but if you are flying in, there might be a promotion set for sale on the plane. At least Lufthansa, klm and Air France had one last I flew with them. A nice little one with a helicopter and a raft. But you might better be quick as there are normally only one on the plane on the sales cart.

Hope you have luck :classic: Alternatively there are a few guys in Rome tha do deals on Bricklink You might be well of by contacting them.

Best regards Henning M.

I can't tell you about local shops, but I can tell you to try looking for shopping malls.

Yet, year after year Christmas sales seem be go worster. This year, looking in 6 different chains, there are a total 10/15 sets on sale; mostly large or extralarge, like Farm, Police HQ, Pirate ship, Creator fire truck, City construction site and so on. Unfortunately, no Medieval Market Village.

Let me add that every other set is selling for ordinary price (form -10% to +10% compared to S@H) and you are NOT going to find SW or IJ sets because they are selected toy shops exclusives.

That's what happens near Como, I can hardly imagine anything being different in Rome.

Good luck, I fear you need a lot of it.

I did some rummaging yesterday (my only real shopping day) and didn't find much.

The UPIM store (I may be misspelling that) in the Termini station is one of a chain of general clothes/homeware stores and had some of the larger sets and a couple of Bionicles. They're having a sale right now so I picked up the huge Power Miners drilll rig for a tenner less than at home, but normal price was about a tenner more. Not a great range, and it was big sets only.

The only actual shopping mall I found was out at the Cinecitta Metro stop. There was a small toy shop there too, not a huge range but it was the fantastic pokey kind of place that might have an old set jammed in the back somewhere if you look hard. They had a Jack Stone set; first time I've ever actually seen one. Also the Death Star, Eiffel Tower, the Exo-Force construction yard and a few other cool ginormous sets. They also had Vader's TIE Fighter for €48.99 and the triple set with Vader's TIE and two battlepacks for €49.99 :wacko: I picked up an Exo-Force 'mech I didn't already own and a Space Police Gold Heist set because for some reason, I can't get Space Police at home.

So, no fantastic finds but there's bound to be more to the city than what I saw.

Sign in to follow this