Sebeus I

Hello Beastie

1.jpg

"Hello Beastie" Jack as he encounters the Kraken.

img_6836.jpg

The Kraken's tentacles are raising aside the ship, it's quiet abourd the pearl with the exception of Elizabeth saying "wiiiiiiiiil !?" and Will saying "steaaaady".

img_6824.jpg

img_6786-1.jpg

img_6833.jpg

More pictures on my Brickshelf.

If I were to win I'd chose the set (the mill)

phew, I had quite some work on this one, after trying and trying to get a complete ship on a 32x32 baseplate I eventually gave up, my last idea on that was good but I didn't have enough bricks to realize that.

So did something different now.

A cut-out from the Black Pearl.

This scene is from Dead Man's Chest and it's the most tragic scene of all movies I think, I almost cry when the kraken agressively attacks the pearl, smashing staircases, throwing around cannons and eventually pulls it down into the sea, my favourite ship gone :pir_bawling:

This scene also shows the cowardly side of Jack Sparrow as he flees the ship as soon as the Kraken arrives, he does return and goes down with the Pearl.

(I forgot a rather important detail here, Jacks hat :pir-cry_sad: )

I was short on parts, for example the tentacles, I wanted more longer tentacles so there would be more action but this design requiers quite some dishes which I don't have more of.

Anyway, this was a very fun built and I might make a new version of my Black Pearl on this scale.

and I'll make a post on mocpages as well

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

Another intriguing entry! As I've already read somewhere, you guys in the pirate part of forum really are one hell of a MOCers. Again the vignete clearly represents the scene from the movie and is easily recognizable. I really like all the detail of the ships interior. Even though the ship part is quite big it does not look a bit empty! Well done.

But of course it wouldn't be me without some complaints and suggestions. First I'd point out that the figures apart from Jack are very random guys with fleshy heads. Where is Will, Gibs and Elizabeth? I only recognize the short guy with the muskete - those are short legs aren't they? Even if you do not own the figures some minor changes could represent other guys. For example the blackbearded guy with the spear could represent Reggati if he had no hat. The one with hair could be Pintel if the tone of the hair was a bit lighter and the one with beard maybe Cotton - without the pegleg. Also I think that the ships floor would look better in dark grey than in dark tan. After all it's the Black Pearl.

All the above are just little sugestions and bare in mind I make them without knowing which parts you posess. It is hard to tell how someone can improve his work, because that might be the best you could do out of what you have. But there is something you can definetly improve. Since custom rigging is allowed, I'd add some ropes near the mast and some ropes going through the hole and conect it to the LEGO roped net if you have one or just try sewing something simple out of ordinary thin ropes. So that the guy wouldn't be placing the barrels just on the ground but into the net to pull them up ...

Good luck in the competition!

Edited by MstrOfPppts

Another intriguing entry! As I've already read somewhere, you guys in the pirate part of forum really are one hell of a MOCers. Again the vignete clearly represents the scene from the movie and is easily recognizable. I really like all the detail of the ships interior. Even though the ship part is quite big it does not look a bit empty! Well done.

But of course it wouldn't be me without some complaints and suggestions. First I'd point out that the figures apart from Jack are very random guys with fleshy heads. Where is Will, Gibs and Elizabeth? I only recognize the short guy with the muskete - those are short legs aren't they? Even if you do not own the figures some minor changes could represent other guys. For example the blackbearded guy with the spear could represent Reggati if he had no hat. The one with hair could be Pintel if the tone of the hair was a bit lighter and the one with beard maybe Cotton - without the pegleg. Also I think that the ships floor would look better in dark grey than in dark tan. After all it's the Black Pearl.

All the above are just little sugestions and bare in mind I make them without knowing which parts you posess. It is hard to tell how someone can improve his work, because that might be the best you could do out of what you have. But there is something you can definetly improve. Since custom rigging is allowed, I'd add some ropes near the mast and some ropes going through the hole and conect it to the LEGO roped net if you have one or just try sewing something simple out of ordinary thin ropes. So that the guy wouldn't be placing the barrels just on the ground but into the net to pull them up ...

Good luck in the competition!

Well, I considered a net to a rope but there's nothing to attacht it to, you see the crane of the pearl is connected to the first mast but on this scale and limited space of 32x32 studs it's just not possible to have two masts while keeping the proportions right.

But you're right about my mast, I could have made some rigging.

There's still time I'll see what I can improve, thanks

A nice MOC of an easily recognizable scene. You did a great job on the ships interior. I especially like the lowest deck and the way that you seem to have captured the mayhem on the ship as the crew prepares to battle the Kraken.

Several things I might do differently. First off, I really like the ripples in the water around the Pearl and where the tentacles come up however I think that you should make the water using the SNOT tecniqe. Also, the ship seems to have a lack of crew members. I think that adding some more minifigs could help to fill up some of the empty spaces. Finally, I think that you should change the scene so that the Kraken is attacking and the crew is fighting back. You could have cannon balls flying, muskets firing as some helpless sailor gets plucked from the deck.

Good luck in the contest, you defiantly have a chance!

EDIT: I missed the first picture with Jack facing the Kraken! That's fantastic! I love all the teeth facing inwords and the tentacle crawling up the side of the ship. Really well done!

Edited by Captain Genaro

A nice MOC of an easily recognizable scene. You did a great job on the ships interior. I especially like the lowest deck and the way that you seem to have captured the mayhem on the ship as the crew prepares to battle the Kraken.

Several things I might do differently. First off, I really like the ripples in the water around the Pearl and where the tentacles come up however I think that you should make the water using the SNOT tecniqe. Also, the ship seems to have a lack of crew members. I think that adding some more minifigs could help to fill up some of the empty spaces. Finally, I think that you should change the scene so that the Kraken is attacking and the crew is fighting back. You could have cannon balls flying, muskets firing as some helpless sailor gets plucked from the deck.

Good luck in the contest, you defiantly have a chance!

Thanks, don't have much more fleshy minifigures (got harry potter but his glasses might not look good in this scene :P)

an attacking Kraken would certainly be cool but very difficult to build, I don't think I'm that good :pir-sceptic:

I love the kraken, I fine myself wanting a full view of it, but I suppose that's half the allure.

Look for this on our blog soon, and good luck.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Wow! Very impressive, and one of my favorite scenes in the movie! Excellent detail to the interior of teh ship and a meticulous (sp) job on the Kraken! A+

Wow! The cracken snout really looks amazing. I assume you only had enough teeth or red parts to make half of it? If not I'd love to see the whole thing. About the nets and rigging, you could put a transparent stick (pole) in the middle of the hole in the hull sticking out and tie the net on to it. Then use a black antennae to represent the rope going on to the imaginary crane ...

Also the vignete with cracken and without are quite different. I'd consider asking the mods not to violate the one entry per person rule.

Excellent job!

Great entry :thumbup: I like how you did the kraken, but the ship itself is also very nice with the underwater part and all those crates, barrels and other stuff.

This is an amazing set, most recognisably at first is the gnashing teeth/beak of the Kraken, I'm sure replicating this would have been immensely difficult, in particular the hollowed out mouth.

Secondly, I love the detail of the hull inside, there's not a corner left unfurnished, and the brig is certainly nostalgic, it works seamlessly with the rest of the ship.

There's a lot here to love. :thumbup:

Excellent MOC. The kraken's teeth look terrifying. I like how you did the prison and the tumblehome. The interior of the ship is very detailed.

I agree with MstrOfPppts

Where is Will, Gibs and Elizabeth? I only recognize the short guy with the muskete - those are short legs aren't they?
Where is Elizabeth, and where are the chains?

Also, I think the crew escaped on a boat. I think you could have added the big exploding packet for the kraken. Lastly, I think the crew said something like 'We're short stocked on gunpowder, three barrels.' The crew loaded rum and everything inflammable onto the packet. But these are just minor issues and I really like you MOC. Good luck in winning the contest.

Great build !

Was the kraken design inspired from here ?

The Pearl looks a little too clean to me but that's no biggy.

On the subject of being a single MOC you will need to update either the first pic or the other four so when viewed as a whole the creation has not changed.

You may move minifigs for each shot but the creation must stay the same through-out.

As it stands you have two MOCs here and will not be accepted.

Sorry but they're the rules.

A very nice moc! Lots to like here, the cut away ship is great with lots of detail and action. The tenticals look very effective and it's a shame you didn't have the pieces to make them longer. The mouth of the kraken looks really good and menacing, probably my favorite part of this moc. I'd really like to see more of it, maybe you could build a complete full scale scene after the contest! Great entry and good luck in the contest.

Glad to see the final scene between Jack and the Kraken. Love all the detail and the decks, Great job! :pir-classic:

Ok I'm working on it,

I'll incorporate a permanent Kraken's Mouth ( try my best but I'm short on parts)

I'll include the cargo net with barrels.

I don't have Will, Gibs and Elizabeth and am not in possesion of appropriate torso's and such. I'll see what I can do though.

The boat the crew used to escape is located on the other side of the ship, this cut-out only shows a starboard section.

Anyway, I hope I get things done before the deadline or I'll have to drop the Kraken's mouth :pir-cry_sad:

Wonderful MOC! That Kraken maw is fantastic! Is that made with a net? Brilliant!

If only it could have a few more longer tentacles it would be perfect.

Still a great job! Best of luck in the contest.

Ok I'm working on it,

I'll incorporate a permanent Kraken's Mouth ( try my best but I'm short on parts)

I'll include the cargo net with barrels.

I don't have Will, Gibs and Elizabeth and am not in possesion of appropriate torso's and such. I'll see what I can do though.

The boat the crew used to escape is located on the other side of the ship, this cut-out only shows a starboard section.

Anyway, I hope I get things done before the deadline or I'll have to drop the Kraken's mouth :pir-cry_sad:

I'll be honest, the kraken is the best part of this MOC, I would do what is needed to get that built again, I think it would be a real contender in this competition.

I think that the details on the Black Pearl and the Kraken's mouth are amazing! Great job :thumbup: I really like that you depicted this scene by building a detailed section of the ship showing the activity of the crew. Well done!

Great MOC! I love the way you designed the Kraken :thumbup: . My only little gripe is that Jack didn't have his hat during the battle (and for most of the film), until the Kraken spat it out right before it dragged the Black Pearl to the depths.

A fantastic entry! Scattered with details, and it's all pretty accurate to the movie as well. :thumbup:

Good luck in the contest!

The Kraken is really really impressive. Good work! :pir-wub: :pir-wub:

My only little gripe is that Jack didn't have his hat during the battle (and for most of the film), until the Kraken spat it out right before it dragged the Black Pearl to the depths.

The Kraken spits the hat out and Jack puts it on before "entering" to the beasts fangs :wink:

And when he met Bootstrap he still had it and after getting the Black Spot the hat was taken away!

For me this all fits to the movie very good :pir-sweet:

And - Good luck for the contest!

-Aredhel

it's pretty cool. Great job! i understand that its not "resource friendly" to make the tentacles but more would be nice. especially ones coming through the walls. i plan on also entering this contest and so far the competition is tough. im constantely having to add stuff onto my model to make it better. once again great job.