Natman8000

I hate Kmart!

so I was at Kmart, I just breezed in to look at the inventory of lego. What did I find? I found a dwarves mine with a destroyed and open box. so I took it to customer service, and I tried haggling with them to give it to me for a low price. I mean, what non collector would want to buy a wrecked lego set?. so I took it there and we opened the box and it was missing parts, like the huge troll! :cry_sad:

I asked how much theyed take off, and they said only ten percent. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: They already marked it up to 80 dollers and they would only drop 8 dollers. I wish kmart good luck trying to sell that. :hmpf_bad: Has this ever happened to any of you?

Edited by Natman4000

You think? Don't get all bent up over it, especially if you weren't planning to buy it in the first place.

Uh.... I think you're over-reacting. :wink:

I think he is.

Here's your option:

1. Complain-nothing will happen

2. Harden the hell up-Makes you stronger

3.Simply go somehwere else to buy it (I recomend this one the most :tongue: )

Im not overreacting, Im just expressing my discomfort in a concentrated way :grin: well I forgot to mention how I just got back into castle and I really wanted this. also Im on a limited budget and I would not spend 80-60 dollars on that. so it just was very disappointing to not get it for a low price or free. :laugh: Sorry for making a scene :look:

Too bad it wasn't Walmart, I'm sure you could have gotten away with paying $10 for it. :tongue:

But really, the closest Kmart to me now is almost 30 minutes away so I never bother going there to check their sets, especially since the last time I went to one there was basically nothing there.

You can't seriously think you had the tiniest chance of getting it for free. :laugh: That'd be the day...

Free Lego. P'fft. :laugh:

Edited by darthperson

I once found an utterly crushed and destroyed set at Wal Mart too, but they wouldn't give any form of discount, so they just took it away.

I honestly believe it all comes down to the store employee you're talking to, who has the final say whether to give a damaged item a small or huge discount, and maybe no discount at all (if that employee is a prick!)... I also honestly believe there are no store policies with regards to discounts given on damaged merchandise and if there are, these are rarely followed by store employees. With that said, one can get a good deal on occasions and at other times, none at all. As I always tell myself, it won't hurt to ask and never expect anything. You'll be better off that way in the end.

I once found an utterly crushed and destroyed set at Wal Mart too, but they wouldn't give any form of discount, so they just took it away.

you didn't ask. you need to ask before they take it away.

kmart and tru are absolute dicks when it come to destroyed boxes. 10% is the most they take off. the reason being that they can always return the set to TLC for full refund.

however there is a slight catch. they usually do provide 100% complete guarantee. so if you want to be a dick about it, you can buy the set, take the parts you want and return the box and the remaining content for a full refund. reason for refund = incomplete set. :tongue: but really...all they then do is return the set to lego, so instead of sticking it to kmart or TRU you are really sticking it to TLC. :thumbdown:

p.s. do not ever refer to my post. i don't want to get in trouble. :sadnew:

I don't let it bother me; I just don't shop at Kmart for Legos.

They're selection always sucks, what's there is usually broken.

Maybe 10 years ago Kmart was a decent store, on the level of Target or Walmart(bad for the economy btw, walmart sux). But lately they've turned into something of a thrift shop...

Don't worry about it, it is what it is. Just shop elsewhere if you want quality.

Edited by xenologer

Dude,that sucks.Though when I bought my friend the Dwarves Mine Defender for Christmas,I saw a DMD with the front of the box crushed in.

It seems that the DMD is a main target for destruction,don't you think?

Dude,that sucks.Though when I bought my friend the Dwarves Mine Defender for Christmas,I saw a DMD with the front of the box crushed in.

It seems that the DMD is a main target for destruction,don't you think?

Otherwise it would be called "petty destruction defender". :grin: I have noticed a few of these damaged lately too, must be the three figs in small set syndrome :wink:

Seriously, you could have bought the set for the 10% discount and then ordered the replacement parts of TLC

Otherwise it would be called "petty destruction defender". :grin: I have noticed a few of these damaged lately too, must be the three figs in small set syndrome :wink:

Seriously, you could have bought the set for the 10% discount and then ordered the replacement parts of TLC

I saw one of the big MM sets ripped completely open with pieces everywhere! I was tempted to take...but I didnt :tongue:

I saw one of the big MM sets ripped completely open with pieces everywhere! I was tempted to take...but I didnt :tongue:

Good for you! :thumbup:

Honesty has a place in society, ill gotten gains are just that....

you didn't ask. you need to ask before they take it away.

kmart and tru are absolute dicks when it come to destroyed boxes. 10% is the most they take off. the reason being that they can always return the set to TLC for full refund.

however there is a slight catch. they usually do provide 100% complete guarantee. so if you want to be a dick about it, you can buy the set, take the parts you want and return the box and the remaining content for a full refund. reason for refund = incomplete set. :tongue: but really...all they then do is return the set to lego, so instead of sticking it to kmart or TRU you are really sticking it to TLC. :thumbdown:

p.s. do not ever refer to my post. i don't want to get in trouble. :sadnew:

Actually, how I knew they wouldn't give me a discount, is because I did ask up at the customer service. That's where they took it away. (I brought it with me to show them)

My kmart has these sets:

-x1 Coast Gaurd Helicopter

-x1 Feirce Creatures

-x2 Racer Set

-ALOT of Bioncles

-x3 of a Clone wars set

-x1 Tower Raid

-x1 Duplo

It does stink. In both ways.

In the summer they had all the '08 of Batman sets! And the advent calender! But now it has crud.

And whenever theres open boxes, there me*a**oc*s (I don't like saying it.) :hmpf_bad:

I rarely buy Lego at Kmart. The one near me is ALWAYS trashed, and barely have any Lego. The only times I remember buying Lego there was when they had the Agents sets while I was shopping for something else. I bought the small $10 one because I couldn't find it elsewhere. The other time was when they had the City Fireboat for $25.

Edited by darthperson

I have never found anywhere that offers more than a 20% discount, except some small independants. However, one retailer here in NZ (The Warehouse) habitually does mark sets down when the box is damaged. I have found that often the set is complete even when the box has a 'missing parts' discount sticker on it. Being a department store, it is easy to find out if it is complete by taking the suspect set, and a good set to the kitchen department, and comparing their weight.

10% off of 10$ is only a dollar less, and the hassle with replacements isn't worth it.

I saw the 50th anniversary set at K-mart. picked it up and to my surprise pieces falling out. Probaly the gold bricks.

Edited by JCC1004

I saw the 50th anniversary set at K-mart. picked it up and to my surprise pieces falling out. Probaly the gold bricks.

I was very surprised to see this revived. Havent been there since.